Everything posted by SilverBullet
-
2024 Spring Training Discussion Thread
I didn't expect the rotation to be as uncertain as it is now.
-
New Marlin Nick Gordon Doesn't Believe in the Moon
That was so weird yet weirder because I can't tell if he was joking or not.
-
2024 Spring Training Discussion Thread
Actually, ST used to feel like it was forever, like it was three months for me and it would never end. Now the last few years for me it feels like it goes super fast to the point where I'll have a moment where I say did they even get enough practice games in? It's the weirdest thing, I know. Hang in there.
-
2024 Spring Training Discussion Thread
I wanna see his bloodwork.
-
2024 Spring Training Discussion Thread
They're still way better than BK nuggets though.
-
2024 Spring Training Discussion Thread
BK's fries are awful but I find every other item superior to McDonald's.
-
2024 Spring Training Discussion Thread
Jazz could probably get a McDonald's endorsement deal out of this and I'm not even kidding. They have those stupid deals where they sell regular menu items under the guise of being a celebrity's favorite meal, he could easily do that. The Jazz meal and it's like 3 cheeseburgers with fries a Dr Pepper and a BBQ sauce and it's like $12.99 lmao
-
2024 Spring Training Discussion Thread
Dude probably really loves a McGriddle.
-
2024 Spring Training Discussion Thread
Exactly. I'd say I go maybe twice a month and I still feel bad doing it. A professional athlete should absolutely not be there daily.
-
2024 Spring Training Discussion Thread
I'm not even making fun, I just legit lol'd cuz I didn't expect that. The article is like "what did Jazz change to try and stay healthy for a full season..." and then I'm reading and it flat out says he stopped making daily trips to McDonalds and I about spit out my coffee. Putting the guy on blast like that.
-
2024 Spring Training Discussion Thread
Lmaooooo he stopped going to McDonald's every day 🤣
-
2024 Spring Training Discussion Thread
-
2024 Spring Training Discussion Thread
Anyone remember when he and I were friends for like a week?
-
2024 Spring Training Discussion Thread
For the Marlins organization this pretty much means his next start will be after the 2025 All Star break.
-
2024 Spring Training Discussion Thread
- 2024 Spring Training Discussion Thread
- 2024 Spring Training Discussion Thread
No biggie, wasn't mad at the quote just analyzing it from my perspective. At the end of the day I do get what the quote meant.- 2024 Spring Training Discussion Thread
Answering this honestly, as a teacher, I get what this is supposed to mean but it's very misleading. Those who are gonna hear it are gonna hear it, yes, but "don't really need me to say it" is an awful way to end that line. Those students are the reason why teachers actually must keep teaching even when all seems lost because they're absorbing the knowledge even if it doesn't seem like it... and then they surprise you passing a test or achieving some goal that seemed impossible. And for those who seem like they can't hear no matter what you say, I definitely have those students who will never get it but you still keep teaching to try and crack them and one day they surprise you and even if they only learn one thing they've now learned more than the day they met you. And I personally am a huge proponent of teaching my students kindness, respect, social skills, how to get along, how to resolve conflicts, how to greet each other, laughter, fun, etc... I'm big on teaching the things that aren't in the textbooks and on the tests. So for me, those moron student who will never get the academics, I always hope I'm at least teaching them how to be good human beings. So essentially that above quote is saying what the teacher does doesn't matter so might as well give it up and that's absolutely false and is quite a horrible way for a teacher to think.- 2024 Spring Training Discussion Thread
Yea and why this article? What prompted that quote? Is Troy Johnston visiting escape rooms often? Is he really using escape rooms to prepare for baseball or did he just make this one time comparison and she thought it was worth writing an article for? It's like she's missing a paragraph explaining something like "Troy loves escape rooms and visits them in every city he visits, he's visited 200 rooms over the last few years and has completed almost all of them!" Etc etc, you know, some substance to your writing topic. She even says there's an escape room near ST in Jupiter but then she says he hasnt gone there... what? It's an article about Troy at spring training with one random and isolated quote about an escape room yet the article title is about Troy using escape rooms to prepare for baseball. It's just bad writing.- 2024 Spring Training Discussion Thread
Man, DeNicola uses some of the silliest ideas for articles. She's got one up now saying how Troy Johnston uses escape rooms to prep for spring training. Yet nowhere in the article does it actually explain what this means. It's a random correlation. The guy probably said he visited an escape room once and she's here writing articles as if he's thinking about an escape room during practice drills.- 2024 Spring Training Discussion Thread
As does Mountain Dew Code Red.- 2024 Spring Training Discussion Thread
Agreed on the 90s already feeling like a lost era of greatness already. Shame.- 2024 Spring Training Discussion Thread
Gas? I myself would have bought a soda to go with those burgers but if you and your friends enjoyed your burgers with gasoline that's on you, I'm not judging.- 2024 Spring Training Discussion Thread
Bro thinks we can send up a 37 man lineup.- 2/24 at Cardinals - 1:05 PM
Call the cops! Evacuate the stadium! - 2024 Spring Training Discussion Thread