Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MarlinsBaseball.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

minus

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by minus

  1. it is time for uncle bud to end the madness and do what is best for baseball and MAKE Loria sell the team It's time for people to stop reading anything with a Dayn Perry by-line. He has no sense of civility and the word "truth" has no place in his vocabulary. Let me clearer and more to the point, Dayn Perry makes a living being a liar. Isn't anyone going to ask me what I really think of him? :brigginbounce Dude, Are you Samson himself? I wouldn't be surprise.... Gee, do I really care what you think? You obviously don't even have the faintest idea what I've consistently said about David Samson do you? Or almost anything else that has to do with baseball but I'm not saying anything everyone doesn't already know already. Thank you Mr.Know it all... I don't claim to be a baseball guru unlike you. One thing I do know is your obsession with Jefrey Loria...
  2. it is time for uncle bud to end the madness and do what is best for baseball and MAKE Loria sell the team It's time for people to stop reading anything with a Dayn Perry by-line. He has no sense of civility and the word "truth" has no place in his vocabulary. Let me clearer and more to the point, Dayn Perry makes a living being a liar. Isn't anyone going to ask me what I really think of him? :brigginbounce Dude, Are you Samson himself? I wouldn't be surprise.... BTW change the avatar because your beloved Loria gave away Cabs...
  3. Trade Uggla ??? Hell nah...
  4. Yo Ramp, How would you rate this trade ...? Eh... I love prospects, so I love this trade Obviously moving Cabs is tough, but if we have to do it, I love this trade I agree. Cabs trade was inevitable so this trade fill multiple voids nicely. Hopefully in the near future the Loria will go and the cycle of trading players will end. I really think the team is getting pieces in place for a good playoff run in '09 and maybe be a sleeper for this upcoming season.
  5. Yo Ramp, How would you rate this trade ...?
  6. Reggie Abercrombie 2.0 Love your optimism....
  7. Awesome for those of us who love the heat. Perfect weather IMO is 90 degrees and humid with little to no clouds. I agree....
  8. and America is a peaceful nation that has, for it's entire history has allowed immigrants in without so much as a second look until now. Legally. Was it easier for immigrants from 1850-1930 to come here legally? Did they have more drive to do so? What is the reasoning behind so many immigrants coming in then? This happens in our country every time there is a percieved "overflow" of immigration. It happened with eastern europeans in the 1920's, and it will continue to happen everytime the majority in our country feels threatened by a new, potentially economically and politically powerful ethnic group comes in. And then, that group will become a part of the country and in 50 years will be calling for immigration reforms on whichever new group is trying to come in. :thumbup :thumbup
  9. Good to see Venezuelen people wake up. Chavez is certainly trying to put an iron grip on the Nation. Those six year term are killer though. He will be pushing for his antu-democracy referendum until his term ends in 2012....
  10. I agree illegal immigration should be controlled. The question is how you can do that. The best way to do that, IMO, is to increase the number of immigrant and non-immigrant visas available every year. The number of temporary guest workers is very low... the economy needs more. If you do those things, illegal immigration will undoubtedly go down. I would say 99 percent of all illegal immigrants come here because they want to work and there are jobs for them. That's the bottom line. Any policy that doesn't recognize that basic fact is doomed to fail. No way. People never follow those visas. They just stay here. Get rid of all welfare, man the borders, increase legal immigration, and start defending the US border with force. That way you know that whomever is crossing illegally is a foreign enemy, criminal, or drug runner. That's how you fix the immigration-defense problem. Terrorist are more likely to enter through US-Canadian border than US-Mexico border. I don't see the Canadian border getting any attention......
  11. Go Jagz....!!!
  12. Win today, Fins. :thumbup
  13. I can't believe people really believe he is losing so much money on the Marlins. He is making money with the share revenue system. He might be taking in loses due to the fact the team doesn't draw much but overall he is making a profit. You can bank on that. How dumb is it for some one to donate millions to some artsy building instead of pumping some cash in his biggest investment. Loria isn't stupid. He knows he already has pocketed mad equity because of the rise in the club valued since he purchased on the cheap...I can't believe people defend that clown.
  14. Ok forgive me for not being hip or whatever word they are using in that culture..but when they refer to crackas are they referring to white people or the system in general? white people in general...
