Idea for a Reliever

Hanleylicious

The Padres non-tendered Mike Matthews, I just saw it on rotoworld.

And I think he'd be a good guy for the Pen.

He's extremely cheap, 350,000k, a Lefty , already has 4 years under his belt, so he's not exactly that new to this. Like some other names that were mentioned in recent articles.

He went 6-4 with a 4.45 ERA, dont get me wrong theres need for improvement but I think he'd help out tremendously in our BP which needs to be patched up.

Anyone know any further 411 on him?

just a quick question for all of the doubters:

now do all of our trades and money moving deals look BAD?

we are under budget only awaiting the arbritrations of our starters and Sea Bass and can choose from MANY solid major league talents on the bargain market. Beinfest can either make a big splash or add some "pieces"

4th or 5th OF option in Gabe Kapler?

Red Sox non-tendered outfielder Gabe Kapler.

Kapler earned $3.25 million last season, so he's been guaranteed of being non-tendered since the moment the Red Sox picked him up as a free agent. Boston likely will attempt to re-sign him, but there are a lot of teams that would like to have him as a part-time player.

/rotoworld

I like the idea of Scott Strickland who was non-tendered by the Mets. 3.28 lifetime ERA, 2.25 last year. Could be brought in for just less than $1M. Has been a closer.

Not sure that he will be off the DL at the beginning of the season, but has shown alot of potential, enough to take the chance.

Kapler is a decent 4th OFer but maybe its time to let some "prospects" have the bench job.

What outfield prospects? Thirty-something Abraham Nunez? Doube-A Jeremy Hermida? That's another thing we should have addressed this off-season by trading Looper or Redman or Pavano.

I like Kapler a lot. Here, Gabe, it's an one-year 900K contract. Happy Chanukah!

Hey! Mike Matthews went my local community college. MoCo U! :mischief2