Polaroid warns buyers not to "shake it"

Admin

CNN.com

LONDON, England (Reuters) -- OutKast fans like to "shake it like a Polaroid picture," but the instant camera maker is warning consumers that taking the advice of the hip-hop stars could ruin your snapshots.

OutKast's number one hit "Hey Ya" includes the "shake it" line as a reference to the motion that amateur photographers use to help along the self-developing film.

But in the "answers" section on the Polaroid Web site, the company says that shaking photos, which once helped them to dry, is not necessary since the modern version of Polaroid film dries behind a clear plastic window.

The image "never touches air, so shaking or waving has no effect," the company said on its site. "In fact, shaking or waving can actually damage the image. Rapid movement during development can cause portions of the film to separate prematurely, or can cause 'blobs' in the picture."

A Polaroid spokesman added: "Almost everybody does it, thinking that shaking accelerates the development process, but if you shake it too vigorously you could distort the image. A casual shake typically doesn't affect it."

Polaroid said its film should be laid on a flat surface and shielded from the wind, and that users should avoid bending or twisting their pictures. Of course, "lay it on a flat surface like a Polaroid picture," doesn't sound nearly as cool.

RB stinks. It isn't about anything.

Here's the enxt hit R+B song:

You have to dance and shake that thang,

shake it all about and make them sing,

dance dance dance shake that bootay

there I said it, R+B is crap.

Actually you would be surprised to learn that their CD is mellower and deeper than you think. It actually sounds like old temptations music. :blink:

I'd classify them in a special class....rap/funk....and they've been "funky" for awhile now. Most people don't know anything before Stankonia (except maybe Rosa Parks on Aquemini). They're best cd: ATLiens.

you gots to reach a lil further brutha.

Reach back to the Southernplayalisticadillasmuzik

THATS the best album

"in the dungeon shootin pool"

I'd classify them in a special class....rap/funk....and they've been "funky" for awhile now. Most people don't know anything before Stankonia (except maybe Rosa Parks on Aquemini). They're best cd: ATLiens.

you gots to reach a lil further brutha.

Reach back to the Southernplayalisticadillasmuzik

THATS the best album

"in the dungeon shootin pool" Southernplayalistic is good, but I really wasn't as big of a fan as other REAL Outkast fans. Funky Ride was one hell of a song though.

Guest marlins02

i love R&B. Luther, R.kelly, marvin (THE man), temptations, keith sweat and others.

there I said it.

outkast is THE best hip hop or whatever you want to call them group around. its cool to see a group go from winning best new artist in the '95 source awards to grammy for best album 9 years later and to do it there own way and not selling out like some (his name starts with J and ends with A)