February 23, 200422 yr Does it really matter? They are both going to be awesome for us, so whether one gets a few more wins, or strikeouts.... I just hope we can sign them both to long term contracts. :thumbup
February 23, 200422 yr Does it really matter? They are both going to be awesome for us, so whether one gets a few more wins, or strikeouts.... I just hope we can sign them both to long term contracts. :thumbup Yea...they are both great pitchers...and they are both pretty cheap-so I think we will be able to re-sign them.
February 23, 200422 yr of course we want them to be great pitchers. But this thread was on the discussion point of "which one will be better"? Of course we'd like to see em both succeed, this is just a personal opinion on who we THINK will be better.
February 23, 200422 yr I dont see AJ ever having the control that Josh has. There was a reason Josh was drafted so high.
February 23, 200422 yr ok, look at the rest of my post! And as for whoever said that they will eat their words when Burnett strikes out #300: Who cares how many strikeouts he has? I care about wins and ERA. EXACTLY...who cares about strike out numbers?...that dosent matter... well usually when a pitcher has a 300 strikeout season. i believe they tend 2 win alot of games and have a low era, usually leading to a Cy Young award :mischief2
February 23, 200422 yr lol. Ok. So....hypothetically speaking AJ strikes out 300. He'll probably walk about 300 in that period of time. 300 walks won't help one win the Cy Young.
February 23, 200422 yr all I'm saying is that AJ is gonna be good. Damn good. I just think that Beckett has more control, and will be a better pitcher overall. Hell, both have the talent and possibility to win the Cy Young. We have 2 studs in Beckett and Burnett, and throw in Penny and Pavano, and we're lookin pretty damn solid.
February 23, 200422 yr lol. Ok. So....hypothetically speaking AJ strikes out 300. He'll probably walk about 300 in that period of time. 300 walks won't help one win the Cy Young. come on dude 300 walks. no way. especially if he strikesout 300. that wouldnt make any sense
February 23, 200422 yr all I'm saying is that AJ is gonna be good. Damn good. I just think that Beckett has more control, and will be a better pitcher overall. Hell, both have the talent and possibility to win the Cy Young. We have 2 studs in Beckett and Burnett, and throw in Penny and Pavano, and we're lookin pretty damn solid. dont forget willis. and then by the time allison is ready 2 come up!! :shifty :drool :jump
February 23, 200422 yr Jeff Allison will be the best i remember seeing that he averaged 2.5 strikeouts an inning and had a 0.00 ERA his senior year in high school!! lmao!! :notworthy :notworthy cant get MUCH better than that. :notworthy :notworthy
February 24, 200422 yr Jeff Allison will be the best i remember seeing that he averaged 2.5 strikeouts an inning and had a 0.00 ERA his senior year in high school!! lmao!! :notworthy :notworthy cant get MUCH better than that. :notworthy :notworthy Wow...thats impressive...
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.