Everything posted by minus
-
The official Soccer PWNS all other sports...
Soccer? Yeah, no kidding. I thought the Premiere's started in January? You call yourself a soccer fan? :thumbdown :thumbdown :thumbdown :thumbdown :thumbdown :thumbdown
-
Christian songs
My fave DC talk song is "In the Light". Amazing song. My favorite song from DC talk..
-
The official Soccer PWNS all other sports...
There no other sport like soccer.This is one sport that really takes a skills to play and alot of practice.There nothing like watching a Real Madrid - Barcelona match or a Juventus - Inter / Milan not mention the world cup, which is the greatest sportign event.
- Christian songs
-
Tropical Storm Tammy
The Japanese mafia strikes again...
-
Such positive news..
LF Willingham CF Encarnancion RF Hermida 1b Delgado 2b Castillo 3b Lowell SS Who ever C La Duca I like this lineup for next year. So we keep Encarnacion and Lowell but don't play Cabrera? Brilliant! 3b meant to be Cabs my mistake..I want Lowell out..
-
Such positive news..
LF Willingham CF Encarnancion RF Hermida 1b Delgado 2b Castillo 3b Lowell SS Who ever C La Duca I like this lineup for next year.
-
Such positive news..
In denial? There's no reason to distrust Loria. Montreal? Pshw. All on the former owner who conducted a fire sale, tried to sell the team, refused cash calls to improve the on-field team and turned face when he lost control. Florida? The town and its fans and his landlord have been giving him the funds to balance the budget with. Why is Beinfest given credit for making things work with a small budget, but not the owner? Give credit where credit is due man. Loria is not just some bad man trying to destroy your Canes (yeah, I remember that) at the public's expense. He cares passionately about this team. He wants to win. He keeps on sinking money into this franchise. Not his fault the city and state are stilling fighting battles from when Huizenga and Henry were pricks to them. First of all, I'm not a canes fan.I'm not saying Loria is really bad owner but lets face it, the man doesn't have the pockets to be an owner considering the situation in S.Florida.How can any wise business man go from Expo to another problematic situation in Florida?
-
Such positive news..
How amh people here honestly think Loria will spend money to keep players? People get a clue....Some of your favorite players will likely be gone but it aint bad since Beinfest makes the right moves. Why does Beinfest make the right moves? Signing Pudge and Delgado were no-brainers, and the core of the '03 team was largely left over by Dombrowski. However, he's made many moves that left people scratching their head in '03, perhaps history would be viewed much differently if he didn't win the World Series. I mean, look at the deals that he tried to make that didn't go through, or even some of the ones that did, they read like a police report: Derrek Lee for Jeff Conine (back in '03), AJ Burnett for a bunch of role-players (fill in the names here), Ugeth Urbina for two absolute blue-chip prospects for Urbina to be a set-up man, Cliff Floyd for a bunch of nobodies (Pavano's '04 was a fluke, and Pavano wasn't even the key to the deal, Justin Wayne was), even to an extent the Clement and Alfonseca trade (at the time everyone thought it was a payroll dump, and Dontrelle was never, no matter what you hear in retrospect, expected to be what he is now...that move was all about clearing salary). I have so much more faith in Loria wanting to be competitive than in Beinfest making the right moves. Did you forget Juan Pierre deal?
-
Such positive news..
In no way am I saying the team doesn't need, to use RFerry's word, an "overhaul", but it won't be accomplished by trading LoDuca and installing Willingham as the starting catcher (thinks Ramp knows what I'm saying). My guess is the Fish will trade defense for offense in the off-season, up and down the lineup. This teams needs an overhaul.... Here the players that I'll get rid of: Lowell Gonzales Conine Ercarnancion Willingham should OF
-
Miami Heat's 4th Uniform This Season
thank goodness for whomever designed the spurs uniforms. those things are fugly. and just another way to make some extra $$$$ gotta like that. Spurs uniform are ugly and plain...
-
Such positive news..
