Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MarlinsBaseball.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Obie Trice

Featured Replies

yah "dawg"...Furman in the "heezy" and such.

Nobody keeps it real like F-Gizzle.

  • Author

scraight from the hood?

 

you almost had your slang down F-Dawg :lol

try to say things that ryhme with sizzle

I don't want to offend any of you...but what does a rapper like Jay-Z have to offer in his music? Its incredible how stupid his lyrics are, and it's not just Jay-Z...there are others...

 

If anyone is looking for some hip hop that actually makes some sense and actually requires a brain to understand then I recommend the following....

 

Atmosphere (Trying To Find A Balance, F*@k You Lucy)

Aesop Rock (Daylight, 9-5ers Anthem)

Blackalicious

Sage Francis (Makeshift Patriot, Crack Pipes)

Mos Def

Mr. Lif (Success, New Man Theme, Home of the Brave)

J-Live

Talib Kweli

  • Author

i enjoy rap that actually has a story or a message its sad that the majority of songs today are about big asses, new cars and diamonds.

 

J-5 is a group i like too because they have such an old skool sound...

i enjoy rap that actually has a story or a message

Then i strongly advise you to listen to Mr. Lif....it sounds a bit different but listen to once you get used to it ....it sounds reallll good

 

KJC..have you heard any of the artists that I listed?

  • Author

i have heard of most of them, Atmosphere has a great anger but the fact that hes a "post Eminem white rapper" wont help his career.

 

Talib Kweli was actually on the Roots album for the person asking about them earlier...

If anyone is looking for some hip hop that actually makes some sense and actually requires a brain to understand then I recommend the following....

 

Atmosphere (Trying To Find A Balance, F*@k You Lucy)

Aesop Rock (Daylight, 9-5ers Anthem)

Blackalicious

Sage Francis (Makeshift Patriot, Crack Pipes)

Mos Def

Mr. Lif (Success, New Man Theme, Home of the Brave)

J-Live

Talib Kweli

Oh shut the f*** up, backpacker. Because someone likes Jigga or 50 cent doesn't mean they're stupid or can't understand your backpack rap.

Mos Def

Talib Kweli

awesome awesome rappers, love em.

 

and you know whats actually really funny? On "The Black Album" by Jay Z, in the song "Moment of Clarity", Jay talks about that he would rap like Talib Kweli but he had to add extra s*** so that he would sell records. and that's actually so true...what's sad about today is that a lot of people don't just like straight rap/hip-hop, if it doesn't have a catchy beat or chorus..then most people will not like the song. and that's what jay z's saying. and that's why talib kweli is not as famous, I mean I never hear about him. I love him though, I wish I would but all I ever heard by him is "Get By".

  • Author

just because an artist doesnt make a video or put out singles every month doesnt make them less talented.

 

sometimes you just need to listen to local radio or pickup some mixtapes to hear whats real.

I never said he was less talented.

 

I'm just saying you don't see him being as nationally promoted as all the other rappers like Jay, Nas, blah blah the list goes on.

  • Author

i didnt say YOU said he was less talented

 

i was just stating what i think.

 

alot of high quality rappers do what Pearl Jam does in the rock field, they make the music they want to make and dont worry about cheesy videos or national publicity. if you have skills in any form of expression people will notice you.

 

Jay-Z is a very talented rapper this all started because i said i preffer Nas over J.

 

we all got opinions and thats why this is a great world :thumbup

If anyone is looking for some hip hop that actually makes some sense and actually requires a brain to understand then I recommend the following....

 

Atmosphere (Trying To Find A Balance, F*@k You Lucy)

Aesop Rock (Daylight, 9-5ers Anthem)

Blackalicious

Sage Francis (Makeshift Patriot, Crack Pipes)

Mos Def

Mr. Lif (Success, New Man Theme, Home of the Brave)

J-Live

Talib Kweli

Oh shut the f*** up, backpacker. Because someone likes Jigga or 50 cent doesn't mean they're stupid or can't understand your backpack rap. hahahahha backpaker!!!!!!

 

Young H.O.V.A is the s***...... i have the Black Album and if you listen to Track 3... than you would know the man can spit......

 

listen Backpaker all the names you just named most these cats dont know... hell i only know about 3 them.....

 

man you take teh rap game too f***ing serious.......

 

you need to just enjoy teh music like when 50 cent talks about Gangsta s***..... or EM talks about killing J.D and his b***h..... and how wizzzzzy talks about stunting.....

 

nobody wants to hear Common or Most Def......

 

ay F-Grizzle?????

 

Daddy Dom says "sup"

  • Author

actually daddy dom, Em is hating on Canabis while the good Doctor is agains Dupri and Ja. there are some great dis tracks on Obies album with Dre and Em.

 

Common Sense is a great rapper but its sad that it is true, we love gangstas and fighting. thats just the way it is...

