Everything posted by minus
-
Anyone worried about Mike Jacobs?
I think Jacobs should be given a little more time.There enough time for Stokes to be called up and we're not exactly playoff bound. Im not suggesting sending Jake down.... but he needs to be out of the 5 hole absolutely. I just don't think Stokes will do anything, and he'd be better served with consistent AAA time. I just laugh when somebody suggests bringing up Stokes. You think watching Jacobs is frustrating to watch at the plate, at least Jacobs has some idea about the strike zone. Not to mention Stokes is worthless in the field. To bad he plays better D than Jacobs. No he doesn't. Have you seen Stokes play in the field. Nope, have you? the 2006 edition of baseball america prospect handbook says good things about Stokes defensively. I've seen a little bit in spring training and it seems like he moves in slow motion. I don't own the 2006 handbook, but I do have the two previous years and they talk about his poor lateral movement, and the fact that he's below average defensively. I doubt that could've changed in the last year considering he didn't play last year. "Still armed with the best raw power in the system, Stokes remains a mystery. His nagging problems with a balky left wrist have given way to a condition typically seen in elderly patients that causes his left thumb to come out of joint easily and without warning. He wears a brace on the field but was limited to just 46 at-bats in 2005. Signed for 2.027 million out of high school, Stokes is a good situational hitter who caan handle quality pitches when healthy. He runs well for a big man and has made significant strdes in the field. He worked extensively with Marlins infield coach Perry Hill at big league spring training last year and improved his footwork and reactions. Despite Carlos Delgado trade, Stokes still has obstacles ahead of him in Josh Willingham and off season acquistion Mike Jacobs. He likely will head to Triple-A to begin 2006" Im pretty sure he is a better defensively than Jacobs because: A) You can't get much worse than Jacobs, and if you are then your a DH B) If Stokes where that bad of a defensive 1B I am sure the front office would have traded him and not Adrian Gonzalez for Urbina Again I have never seen Stokes D but I have seen Jacobs and :thumbdown Adrian was a higher rated prospect. I still think that was a horrible mistake trading Adrian over Stokes.
-
I can't believe my thread was deleted....
not to change the subject, minus, but does that jersey say Aguila? Cerveza ( Beer) Aguila is the sponsor of the team.
-
I can't believe my thread was deleted....
Is kinda sad when you can't voice your opinion in a website design for the fans. I thought whole point was to discuss topics created by users but I guess is agaisnt the TOS to say something about all mighty Mr.Loria.....
-
Selena Spice
http://youtube.com/watch?v=UKmBF2OyS10&sea...rincon%20bumper Enjoy!
-
Willis to Yanks
I wouldn't be surprise if they do trade Willis but this deal sucks..
-
Man Arrested for Free Breast Exams
LOL!!!!!!!!1
-
Top 5 Militaries
U.S doesn not have 2,300,000 enlisted personel. What a lie!
-
The Official Alcohol Thread
What is your favorite drink: a) at home : Corona but only socially meaning friends are over and we all want to drink. b) at a bar/club : Cranberry and vodka (Grey Goose) c) at a party : What ever they have !
-
The Anti-Loria Coalltion
I agree... Loria sucks..
-
todays attendance
Holly....they're still going to win games. The whole season will not be as bad as the start, at least win-loss wise. In the end they'll wind up with about 30 less wins than last years team. There's plenty to be optimistic about with these prospects. The stadium issue is bigger. If they announce a relocation, be sad then....until then, be a happy fan and have a good time watching the kids develop. How can you have fun when this team is surrounded with some much uncertainty? Relocation Cabs and Willis future not secure even if stadium deal is in place. Loria sucks!
-
Abercrombie.
They should bring up stokes and Olivio sucks too ..
-
Loria uses opening day to make more threats to leave town
It's opening day of the season. It would rediculous not to talk about the most important issue surrounding the franchise or for Loria to lie to save us from the embarassment on Opening Day. The thing that I find amazing is that last week he met with San Antonio officials on Opening Day. He could have used done the same thing with Hialeah officials considering he keeps saying its a viable option for them. :thumbdown Really, one has nothing to do with the other. They didn't invite San Antonio and Bexar officials simply to wine and dine them. They had never met. They had never discussed the issue face to face. They never had the opportunity to delve further into the issue. Nothing that could have gotten done with Hialeah and Dade at Dolphins Stadium could have easily been held somewhere else. Hialeah and Dade should not take that they were not offered the same invitation as a sign of disrespect. (And I don't think any have.) If anything, that the Marlins have had regular meetings with Dade while they didn't even bother meeting Bexar outside of the team schedule, should be seen as a sign of disrespect to San Antonio and Bexar. Put your persecution complex away. Loria is that you??? Wow....