Eh, there are too many chicken littles around here and in the press. Some who have ulterior motives to hope (and publish) these "rumors" to be true. Those Dolphins or Canes backers. Those No Stadium folks. Those 'Florida/Miami doesn't deserve baseball' folks. Those Loria haters. Etc. Etc. Etc. We have many enemies. Don't let them infect the discourse. I may not agree with all the moves or have the same level of trust some do in our talent advisors and negotiators. However after the past two years, we probably need an overhaul. Not bring on more and more veterans onto a talented yet disappointing team. How amh people here honestly think Loria will spend money to keep players? People get a clue....Some of your favorite players will likely be gone but it aint bad since Beinfest makes the right moves. Loria > Beinfest Right .... I'm a baseball hater...................... Some people are in denial about Loria.
-
Such positive news..
How amh people here honestly think Loria will spend money to keep players? People get a clue....Some of your favorite players will likely be gone but it aint bad since Beinfest makes the right moves.
-
Can we prove God exists?...No
The world is not perfect simply because of the fact that it is not heaven. Oh, man. Here we go again. Well, then let's play a game. A good watchmaker makes good watches. To be a good watchmaker you have to at LEAST make good watches. Now, just the concept of God is a being of infinite wisdom who is perfect in every way. So, God, in being perfect, MUST have created a most perfect world otherwise then he couldn't be perfect and therefore wouldn't be very God-like. To say God, a perfect being, created a flawed world is saying that God made a mistake. He made a mistake by leaving pot everywhere, by allowing rape and holocausts to happen. I don't know, you say it's about personal faith and try to argue for heaven. Why's it gotta' be heaven? Why not nirvana? Why anything. If it's personal, you believe in heaven and I believe in a wooden box surrounded by dirt. Your argument doesn't make sense because you have never picked up a bible or have enough understanding of it.
-
Take The Gay-O-Meter Quiz!!!
16% "Walking-talking hetero. Too straight for these times."
-
Bad news from Peter Gammons...
30 Mil ??? You guys believe those numbers? Let me guess: Peter is gettign his info from Wayne H. accountant.
-
27,538
The people who complaint about attendance down here don't know jack.The organanization is relative new and not to mention how it hasn't been a smooth ride (Different owners , stadium issues and Relocation rumors).
-
Passion's Pick 'Em: Week 1
All I know FSU will OWN MIAMI!!!
-
Manny & Furcal to Marlins? Burnett to Toronto?
2b-Castillo Rf-Hermida 3b-Cabrera 1b-Delgado lf-Ramirez C-LoDuca SS-Andino Cf-Aguila Love it, but its not happening. 920637[/snapback] Says who? I really hope they get rid of Lowell.
-
Manny & Furcal to Marlins? Burnett to Toronto?
Manny,Cabs,Delgado :notworthy
-
JP Back-up???
I say get rid of JP.The guy still has some value and Aguila will be better option at very least defensively. 824012[/snapback] Wow! A long-time minor leaguer is a better option than a long-time veteran and one of the best leadoff hitters in baseball... And you came up with that all by yourself? I am impressed! 824031[/snapback] Yeah ,a slumping OF who defensively is a risk plus he can't steal bases anymore.People need to stop having love affairs with players.
-
Willingham and Olsen recalled
Why bring them up? Yes we need a starter for Sat.(Travis Smith was more the capable), but do we need a catcher/DH? This is a showcase move for a certain AL west team...figure it out yet? 823980[/snapback] zito? 823991[/snapback] Could be...but I would be leaning more towards in way of that rumored three-way deal with the Yankees/Oakland with Gordon coming here somehow with others. IMO if Zito moves it will be at the deadline, b/c Beane is looking for some serious top prospects(Hermida to start) 824003[/snapback] I say trade JP for Gordon straight up.The Yankees need a CF and JP cab fill the void. :mischief DO NOT TRADE WILLINGHAM!!!
-
JP Back-up???
I say get rid of JP.The guy still has some value and Aguila will be better option at very least defensively.
-
Statement from Loria expected soon
I think location is a huge liability like the thread started by musk.I just have feeling this stadium will be another Miami Arena.
-
Location huge liability.
I have feeling this stadium will be another Miami Arena.The location is horrible and the stadium will be on the cheap side.I rather see the team get a fair lease from Wayne than build another mistake.