IYO: Who will be better? Beckett or Burnett

Prime Time

I think Beckett is better only because he is perfectly healthy unlike Burnett who is coming back from Tommy John Surjery.

When has Josh Beckett ever been PERFECTLY healty?

He might but healthy, but not perfectly. why would he not be prefectly healthy? Has Josh Beckett ever had NOTHING wrong with him?

I'm sure he's hurtin' somewhere.

Guest marlins02

I think he was fine late last season, and postseason.

I mean, if you wanna get technical, when are any Marlins, or any athletes, ever perfectly healthy. I mean, my legs are sore after conditioning, and my toe hurts sometimes.

thats true. its impossible to be completely healthy, especially with such a long schedule and the intensity of the competition

Guest marlins02

ill go with beckett once burnett comes back. burnett has incredibly nasty stuff but his control is kinda off (remember his no hitter?). beckett just has everything, the power, the stuff, the control. but that is nothing against AJ

When both are healthy I think Burnett is better. But niether player are in their prime which makes their potential awesome and that of this team. Imagine if our rotation when all of them are healthy, especially if Dontrell does a repeat of last year.

Anyways does anyone know how Kerry Wood did the year after he came back from surgery? I know he is one of the best now, but how did he do right when he came back?

Anyways does anyone know how Kerry Wood did the year after he came back from surgery? I know he is one of the best now, but how did he do right when he came back?

I've mentioned this before when I talked about The 04 Marlins,

Wood was no where near what he did before Surgery and was nothing special at all, it took about a year and a half before he saw some real progression.

yea, beckett is better RIGHT NOW. thats key because RIGHT NOW allan james isnt seing any action. remember peeps he led the majors in shutouts and/or complete games (not sure which one it is at the moment) in 02' this guy is incredible. but its tuff 2 say which will be better. 2 me they are a replica of kerry wood and mark prior. its almost rediculous the way both pairs resemble one another when you compare them at full strength.