Some Various News Concerning Us

Hanleylicious

* The Florida Marlins have extended their lease on Pro Player Stadium, assuring them to stay in Florida for the next 2 years until the lease expires in 2005.

c/o Miami Herald

* Marlins signed LHP Matt Perisho to a minor league contract. Perisho, 28, has a career ERA of 7.07 in 215 innings over parts of six seasons. He'll probably pitch for Triple-A Albuquerque.

c/o Rotoworld

* The Orioles say they haven't ruled out signing Ivan Rodriguez and pairing him with Javy Lopez. There's almost no chance that this is going to happen. Vladimir Guerrero is still out there and he's now Baltimore's top target. If he decides to head elsewhere, perhaps the Orioles could consider adding Pudge. However, they are the clear favorites to land Vladi.

c/o Rotoworld

They Can Sign Pudge to Play Catcher. Javy to 1B/DH.

and sign some Pitcheres and there set.

Yup which leaves Vlad out of a job in Baltimore, considering they have to sign quite a few pitchers to even think about competing in the AL East. Look at all those teams, they have dangerous offenses as well as lights out pitching.

Toronto-Roy Halladay

Boston-Whole Starting Rotation

NY-The Moose, Vazquez, Brown, and the Pen

DRays-Zambrano is gonna be good.

O's-Who the hell do they have that is lights out?

O's already made a splash, I suppose, with this offseason. I would be curious to see how this offseason has impacted their ticket sales - because maybe they will be less inclined to sign Vlad. I think O's are favorites because they have the money, and have actually said they are trying to sign him - but he still hasnt signed. Makes you wonder what he is waiting for - and why we keep downplaying, even removing ourselves, from the Vlad Sweeps anyway. I dont think we are into signing him anymore - maybe just too much money. But if the Marlins wanted to make a splash to the voters, that is another way of doing it - because they want the referendum to pass BEFORE the season starts, and I think that is asking too much. They have to sign a guy like Vlad to make a buzz at least.

:blink: Orlando Sentinel ran an article the other day . Mentions that Vivendi (who used to own Universal studios) just sold off a rather large portion of real estate, it was going to be another theme park, to someone. I wonder what it is going to be?

Aww come on you think the Marlins would hide this news especially after signing a new lease...

:blink: Orlando Sentinel ran an article the other day . Mentions that Vivendi (who used to own Universal studios) just sold off a rather large portion of real estate, it was going to be another theme park, to someone. I wonder what it is going to be?

The question is where is that large portion of land located? And is there major highways around it for easy access? :thumbup

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.