Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MarlinsBaseball.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

dish network threatining....

Featured Replies

...to take away cbs, comedy central, nickelodean, bet, and other viacom networks

 

i found this out yeaterday while watching CSI: Miami on my mini TV. they ran this thing on the bottom of the screen saying that echostar wants to get rid of those networks. earlier on in the day, i was watching comedy central and they were trying to run the very same thing, but before i could read it, dish network quickly blocked it :shifty

 

what do you guys think of this obvious reaction to nipplegate and dish network hiding the apparent truth?

 

p.s. DISH NETWORKS number is 1800-333-DISH. call now to b***h and moan! :D

DirecTV Accuses O.J. Simpson of Piracy

 

MIAMI (AP) - DirecTV is accusing O.J. Simpson of pirating its satellite television signal. In a lawsuit filed Wednesday in federal court in Miami, the company demanded the former football star pay DirecTV $20,000.

 

Federal agents removed satellite TV equipment from Simpson's house in the Miami neighborhood of Kendall during a search in 2001. DirecTV alleges the devices were ``bootloaders,'' for unscrambling the company's signals.

 

The raid occurred as authorities were investigating Simpson and others in an alleged Ecstasy and satellite-theft ring. Simpson was never charged.

 

Simpson attorney Yale Galanter denied the lawsuit's allegations. ``O.J. Simpson has never owned any pirating equipment, pirating cards, illegal cards,'' he said. ``He's been a loyal, paying customer of DirecTV for years.''

 

 

 

03/08/04 19:31

p.s. DISH NETWORKS number is 1800-333-DISH. call now to b***h and moan! :D

Did you just say "b***h and Moan"? :huh I am President of that organization. :mischief

 

*dialing as she speaks*

  • Author

more info on this garbage...

 

apparently viacoms contract with dish network expired. this should have been easy to resolve, but viacom got greedy. they said there would be no contract unless lesser networks were also carried.

 

also, viacom threatened from witholding the super bowl as a point of leverage (a court order stopped that, but that order is now over)

 

man, this s*** better stop before the tournament...

 

i urge everybody to contact those involved at viacom, WFOR, CBS, dish network, and all the other viacom stations and tell them to stop the foolishness and give back viacom stations to dish network customers

  • Author

Just switch to DirecTV. It shouldn't be harder than that.

i would, but this same thing will happen to DIRECTV once they have to re-up with viacom

 

p.s. didnt wayne used to own viacom? if he did, im not surprised

  • Author

call DishTV & b***h them out.

 

NO ONE MESSES WITH COMEDY CENTRAL IN MY TOWN!

im with you

 

i could care less about losing CBS (just hook up an antenna to get it) or nickelodeon or mtv, but comedy central? :banghead

 

that makes me angry. you wouldnt want to see me when im angry

(turns green)

this has nothing to do with nipplegate.

 

dish network didn't "choose" to drop viacom; they couldn't come to a contract agreement (see: price).

 

not carrying WCBS in NY as well as a bunch of other local CBS affiliates nationwide is like a kamikaze move... they're playing hardball negotiations right now. if dish wants to keep its customers, it's obviously going to look for a compromise soon.

  • Author

sorry about the first post

 

i now know this has nothing with nipplegate (got bad information from friends) and now i know that this viacom's fault

 

i can understand how they are pushing for increases on their premium networks (mtv, nick, comedy central, etc) but they shouldnt be including cbs affiliates. the funny thing is theyre only including the major CBS networks in this (miami, la, nyc, etc)

 

probably the worst thing that is happening is that viacom is trying to put the public on their side by running messages on cbs saying that this is all dish network's fault and that theyre the ones threatening to pull viacom networks off the air, which is totally false

I am a Dish customer and I am glad Charlie stood up to CBS. They wanted to raise our rates 40% over the next 4 years with this new deal!

