4/20 Post Game Thread

12 minutes ago, SonOfJack said:

I have to assume she is just doing what they asked her to do, and for whatever reason MLB doesn't want those

Nope, I checked, other teams still do them.

Edit: Hmm, I checked a little deeper now and it seems like winning teams do them but losing teams do not. So like last night Yankees beat the Braves and the Yankees have an article recapping the win and the Braves just have an article recapping one aspect of the game. So for yesterday's Marlins game the Orioles have an article on the game and the Marlins have an article about Alfaro getting hurt and Jazz being pulled early. I could be wrong but what a weird way to do this. I don't like it at all.

11 hours ago, jeffreysfishfry said:

Just need to stay in the mix for another month or so.  Imagine this roster down the stretch.

Alcantara, Lopez, Rogers, Sixto & Elieser with a reinforced bullpen Cabrera, Bender and possibly Meyer.  Mattingly couldn’t even mess that up. 

Sounds like a challenge he's willing to accept.

3 hours ago, Das Texan said:

People are really surprised Don is this bad as a manager?

This is a known issue folks.

I don't think it's necessarily a surprise he makes a bad move.  It's just that some are more baffling than others - this is one of them.  Why on earth would you pull out the "Jose Fernandez" of the lineup just because?

• Haha 1

36 minutes ago, SilverBullet said:

Really he just overthought the move and underestimated how close his team could make the game later. Probably didn't feel good about the offense at that point. If Mattingly thought it would be a one or two run game again you'd have to imagine he wouldn't have pulled Jazz.

I agree that he overthought it.  I would even say it was a clever move but he sacrificed the wrong chess piece (Jazz) way to soon to protect a pawn (pitcher)  

This is just a thought.  I’m wondering if Mattingly is trying to send a message with Jazz also.  The Jazz & Jose comparisons have been made and from what I know (isn’t much) Mattingly wasn’t fond of Jose’s dramatics.  Not that he didn’t like Jose, but he just wanted that stuff to chill down.  Like I said this is just a thought. 

6 minutes ago, jeffreysfishfry said:

I agree that he overthought it.  I would even say it was a clever move but he sacrificed the wrong chess piece (Jazz) way to soon to protect a pawn (pitcher)  

This is just a thought.  I’m wondering if Mattingly is trying to send a message with Jazz also.  The Jazz & Jose comparisons have been made and from what I know (isn’t much) Mattingly wasn’t fond of Jose’s dramatics.  Not that he didn’t like Jose, but he just wanted that stuff to chill down.  Like I said this is just a thought. 

Maybe but I don't think Jazz is as "wild" as Jose. He's only been around briefly but I haven't heard of Jazz having to be reeled in for anything. He's energetic but apparently is a good kid and does everything right and works hard and all that stuff. I don't get the impression that he has anything that would need to be put in check unlike guys like Jose and Acuna and others. Not every energetic player is a problem.

• Like 1