Player Pool Announced

Admin

Kemp not making the pool with 60 spots available and with the DH happening and with 3 weeks to still finalize the opening day roster means they were 200% sure they weren't gonna keep him so he wasn't even given one final chance. Sucks for him though probably a big sign that winning is important this year. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, SilverBullet said:

If the deadline to set the pool was today at 4 then how can they still add 3 players? That's not an actual deadline then. 

I guess you had to submit the roster by then but you could leave as many open spots as you wanted for acquisitions. Guys already under contract probably can't be added now. Rodriguez was a non-roster invite and Meyer hasn't signed yet.

5 minutes ago, SonOfJack said:

I guess you had to submit the roster by then but you could leave as many open spots as you wanted for acquisitions. Guys already under contract probably can't be added now. Rodriguez was a non-roster invite and Meyer hasn't signed yet.

Understood but that's still a misleading form of a deadline. By that definition a team could have submit a 1 man roster and left 59 spots open. 

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, SilverBullet said:

Understood but that's still a misleading form of a deadline. By that definition a team could have submit a 1 man roster and left 59 spots open. 

True but then they'd have to sign the other 59 guys and all their regular 25 man guys would be ineligible.

I think the 40-man was automatically included for every team anyway so the minimum a team could've submitted as 40.

8 minutes ago, SilverBullet said:

Did anyone on the Marlins 40 man not make the player pool? 

I don't think that's possible, from how I understand it. I think everyone on 40-man is automatically part of it. I could be wrong though, this whole process has confused the crap out of me.

8 minutes ago, SonOfJack said:

I don't think that's possible, from how I understand it. I think everyone on 40-man is automatically part of it. I could be wrong though, this whole process has confused the crap out of me.

I read that someone on the 40man could be excluded if the team didn't think they could play this season such as someone with a long term injury or someone the team didn't want to play this season like a prospect not yet ready for the majors. 

If so then it makes it more interesting that guys like Bleday and Meyers made the list.