Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MarlinsBaseball.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

King pitches stadium plan to Gov. Bush

Featured Replies

Isn't it better to get on the Turnpike from Cutler Ridge all the way to PPS?

It's better than taking the Palmetto expressway, but it's still 35 miles to PPS via the Turnpike, which translates to a 45-60 minute drive under light-moderate traffic. Unfortunately traffic gets backed up near the toll booth and near the I-75 exit during rush hour, which is right before 7 PM games.

I'm just glad some other options are on the table to put pressure on Miami to get things done by March 15th. I don't trust the City of Miami. They screwed Henry. They screwed the Fusion. Nothing we say about the convenience or inconvenience of the site matters. The City of Miami is not a reliable partner. They only way they can prove they've changed their ways is to make a solid commitment in the next 2 months. If they can't get this deal solidified by March, the Marlins have no choice but to look elsewhere.

How did the city of Miami screw Henry? Henry screwed the fans when he fumbled

the opportunity to get state support for a stadium when he went to Tallahassee and ran out of time when the legislative session ended. Of course, this was all after he said he would build a stadium with his money if it came to that.

City of Miami doesnt deserve even a minor league team , the fans there are fair weather and god forbid they would have to drive 20 minutes if that to see a game and support our marlins . I live in Port St. Lucie and went to 26 games last season not including the playoffs . i have sat in most every section in that park last year and have yet to meet more than 5 people from Miami , So dont sit here and tell me or anyone from palm beach that there is no fan support up here , Miami fans make me sick .

City of Miami doesnt deserve even a minor league team , the fans there are fair weather and god forbid they would have to drive 20 minutes if that to see a game and support our marlins . I live in Port St. Lucie and went to 26 games last season not including the playoffs . i have sat in most every section in that park last year and have yet to meet more than 5 people from Miami , So dont sit here and tell me or anyone from palm beach that there is no fan support up here , Miami fans make me sick .

I guess you never sat in my section.

 

Funny you distinguish Miami fans as being fair-weather when PPS is in a location that is easily accessible to all of South Florida, yet attendance has been low the past several years. If you're going to accuse fans of being fair-weathered, then blame all of South Florida, not just one city or county.

 

Prime non-Marlins example - Florida Panthers. Their move to Sunrise was primarily to be close to their "fan base" (Broward and Palm Beach). You go to games this season and you pretty much have your choice of seats because

there are so few fans.

until PBC or Broward step up to the plate will their residents please shut up.

amen!

 

You don't talk to fans at games buddy. You must talk to the same guys every game.

 

But I'm happy to see you go to 26 per living in Port St Lucie. That's a hell of a job.

 

Would you stop going if the team moved to a nice new stadium 15 minutes further from your home?

I'm going to chime in here:

 

I'm a season ticket-holder from Palm Beach County. It takes me a little over an hour to get to the game, and I'd say that I'm at about a little over half of the Marlins games. Now, I love the Marlins to death, I've been going to games since '93, and if I the stadium's within driving distance, then I'm going. Orange Bowl, Ft. Lauderdale stadium, King's property, wherever.

 

What I think a lot of people (like Marlins4ever) are really trying to say is that we fans up north who do compose around 35% of the season ticket base, feel upset, and almost cheated by the fact that the Marlins feel obligated to the city of Miami. Over the ten years of the Marlins existence, the city has shown no desire to support the team except for the first 2 weekends in April and if it means something, September. Miami really hasn't done anything for the Marlins, and seems content to let them leave, so why do the Marlins feel obligated to them? The Marlins, even under this new proposal, wouldn't be in Miami itself. Really, Miami is only utilized if the stadium were built in the city itself. Being placed on the outskirts does nothing for the Marlins, and alienates the fans from up north, who, and not to brag, don't exactly fill the "cheap seats." My seats are in 149, and most everyone else I know who has season tickets from up here is either in the infield box or the founders club, that's a pretty wealthy contingent the Marlins may be turning their back on...

 

I'll be going regardless, hell I flew down from college just to go to the playoff games...

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.