Former Marlin Jim Corsi passes

fanofthefish

Jim Corsi was a member of the inaugural Marlins team in 1993 appearing in 16 games, I got to meet him in 2015 at Fenway, I had seen that he was appearing at a "Walk in the Park" I dug out my Marlins cards of him and he graciously signed and took time to talk with me and my family while posing for pictures, sadly he passed from cancer. 

https://www.mlb.com/redsox/press-release/press-release-red-sox-mourn-the-passing-of-jim-corsi?fbclid=IwAR2-0rlZSbeIHk-F9Xwkz5Fe-CoGaQpV-4Xg9DjYpxNSOcF0c4eh9iG9hdI

RIP Jim

And in memory of him, I'll help spread the message that he gave recently in an interview. He did not get a colonoscopy and it likely would've prolonged his life had he done that. Get one if you're at risk or of the usual age where it is recommended. It can literally save your life.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, SonOfJack said:

RIP Jim

And in memory of him, I'll help spread the message that he gave recently in an interview. He did not get a colonoscopy and it likely would've prolonged his life had he done that. Get one if you're at risk or of the usual age where it is recommended. It can literally save your life.

I saw that interview, it was heartbreaking, I'm of that age, so yeah it certainly was a call to action for me

• Like 1

2 hours ago, SonOfJack said:

RIP Jim

Thats something i'm absolutley not looking forward to having!

I mean getting cancer would suck more, so I'll get it, but still....