Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MarlinsBaseball.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

gainesvillemarlin

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by gainesvillemarlin

  1. The team with the best record in baseball is averaging under 20k a game in the 3rd(?) largest market. http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/teams/schedule?team=chw
  2. Oh nice, I just checked my guide and it's going to be on here in Salt Lake. I'll try to get off of work early.
  3. I know that Encarnacion leads the Marlins in RBI's this year so far, but wouldn't you guy's think that having a more consistent hitter in LoDuca be better in the 5th spot? I would seem to think so at this point in time. 767379[/snapback] 20 for 53 or .377 with runners on 14 for 28 .500 with RISP 8 for 16 or .500 wtih RISP/2out they found their clean up hitter at least while he's hot 767380[/snapback] I admit those are great numbers, but he has also struck out 30% of his at bats compared to LoDuca's 10% of his at bats this season. LoDuca's batting average is also 50 points higher than Encarnacion's, and if he was batting behind Cabrera, I would think that he would be able to come close to duplicating those numbers and overall be more consistent. 767388[/snapback] I highly doubt Lo Dua's batting average would be .500 with RISP or .377 with runners on. The "clutch" numbers Ency is putting up are insane. I would imagine he's the best in baseball this year in those situations. Until Ency comes back to earth, I say we keep him batting 5th. The other thing is we need someone with some power batting 5th, and Ency's got 4 homeruns and a s*** load of doubles. Lo Duca has 1 hr and a few doubles (I am not sure how many doubles he has) 767389[/snapback] It might only be me, but I get this feeling that he is already started to cool off. He has only had 1 RBI in the past 6 games, compared to Paul's 6. Encarnacion doesn't have the history of keeping up those kind of numbers and he has struck out in key moments in the past few games.
  4. I know that Encarnacion leads the Marlins in RBI's this year so far, but wouldn't you guy's think that having a more consistent hitter in LoDuca be better in the 5th spot? I would seem to think so at this point in time. 767379[/snapback] 20 for 53 or .377 with runners on 14 for 28 .500 with RISP 8 for 16 or .500 wtih RISP/2out they found their clean up hitter at least while he's hot 767380[/snapback] I admit those are great numbers, but he has also struck out 30% of his at bats compared to LoDuca's 10% of his at bats this season. LoDuca's batting average is also 50 points higher than Encarnacion's, and if he was batting behind Cabrera, I would think that he would be able to come close to duplicating those numbers and overall be more consistent.
  5. I know that Encarnacion leads the Marlins in RBI's this year so far, but wouldn't you guy's think that having a more consistent hitter in LoDuca be better in the 5th spot? I would seem to think so at this point in time.
  6. I would like to see him be made the 5th man in the rotation untill Ismail is ready to go, and then move him to the pen if he doesn't improve by then.
  7. Miami Marlins just doesn't sound right.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.