The High School Football Recruiting Thread

Craig

http://rivals100.rivals.com/viewrank.asp?ra_key=464

There is the link to the rivals top 100 players in the nation. It includes their height, weight, 40 time, player profiles, and schools the player has committed to or where they are interested in going to. The site also has tons of other cool stuff you can check out.

As many of you know, stud linebacker Willie Williams is very interested in Miami. He is number 11 and ranked as a top (5 star) prospect. I am really into this recruiting stuff, so I figured I'd start a thread since so many of you have talked about Willie Williams as of late.

Guest Juanky

Well, the Top 20 isn't looking to bad for us Canes. I was really hoping we'd somehow land Peterson, and it was between us, OU, and SC at the end, but he ended up going with OU. They have a good class so far.

You guys also have a great shot at Early Doucet, the number 1 WR, a 5 star prospect, and the number 4 player in the nation, but I think LSU winning the national title and the fact that he is from Louisiana is going to hurt your chances at getting him.

Guest Juanky

I'm not sure what LSU's exact WR situation is, but I have heard that they are a plenty young team and the Canes are losing alot of players and I think the staff will work the playing time angle alot. We have a chance at him and the other Top 20 WR that is still out there, we are competing with Michigan for him.

I'm not sure what LSU's exact WR situation is, but I have heard that they are a plenty young team and the Canes are losing alot of players and I think the staff will work the playing time angle alot. We have a chance at him and the other Top 20 WR that is still out there, we are competing with Michigan for him.

Cameron Colvin is the other WR you speak of, from De La Salle in Cali, but it's unlikely he will not go to Michigan. I'd say you guys have a better chance at Doucet, who is almost 50/50 on THE U and LSU right now.

if he wants playing time, he'll come to Miami- LSU already has Michael Clayton, Devery Henderson, and Skyler Green, assumming none to the NFL. (even though clayton might)

Don't forget, Miami has Ryan Moore, plus 2 guys I think are going to bust out next year in Sinorice Moss and Akieem Jolla

Guest Juanky

We really need DB and OL (got two but we can also land a third in Herring, the top OL left, though we aren't leading that one). We got Freeman, who I am really high on thanks to that 4.5 40 and I think that maybe, just maybe, he could get the starting job as a true freshman somewhere in the early-middle of the year if both Berlin and Wright struggle. He is going to be quite a G.

if he wants playing time, he'll come to Miami- LSU already has Michael Clayton, Devery Henderson, and Skyler Green, assumming none to the NFL. (even though clayton might)

Don't forget, Miami has Ryan Moore, plus 2 guys I think are going to bust out next year in Sinorice Moss and Akieem Jolla true, but he has a better shot at Miami, since only one of those guys has proved anything, whilst LSU's big 3 have all proved plenty.

im hopin the number 6 prospect Demario Pressley commits to unc. I got to see him play this year and he is an absolute beast. That would save the tar heels class as it is fairly weak so far.

But as far as Miami goes i think they have nothing to worry about. I'm pretty sure Williams will commit there and I think Miami will have no problems winning the ACC next year.

We really need DB and OL (got two but we can also land a third in Herring, the top OL left, though we aren't leading that one). We got Freeman, who I am really high on thanks to that 4.5 40 and I think that maybe, just maybe, he could get the starting job as a true freshman somewhere in the early-middle of the year if both Berlin and Wright struggle. He is going to be quite a G.

The top OL left, Herring, is from So Cal and likely going to USC.

Freeman is going to be very good.

Wright is NOT going to struggle, he is a star in the making. Plus Freeman won't be good enough to start as a true freshman IMO.

Don't worry about DB's and OL's, there are plenty interested in Miami.

Guest Juanky

The top OL left, Herring, is from So Cal and likely going to USC.

Freeman is going to be very good.

Wright is NOT going to struggle, he is a star in the making. Plus Freeman won't be good enough to start as a true freshman IMO.

Don't worry about DB's and OL's, there are plenty interested in Miami. Oh don't get me wrong, I love Wright and was calling for him to give up the redshirt and step in when we struggled at Q (jokingly of course, but point across). Just dropping that out there JIC, because in life you just don't know. If something God forbid happens to Wright I don't want Berlin to be the one taking over. And Crudup was good for all of 3 plays in his Miami career so far, none of them in the 2003 season.

We have plenty of DBs and OLs coming, I know. Two good ones in both already verbally committed, and maybe one or two more coming on each. We also have a TE recruit who looks fast as hell (Guthrie), but I'd like us to nail Zach Miller because he is whom I think will be the next in the new TE U. We are leading there right now, hopefully we can close the deal and have him committed in the next couple of weeks, possibly boosting other areas.

if you guys like recruiting sites, theinsiders is probably my favorite.

their top 100 is at: http://recruiting.theinsiders.com/3/2004_fb101.html

some notables for the canes:

willie williams is #2 (and the #1 LB)

early doucet is #8 (and the #1 WR)

zach miller is #21 (and the #1 TE)

charlie jones (commit) is #22 (and the #2 RB)

kirby freeman (commit) is #24 (and the #4 QB)

theinsiders' positional rankings and player pages (which are very good) are at:

http://scout.theinsiders.com/a.z?s=73&p=9&c=4

definitely a great site to look at.

Well, it looks like Ohio State's Top 5 recruiting class run will end at 3. We've only got 2 guys on the first top 100 and 3 on the other, although we're in the running for 5 or 6 more. Getting Teddy Ginn is beautiful though. Now, if only we could find a way to steal that Xavier Lee kid...

Well, it looks like Ohio State's Top 5 recruiting class run will end at 3. We've only got 2 guys on the first top 100 and 3 on the other, although we're in the running for 5 or 6 more. Getting Teddy Ginn is beautiful though. Now, if only we could find a way to steal that Xavier Lee kid...

Xavier Lee is a beast, my high school played his high school twice and he single-handedly carried that team.

I'm also familiar with the other Xavier, Xavier Carter who played for one of our rivals, Palm Bay.