February 22, 200422 yr I think Beckett. Burnett just seems to wild. Beckett has much more accuracy, and if injury-free, is more consistent. Burnett has incredible stuff, but also walks a lot of batters, and I think he can get knocked off his game easier.
February 22, 200422 yr beckett by default. the first year back from tommy john surgery is always rough and is more rehab than anything. AJ won't be good this season.
February 22, 200422 yr Burnett has better stuff, but do to the age difference and how much better Beckett will be at Burnett's current age, I say Josh.
February 22, 200422 yr I think Beckett is better only because he is perfectly healthy unlike Burnett who is coming back from Tommy John Surgery.
February 22, 200422 yr I think Beckett is better only because he is perfectly healthy unlike Burnett who is coming back from Tommy John Surjery. When has Josh Beckett ever been PERFECTLY healty? He might but healthy, but not perfectly.
February 22, 200422 yr I think Beckett is better only because he is perfectly healthy unlike Burnett who is coming back from Tommy John Surjery. When has Josh Beckett ever been PERFECTLY healty? He might but healthy, but not perfectly. why would he not be prefectly healthy?
February 22, 200422 yr I think Beckett is better only because he is perfectly healthy unlike Burnett who is coming back from Tommy John Surjery. When has Josh Beckett ever been PERFECTLY healty? He might but healthy, but not perfectly. why would he not be prefectly healthy? Has Josh Beckett ever had NOTHING wrong with him? I'm sure he's hurtin' somewhere.
February 22, 200422 yr I think he was fine late last season, and postseason. I mean, if you wanna get technical, when are any Marlins, or any athletes, ever perfectly healthy. I mean, my legs are sore after conditioning, and my toe hurts sometimes.
February 22, 200422 yr I think we know what Mr. Bandwagon was getting at. Beckett is a hell of a lot more healthier than Burnett is right now, and Beckett looked damn healthy during the WS.
February 22, 200422 yr I think we know what Mr. Bandwagon was getting at. Beckett is a hell of a lot more healthier than Burnett is right now, and Beckett looked damn healthy during the WS. thanx. Thats what I meant.
February 22, 200422 yr I think he was fine late last season, and postseason. I mean, if you wanna get technical, when are any Marlins, or any athletes, ever perfectly healthy. I mean, my legs are sore after conditioning, and my toe hurts sometimes. thats true. its impossible to be completely healthy, especially with such a long schedule and the intensity of the competition
February 22, 200422 yr Personally, Burnett can be the league leader in K's and innings pitched if he stays healthy in 2005. Beckett can also be up in the top 5 in those categories, but he hasn't been able to stay healthy.
February 22, 200422 yr Beckett this season..yes. But once Burnett is totally recovered, I'm gonna have to go with him just because I've always loved the way he pitches and his strikeouts, but he's definitely gonna have to improve with walking batters.
February 22, 200422 yr ill go with beckett once burnett comes back. burnett has incredibly nasty stuff but his control is kinda off (remember his no hitter?). beckett just has everything, the power, the stuff, the control. but that is nothing against AJ
February 22, 200422 yr Neither will be better. Both will just pitch perfect games for the rest of their careers.
February 22, 200422 yr Positively Beckett. Burnett is awesome and has more experience, but Beckett has so much controll of his pitching. Beckett is the 'curveball man'. He's good at tricking the opposing team when it comes to his change-ups.
February 22, 200422 yr Burnett, when he's back 100%. Too many pitches, and I'm sure he'll have perfected at least most of them by the time 2005 rolls around.
February 22, 200422 yr When both are healthy I think Burnett is better. But niether player are in their prime which makes their potential awesome and that of this team. Imagine if our rotation when all of them are healthy, especially if Dontrell does a repeat of last year. Anyways does anyone know how Kerry Wood did the year after he came back from surgery? I know he is one of the best now, but how did he do right when he came back?
February 22, 200422 yr Burnett's just coming back from elbow surgery--big minus for him. I think Beckett this year, but in the future it's hard to tell who'll be better, although I'd go with Beckett.
February 22, 200422 yr Beckett. He has a better Curve and Change up than Burnett, but Burnett has this nice easy movement on his fastball and just explodes at high speed. Burnett, once he is fully recovered will have competition. But Beckett is just a tad better right now.
February 22, 200422 yr Anyways does anyone know how Kerry Wood did the year after he came back from surgery? I know he is one of the best now, but how did he do right when he came back? I've mentioned this before when I talked about The 04 Marlins, Wood was no where near what he did before Surgery and was nothing special at all, it took about a year and a half before he saw some real progression.
February 22, 200422 yr yea, beckett is better RIGHT NOW. thats key because RIGHT NOW allan james isnt seing any action. remember peeps he led the majors in shutouts and/or complete games (not sure which one it is at the moment) in 02' this guy is incredible. but its tuff 2 say which will be better. 2 me they are a replica of kerry wood and mark prior. its almost rediculous the way both pairs resemble one another when you compare them at full strength.
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.