 

If you want to watch WFOR, WCBS, WBZ, WJZ, KCBS, or any other CBS owned station, bring out the rabbit ears. My local CBS is WINK-TV not owned by CBS, but I use rabbit ears to watch it. The bunny ears are coming back lol. I wish I could get cable, but Time Warner won't get their butt up here so I got tired and now have Dish Network and Sprint DSL.

I am a Dish customer and I am glad Charlie stood up to CBS. They wanted to raise our rates 40% over the next 4 years with this new deal!

 

If you want to watch WFOR, WCBS, WBZ, WJZ, KCBS, or any other CBS owned station, bring out the rabbit ears. My local CBS is WINK-TV not owned by CBS, but I use rabbit ears to watch it. The bunny ears are coming back lol. I wish I could get cable, but Time Warner won't get their butt up here so I got tired and now have Dish Network and Sprint DSL.

Switch to direct T.V !

  • Author

I am a Dish customer and I am glad Charlie stood up to CBS. They wanted to raise our rates 40% over the next 4 years with this new deal!

 

If you want to watch WFOR, WCBS, WBZ, WJZ, KCBS, or any other CBS owned station, bring out the rabbit ears. My local CBS is WINK-TV not owned by CBS, but I use rabbit ears to watch it. The bunny ears are coming back lol. I wish I could get cable, but Time Warner won't get their butt up here so I got tired and now have Dish Network and Sprint DSL.

Switch to direct T.V ! that wont help!

 

next time viacom re-ups with directv, this will all happen again

dont blame this on dish...this is on viacom

  • Author

I am a Dish customer and I am glad Charlie stood up to CBS. They wanted to raise our rates 40% over the next 4 years with this new deal!

 

If you want to watch WFOR, WCBS, WBZ, WJZ, KCBS, or any other CBS owned station, bring out the rabbit ears. My local CBS is WINK-TV not owned by CBS, but I use rabbit ears to watch it. The bunny ears are coming back lol. I wish I could get cable, but Time Warner won't get their butt up here so I got tired and now have Dish Network and Sprint DSL.

yeah, the rabbit ears are making a comeback in my house :thumbdown

i am with mister capefish on this one: support charlie!

 

capefish: i think that the miami market is the only florida market affected by this garbage

This really stinks. I'm up here at Gettysburg College, and over Christmas break, we had to switch from local cable to that Dish thing because of contract disputes with the local cable people. So in that switch, we lost Spike TV (which brought a lot of nasty emails by the students), and now with this possibly coming down with the Dish networks, the student population here might explode. I never have the time to watch TV, so I wouldn't miss it too much, but the loss of Comedy Central (and CBS for March Madness) would drive the student population over the edge here.

The dispute is finally over and stations have returned.

 

link

Viacom, EchoStar End Dispute

 

Updated 3:08 AM ET March 11, 2004

 

 

NEW YORK (Reuters) - Viacom Inc. and EchoStar Communications Corp. said on Thursday they ended a contractual dispute, restoring CBS broadcasts to 1.6 million EchoStar viewers.

 

Viacom said that more than 9 million EchoStar viewers nationwide will be able to watch Viacom-owned cable networks including MTV, Nickelodeon and Comedy Central again.

 

The agreement follows EchoStar's removal of CBS in 16 local markets and 10 Viacom national channels from its service on Tuesday as the companies had failed to reach an agreement on contract terms by a particular deadline.

 

The new long-term agreement means that EchoStar will also air a new Viacom channel Nicktoons this spring.

 

The satellite television provider had previously balked at what it described as Viacom's demands it carry channels such as Nicktoons in exchange for rights to broadcast CBS.

 

The companies also extended the term for EchoStar to carry channels such as Spike TV, CMT and TV Land.

 

The pair, which have disputed for months, have also settled all litigation between them, according to a release issued by Viacom. They did not disclose the terms of the new pact.

 

EchoStar sued Viacom in January, charging it with illegally forcing it to carry newer cable networks it did not want in exchange for the right to retransmit CBS television stations in 16 local markets.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.