  15. many illegal immigrants actually have valid social security numbers. so, it's actually a much higher number that file their taxes. in addition, you neglect the fact that many illegal aliens actually use fake social security numbers, which means they pay taxes into the system but cannot get any returns. in other words, they can't get the credit you mentioned, so they pay into the system but don't get anything back. Sources? A source you quoted put the number at 1.4 million...far below their number. My source: my family and I. We came over illegally in the 80s fleeing the communist government/war of Nicaragua. Initially, my mother and older brother used a fake social security number to work, which meant they paid into the system but never received credit for such payment or a return. Before you get your panties in a wad, we're all legal now (in fact, American citizens, and proud of it), my brother is an orthodontist, I am an attorney, and I went to a top college and law school. Huckabee's program would have benefitted me (had I been illegal at that time and had I not decided to go to a private university) and definitely would have benefitted my brother (he did go to a state school). My brother and I together pay a ton of money in taxes now - well more than any benefits we might have ever received. :thumbup I'm going to be honest.... I can relate to those kids. My family departed to US from Colombia when I was seven years old. We were at one point in the U.S "with out green card". My parents with a lot hard work able to purchase the home we live in before their obtaining their residency (Now, we're U.S citizens). My dad always paid his taxes even before he was "legal" because he had acquired a social security in the early 80's, which was easily obtainable from IRS back in those days. I'm currently an A&P mechanic, which is short for Airplane mechanic. I'm also in my third year of my major, which is in International Business. How was my family or I a burden to this country? I’m thankful for the opportunities that United States have giving me and I’m sure so will those students who need that legal status to become the future educators, lawyers, doctors, etc.
  16. So what the story? There was beef between the two?
  17. We have 10 to 30 million illegal immigrants in this country. Apparently, somewhere between 3 to 15% filed their taxes. The figure is around 14 Mil.... The majority of the people are humble, hard workers who come to this country to do jobs that no one in here will be willing to do. They're working in conditions you can't imagine. They're being exploited for every miserable penny they earned. You have no idea how important they really are to the economy of this country. Is not really a bad figure considering circumstances and all... I would much rather see assimilated and contributing the kids of immigrants. They will be contributing as they acquire a legal status here and we're talking about kids who have demonstrated that they're worthy of a higher education.
  18. The debt is not to the federal reserve, it is to the bondholders of the debt. True, like China. The Federal Reserve pulls in only 300 million of profit a year...hardly a scary amount. Private banks with advanced market knowledge is scarier. More often than not? Please cite evidence. Then you please cite evidence first for the claim that [most] illegals pay income taxes. In reality, millions are entirely off the tax paying grid, as they are essentially day laborers or "black" (in the off the books sense) labor. An Individual Taxpayer Identification Number (or ITIN) is a United States tax processing number issued by the Internal Revenue Service. It is a nine-digit number that begins with the number 9 and has a 7 or 8 in the fourth digit, example 9xx-7x-xxxx or 9xx-8x-xxxx. The IRS issues ITINs to individuals who are required to have a taxpayer identification number but who do not have, and are not eligible to obtain, a Social Security Number. ITINs are issued regardless of immigration status because both resident and nonresident aliens may have Federal tax return and payment responsibilities under the Internal Revenue Code. Individuals must have a filing requirement and file a valid federal income tax return to receive an ITIN, unless they meet an exception. In 2006 1.4 million people used ITIN when filing taxes. Federal tax law prohibits the IRS from sharing data with other government agencies including the INS, ensuring illegal immigrants that the tax information will be confidential and not be used to deport them.[1
  19. What wrong with that? How is it a bad thing if the kid excels in school? Why would it be a bad thing to reward an intellectual student so he can continue his education in a higher institution so that he can contribute to society...? I can't stand how people are so irrational. This country was built on immigrants. Anglos came to this land for the same reasons why immigrants are coming in now.
  20. minus replied to a post in a topic in Off-Topic
    No condom. No pill. That's the way to do it. The old fashioned way. LOL.... old way is really stupid unless your the type that wants to have a billion kids... Just pull it out. I got a friend said the samething but now he has four kids from two different females.
  21. Firefox is the best for me.... Safari ... ehhhh IE sometimes you needed because some site are prejudice
  22. minus replied to a post in a topic in Off-Topic
    This sh*t real or what? I'm down to get 500 free condoms...
  23. minus replied to a post in a topic in Off-Topic
    No condom. No pill. That's the way to do it. The old fashioned way. LOL.... old way is really stupid unless your the type that wants to have a billion kids...
  24. minus replied to a post in a topic in Off-Topic
    Any one has a pic???

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.