-
This was an opening day to remember...
I know Fish loss and all but I had box seats for the game. I envy the rich now after experiencing a game seating in a box. The food was catered and I had all the drinks that I wanted. I had good time even though Fish were a disappointment.
-
U.S. Soccer: #5 in The World
Those Fifa rankings are a joke.Mexico and U.S get the benifit of playing in Concacrap.I want to see Mexico join Conmebol so they can struggle to make the world cup...Spain Sixth??? They barely qualified and struggle to beat some little nation in Europe to do so.Nobody take the rankings seriously...
-
Does Miami go after TO?
Hopefully Saban will stay away from T.O.
-
Culpepper a Dolphin
Daunte is entering his prime. He just turned 29 in January. He'll recover fine. And you know this, how? I've actually torn all three major ligaments in my knee (ACL, MCL, PCL) like I think he did and age has nothing to do with your recovery time. I wouldn't just put it in the bag that he will be the exact same as he was before the injury or have no further complications from it. You're just a big time hater when it come to anything related to sports in S.Florida.
-
Culpepper a Dolphin
Completion % is ALMOST a worthless stat. Passer rating is WAY more valuable. You also want to take a look at how often your passer turns the ball over. Culpepper = 91.5 [72.0 w/o Moss] almost 2 int's per game - 5 fumbles in 04 alone Brees = 84.9 [104.8 with a healthy team] less than 1 int per game - 4 fumbles in career I think the Saints are going to find that Brees was a bargain. Sadly, I think the Fins will find Daunte to be a flop. How bias are those your posting? Culpepper best season was when Moss was injured through out the whole year.
-
Culpepper a Dolphin
So to recap two years ago AJ Feeley was traded for a 2nd rounder in last years draft 2nd round miami pick = #3 this year Daunte Culpepper was traded for a 2nd rounder in the draft 2nd rounder miami pick = #20 Daunte Culpepper cheaper then AJ Feeley was. Do you realize how dumb Dave Wannstadt is? Some things to consider: 1. Brees wanted alot more money then Cpepp is getting 2. Culpepper has said he will restructure his contract already 3. Culpepper is cheaper then brees is upon the cap 4. Knee injuries have a better chance of coming back then a shoulder injury 5. We are keeping a system like Scott's was last year which Culpepper used to run. Culpepper is only 28 years old right now I believe. So you have 1 year older then Drew is if that is so. (might be 29 at most). Basically we now have a wonderful offense. QB -3 time probowler TE -2 time probowler WR1 - probowler last year WR2 probowler 3 years ago (booker) I think we sign a Guard, sign a Safety, perhaps a WR/OLB and then wait for the draft most likely except small pieces. All we need right now is a center on offesne and a couple pieces on defense like SS,CB and depth at LB... The only thing that sucks is that Gus will likeley start the year as the starter.
-
Post Your Vote: Brittany Lee VS. Shandi Finnessey
Shandi
-
Culpepper a Dolphin
His career completion % is second in league history.Culpepper will have someone similar to Moss that has the speed and vertical jump for deep ball. I know Chambers must be throwing a party tonight.
-
UM loses top QB recruit Pat Devlin
HAHAHA Coker sucks... I'm glad UM still hasn't figure it out..... GO SEMINOLES~~~~!!!
-
Guy needs help...
I'd bang her. :shifty j/k :lol :lol :lol :lol
-
Miguel Cabrera ACTION FIGURE pictures released today
They look WACK.... Delgado looks like Floyd like someone else mention. Cabrera one doesn't look him either. D.Lee is the best of the three.. Crappy quality if you as me... Are you kidding me? The Cabrera figure looks IDENTICAL to real life. And there's a thousand other pictures just like that one on Google image search which are identical to the figure. Same with Delgado: Those figure are not the same one from your recent images. This figure does not look like Cab in my opinion.
-
Will the Marlins still relocate if no city is willing to pay for the s
IPersonally, I could careless unless Loria sells the team to someone with $$$.Building that clown a stadium doesn't gurantee a competitive team.
-
Miguel Cabrera ACTION FIGURE pictures released today
They look WACK.... Delgado looks like Floyd like someone else mention. Cabrera one doesn't look him either. D.Lee is the best of the three.. Crappy quality if you as me...