If anyone is looking for some hip hop that actually makes some sense and actually requires a brain to understand then I recommend the following....

 

Atmosphere (Trying To Find A Balance, F*@k You Lucy)

Aesop Rock (Daylight, 9-5ers Anthem)

Blackalicious

Sage Francis (Makeshift Patriot, Crack Pipes)

Mos Def

Mr. Lif (Success, New Man Theme, Home of the Brave)

J-Live

Talib Kweli

Oh shut the f*** up, backpacker. Because someone likes Jigga or 50 cent doesn't mean they're stupid or can't understand your backpack rap. Sorry Nugget you must have been offended...

 

but actually I never said anyone was stupid

 

that picture of you scares the f--k out of me...you look like a tough guy

  • Author

Nugget is a balla.

 

he is also the Master Of Thuganomics.

 

but he cant handle my West Side powers :cool

I'll tell yall a great album Philadelphia Freeway by FREEWAY. That boy can spit. Thats one of my favorite albums. The whole thing is quality. Just thought I'd mention.

If anyone is looking for some hip hop that actually makes some sense and actually requires a brain to understand then I recommend the following....

 

Atmosphere (Trying To Find A Balance, F*@k You Lucy)

Aesop Rock (Daylight, 9-5ers Anthem)

Blackalicious

Sage Francis (Makeshift Patriot, Crack Pipes)

Mos Def

Mr. Lif (Success, New Man Theme, Home of the Brave)

J-Live

Talib Kweli

Oh shut the f*** up, backpacker. Because someone likes Jigga or 50 cent doesn't mean they're stupid or can't understand your backpack rap. hahahahha backpaker!!!!!!

 

Young H.O.V.A is the s***...... i have the Black Album and if you listen to Track 3... than you would know the man can spit......

 

listen Backpaker all the names you just named most these cats dont know... hell i only know about 3 them.....

 

man you take teh rap game too f***ing serious.......

 

you need to just enjoy teh music like when 50 cent talks about Gangsta s***..... or EM talks about killing J.D and his b***h..... and how wizzzzzy talks about stunting.....

 

nobody wants to hear Common or Most Def......

 

ay F-Grizzle?????

 

Daddy Dom says "sup" daddy dom you are a true gangsta for real

 

you are right ...i should have known the man can spit

 

listen up pal....you are not ghetto you are not a thug AND YOU CERTAINLY AREN'T A PLAYA OR A PIMP

 

so stop typing like an idiot and type in real english

 

everyone knows you are a wannabe when you are trying to be a gangster over the internet...it just doesn't work pal FOR REAL

 

besides how can anyone take "the rap game" serious? its a complete joke

 

PEACE!

I'll tell yall a great album Philadelphia Freeway by FREEWAY. That boy can spit. Thats one of my favorite albums. The whole thing is quality. Just thought I'd mention.

Omg, I totally forgot about him.

 

He has skills. And sick beats to go along with it.

 

I wanna get his CD.

  • Author

im still amazed how heated a hip hop topic could get.

 

wheres the love people? :lol

im still amazed how heated a hip hop topic could get.

 

wheres the love people? :lol

well i don't know but I didn't say anything to offend anyone so I don't know why Nugget had to come out being such an a$$hole

If anyone is looking for some hip hop that actually makes some sense and actually requires a brain to understand then I recommend the following....

 

Atmosphere (Trying To Find A Balance, F*@k You Lucy)

Aesop Rock (Daylight, 9-5ers Anthem)

Blackalicious

Sage Francis (Makeshift Patriot, Crack Pipes)

Mos Def

Mr. Lif (Success, New Man Theme, Home of the Brave)

J-Live

Talib Kweli

Oh shut the f*** up, backpacker. Because someone likes Jigga or 50 cent doesn't mean they're stupid or can't understand your backpack rap. hahahahha backpaker!!!!!!

 

Young H.O.V.A is the s***...... i have the Black Album and if you listen to Track 3... than you would know the man can spit......

 

listen Backpaker all the names you just named most these cats dont know... hell i only know about 3 them.....

 

man you take teh rap game too f***ing serious.......

 

you need to just enjoy teh music like when 50 cent talks about Gangsta s***..... or EM talks about killing J.D and his b***h..... and how wizzzzzy talks about stunting.....

 

nobody wants to hear Common or Most Def......

 

ay F-Grizzle?????

 

Daddy Dom says "sup" i know what your saying about taking it to seriously but thats some ignorant s*** your saying. not everything is about stunting, "gansta s***" or killing bitches. that aint real life, the gangsta s*** definetly isnt real for most of us (all of us on this board including you).

Yeah, I'm a tough dude. I carry 'round a nine so the bitches don't be sweatin' a brotha, nah mee? :plain

 

Seriously, I like those artists you named, but I didn't appreciate your comments towards commercial rap.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.