Everything posted by gainesvillemarlin
-
Astros of Houston vs. Marlins of Florida @ 7:05
50 through 5 for Moehler.
-
Astros of Houston vs. Marlins of Florida @ 7:05
Moehler: 41 pitches through 4. His ERA is now 1.88.
-
Astros of Houston vs. Marlins of Florida @ 7:05
Moehler's ERA has now dipped under 2 on the season to 1.95. (don't worry, I just knocked on wood)
-
Astros of Houston vs. Marlins of Florida @ 7:05
Backe: 56 pitches through 3.
-
Astros of Houston vs. Marlins of Florida @ 7:05
AGon walks?!?! End of the world is near.... Good start to this game 769062[/snapback] It's his 5th in 98 plate appearances. 769066[/snapback] You act like that is good. 1 walk in every 20 ABs isn't good. 769072[/snapback] Of course I was making fun of him. 769083[/snapback] No making fun of the Bass! 769084[/snapback] ok, ok. I was expressing my dissapointment in him.
-
Astros of Houston vs. Marlins of Florida @ 7:05
Moehler 32 pitches through 3.
-
Astros of Houston vs. Marlins of Florida @ 7:05
AGon walks?!?! End of the world is near.... Good start to this game 769062[/snapback] It's his 5th in 98 plate appearances. 769066[/snapback] You act like that is good. 1 walk in every 20 ABs isn't good. 769072[/snapback] Of course I was making fun of him.
-
Astros of Houston vs. Marlins of Florida @ 7:05
Backe's pitch count at 46 through 2.
-
Astros of Houston vs. Marlins of Florida @ 7:05
AGon walks?!?! End of the world is near.... Good start to this game 769062[/snapback] It's his 5th in 98 plate appearances.
-
Astros of Houston vs. Marlins of Florida @ 7:05
How far was it for us without TV? 769045[/snapback] About 6 or 7 rows up in the orange seats in left 769049[/snapback] thanks
-
Astros of Houston vs. Marlins of Florida @ 7:05
How far was it for us without TV?
-
Astros of Houston vs. Marlins of Florida @ 7:05
That went from nobody out, and a ball away from bases loaded, to end of the inning in 30 seconds.
-
Tough loss tonight
So I hope everyone knows by now the Braves lost tonight to the Rockies. Just Checking
-
Astros vs. The Miracle Marlins @ 7:05
surprise surprise
-
Astros vs. The Miracle Marlins @ 7:05
that a boy cabrera
-
Astros vs. The Miracle Marlins @ 7:05
Nice 3 pitches
-
Astros vs. The Miracle Marlins @ 7:05
Finally, a first pitch out.
-
Question for Gearheads
I think you will be allright. If any damage was done, it is very minimal. It would actually be worse if you were going a slower speed, like 5mph if you did this.
-
Astros vs. The Miracle Marlins @ 7:05
Clemons and AJ have nearly identical numbers this year, if you double Clemens ERA. Clemons on the left, and AJ on the right. 2005 stats 42.0 Innings Pitched 43.0 1-1 Wins-Losses 3-2 1.29 Earned Run Average 2.72 13 Walks 13 44 Strikeouts 43
-
Fish of the Week (May 2 - May 8)
I choose other. A tie between Cabrera and DTrain.
-
No more "Florida" unis...EVER
Miami Marlins just doesn't sound right. 767371[/snapback] Sounds Good to me. 767391[/snapback] Sounds good to me too :thumbup 767420[/snapback] Actually sounds way better than florida marlins. Before this franchise the name florida marlins was never heard of, miami marlins would have been the better name considering the old minor league teams of the same name 767430[/snapback] Ok, I take it back :whistle
-
Dead Fish of the Week (May 2 - May 8)
Leiter for me. He got blown up by a horrible Rockies team that our other pitchers only allowed 1 run to in 23 innings at home. Leiter- 8 ER in 4 innings The rest- 1 ER in 23 innings. HM- Gonzalez
-
Swap Encarnacion for LoDuca?
What website do you get RISP BA like Mateo got for Encarnacion? You guy's make very good points about "if it aint broke, don't fix it", but sooner or later we know that Encarnacion probably won't keep up those numbers, and it's starting to show these past few games. Why wait to change when it might hurt us down the road?
-
Swap Encarnacion for LoDuca?
I know that Encarnacion leads the Marlins in RBI's this year so far, but wouldn't you guy's think that having a more consistent hitter in LoDuca be better in the 5th spot? I would seem to think so at this point in time. 767379[/snapback] 20 for 53 or .377 with runners on 14 for 28 .500 with RISP 8 for 16 or .500 wtih RISP/2out they found their clean up hitter at least while he's hot 767380[/snapback] I admit those are great numbers, but he has also struck out 30% of his at bats compared to LoDuca's 10% of his at bats this season. LoDuca's batting average is also 50 points higher than Encarnacion's, and if he was batting behind Cabrera, I would think that he would be able to come close to duplicating those numbers and overall be more consistent. 767388[/snapback] I highly doubt Lo Dua's batting average would be .500 with RISP or .377 with runners on. The "clutch" numbers Ency is putting up are insane. I would imagine he's the best in baseball this year in those situations. Until Ency comes back to earth, I say we keep him batting 5th. The other thing is we need someone with some power batting 5th, and Ency's got 4 homeruns and a s*** load of doubles. Lo Duca has 1 hr and a few doubles (I am not sure how many doubles he has) 767389[/snapback] It might only be me, but I get this feeling that he is already started to cool off. He has only had 1 RBI in the past 6 games, compared to Paul's 6. Encarnacion doesn't have the history of keeping up those kind of numbers and he has struck out in key moments in the past few games. 767393[/snapback] He's been coming up with men in scoring position less often. I've seen him hit with no men on quite a few times. But, you're right, if he doesn't start to pick up his RBI then we may have to make a change. However, only having 1 RBI over any given 6 game stretch isn't odd. Miggy, I am sure, has one 6 game span in which he had only 1 RBI. We'll see how things go. Mikey better freakin get hot if Ency cools down. 767400[/snapback] Very true, but all I'm trying to say is that consistency would be great, and LoDuca has shown that since he has been here batting over .300. It would seem right having our 4 batters who are batting over .300 in a row, and Pierre is at .299, so we all know he'll be back at .300 after tomorrow's game. Pierre-.299 Castillo-.309 Delgado-.304 Cabrera-.374 LoDuca-.337 Encarnacion-.277 Mike Lowell-.200 Alex Gonzalez-.225 :hat :
-
Statement by Marlins owner Jeffrey H. Loria
The team with the best record in baseball is averaging under 20k a game in the 3rd(?) largest market. http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/teams/schedule?team=chw 767396[/snapback] ok, edit. They are averaging 20,044 a game at home which is 27/30. We are averaging 24,507 which is 20/30. On the bright side we are in 5th place in attendance in our road games with a 33,451 average. :lol : http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/attendance