Looper Question?

MarlinGm

How many of you guys want him back for the 3 - 3.5 mil he is likely to get through arbitration? I for one will only want him back if he accepts a contract for 2 or less. With options out there such as Terry Adams, Mike Dejean, Jeff Nelson, Dave Veres, Matt Mantei, Scott Williamosn, Byung-Hyun Kim, Armando, and Danys Baez it will be stupid to overpay for Looper.

I would want him back. If he can work on his control and work on other pitches other than his fastball.

He has a great, fast moving fastball but no breaking pitch thats good enough. He gets hit very hard when he keeps repeating his pitches also.

This guy is going to be thirty already im tired of hearing the potential he has if he works on other pitches. I want people who can pitch now and have the ability to be dominant throughout the whole year.

I would want him back. If he can work on his control and work on other pitches other than his fastball.He has a great, fast moving fastball but no breaking pitch thats good enough. He gets hit very hard when he keeps repeating his pitches also.

This guy is going to be thirty already im tired of hearing the potential he has if he works on other pitches. I want people who can pitch now and have the ability to be dominant throughout the whole year.

you're not going to find that in the list you mentioned at the top of the page I can tell you that for sure.

I would want him back. If he can work on his control and work on other pitches other than his fastball.He has a great, fast moving fastball but no breaking pitch thats good enough. He gets hit very hard when he keeps repeating his pitches also.

so you want him to keep on blowing saves?

Hitters will adapt to the fastballs.

QUOTE (MarlinGm @ Dec 20 2003, 11:43 PM) 
CODE  
I would want him back. If he can work on his control and work on other pitches other than his fastball.

He has a great, fast moving fastball but no breaking pitch thats good enough. He gets hit very hard when he keeps repeating his pitches also. 

so you want him to keep on blowing saves?

Hitters will adapt to the fastballs.

No im just saying he sucks and I don't want him back for anything more than 2mil.

QUOTE (MarlinGm @ Dec 20 2003, 11:43 PM) CODE ?I would want him back. If he can work on his control and work on other pitches other than his fastball.He has a great, fast moving fastball but no breaking pitch thats good enough. He gets hit very hard when he keeps repeating his pitches also. This guy is going to be thirty already im tired of hearing the potential he has if he works on other pitches. I want people who can pitch now and have the ability to be dominant throughout the whole year. ?so you want him to keep on blowing saves?Hitters will adapt to the fastballs.

No im just saying he sucks and I don't want him back for anything more than 2mil.

you are obviously a bandwagoner because you must have only watched the marlins in september and the playoffs.

you are obviously a bandwagoner because you must have only watched the marlins in september and the playoffs.

No im not I have been watching the Marlins and going to games since the 1997 team won the World Series. Look at Looper stats and tell me if he has ever been dominating http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/players/stats?statsId=5966 IMO Looper is just a better version of Alfonseca who I use to hate more than Looper.

Looper carried a 2.28 ERA to the All-Star break, so he does have potential. He faded in the 2nd half....the 2 blown saves against Atlanta were terrible. But he does have a very lively fastball in the high 90s when he is on.

I would rather see him in a set-up role and would like to see a strong closer added to the pen.

Looper carried a 2.28 ERA to the All-Star break, so he does have potential. He faded in the 2nd half....the 2 blown saves against Atlanta were terrible. But he does have a very lively fastball in the high 90s when he is on.

I would rather see him in a set-up role and would like to see a strong closer added to the pen.

I'll give Looper that he is solid and has a high 90s fastball but his control is horrible and he only has a fastball. He is nothing more than a middle reliver and since were not the Red Sox or Yankees we souldn't pay 3 mil for a middle reliver.