For all of you Greg Maddux Fans....

Craig

According to WSCR radio here in Chicago, the Cubs have already tried to contact Greg Maddux's agent about his availability in reaction to the apparent signing of Roger Clemens with Houston. Although "The Score" isn't exactly a reliable source, they have said things that ended up happening on more than several occasions in the past, so I figured i'd let all of you know this.

the score is such a dubious source. they're the ones who unwittingly gave feet to the "pudge signing with cubs imminent" rumor off of a few message boards.

that being said, i have no reason to doubt that the cubs have contacted maddux's agent... that's pretty believable.

the score is such a dubious source. they're the ones who unwittingly gave feet to the "pudge signing with cubs imminent" rumor off of a few message boards.

that being said, i have no reason to doubt that the cubs have contacted maddux's agent... that's pretty believable.

I couldn't have said it better myself.

Why not? Maddux started his career there, why not end it there? Heck, I will be in Chicago next year and that could draw me out to the park (besides when the Marlins come to town).

Ugh...avoid Cub games dude. Worst fans in baseball at the worst ballpark in baseball. Yes, I said the worst ballpark in baseball. The sorrounding neighborhood is nice, but the bathrooms and concessions suck, the seats suck, and the whole area under the stands suck. I would suggest avoiding Wrigley unless the Marlins are in town.

Why not? Maddux started his career there, why not end it there? Heck, I will be in Chicago next year and that could draw me out to the park (besides when the Marlins come to town).

Ugh...avoid Cub games dude. Worst fans in baseball at the worst ballpark in baseball. Yes, I said the worst ballpark in baseball. The sorrounding neighborhood is nice, but the bathrooms and concessions suck, the seats suck, and the whole area under the stands suck. I would suggest avoiding Wrigley unless the Marlins are in town. no way

wrigley is one of the best

the sox have the worst fans in baseball (gamboa) at one of the worst parks in baseball

Why not?? Maddux started his career there, why not end it there?? Heck, I will be in Chicago next year and that could draw me out to the park (besides when the Marlins come to town).

Ugh...avoid Cub games dude. Worst fans in baseball at the worst ballpark in baseball. Yes, I said the worst ballpark in baseball. The sorrounding neighborhood is nice, but the bathrooms and concessions suck, the seats suck, and the whole area under the stands suck. I would suggest avoiding Wrigley unless the Marlins are in town. no way

the sox have the worst fans in baseball (gamboa) at one of the worst parks in baseball Thank you! Whether or not you are a Cubs fan, any sensible person would prefer Wrigley to the Cell. Keep on basking in the memory of Old Comiskey, Maggs, cause in the here and now there ain't a lot of good to be said.

Why not?? Maddux started his career there, why not end it there?? Heck, I will be in Chicago next year and that could draw me out to the park (besides when the Marlins come to town).

the sox have the worst fans in baseball (gamboa) at one of the worst parks in baseball You ever been to Wrigley or Comiskey? Because you are not very smart if you gained that opinion by going there.

Wrigley Field is a DUMP, a major DUMP with HORRIBLE fans who don't watch the game for the most part, but the neighborhood and the ivy disguise these 2 facts.

Comiskey isn't as good as some of the other parks, but there isn't anything wrong with it. Yes, the upper deck is pretty steep, but that's why they are retooling it, and there are stadiums (ie the new orleans superdome) with steeper upper decks than comiskey.

Those are the facts.

the sox have the worst fans in baseball (gamboa) at one of the worst parks in baseball Thank you! Whether or not you are a Cubs fan, any sensible person would prefer Wrigley to the Cell. Keep on basking in the memory of Old Comiskey, Maggs, cause in the here and now there ain't a lot of good to be said. People prefer Wrigley because it's old and in a neighborhood and has the ivy.

Overall, Comiskey is a nicer ballpark, but it doesn't have the history of Wrigley obviously.

The media loves the cubs and hates the sox. That is how it always has been and always will be, and that is why everybody loves wrigley and the cubs so much...because they are the loveable losers in the old ballpark.

I have been to both, you know that. As for Wrigley being a "dump" and having "horrible" fans, that is entirely your opinion and it's colored by the fact that the Cubs are more loved in Chicago. You have nothing to support your rhetoric about Wrigley and the people who frequently attend games there.

I have been to both, you know that. As for Wrigley being a "dump" and having "horrible" fans, that is entirely your opinion and it's colored by the fact that the Cubs are more loved in Chicago. You have nothing to support your rhetoric about Wrigley and the people who frequently attend games there.

The only thing I can add to this well-framed debate it that the White Sox definitely have the better looking women fans. I rather liked Wrigley on an sunny afternoon but night games were just too rauchous and drunken to have a good time. It's amazing the difference at Wrigley from day to night.

The only thing I can add to this well-framed debate it that the White Sox definitely have the better looking women fans.

Absoloutely :thumbup

But shhhh!! Don't tell Cubs fans that, the women and the booze are the only reasons why most of them even go to the game.

ive been to both, and ill tell you that wrigley field is the best park in baseball, while comiskey sucks

comiskey is not intimate, has a mega steep upper deck, is in a terrible neighborhood, has an ugly backdrop (projects) and is really not a place you remember for too long. ive been to wrigley 3 times and, in my mind, its #1. the fans (esp in the bleachers) will yell at any opposing player and support the cubbies no matter what. theyre awesome, the ambiance is great, the park is one of the best things about baseball. my 3 games there (2 in the bleachers) are games im gonna remember, not the one i went to at us cellular field

ive been to both, and ill tell you that wrigley field is the best park in baseball, while comiskey sucks

comiskey is not intimate, has a mega steep upper deck, is in a terrible neighborhood, has an ugly backdrop (projects) and is really not a place you remember for too long. ive been to wrigley 3 times and, in my mind, its #1. the fans (esp in the bleachers) will yell at any opposing player and support the cubbies no matter what. theyre awesome, the ambiance is great, the park is one of the best things about baseball. my 3 games there (2 in the bleachers) are games im gonna remember, not the one i went to at us cellular field

The fans don't support the cubbies, they come to the park to drink and check out women. They sell that place out when the cubs win 60 games, and not because the fans support the cubs, but because wrigley field is a bar with a little paid attention to game on the field. Comiskey isn't in a terrible neighborhood, that's a myth, bridgeport is actually a mostly white neighborhood, and those old projects you saw are uninhabited and will be blown the **ck up in the next couple of years. The mega steep upper deck sucks, but is being worked on as we speak. And of course you'll remember Wrigley, it has the ivy and neighborhood, but it doesn't have good fans or facilities.