Everything posted by SilverBullet
-
Eury to begin season on IL, miss at least several weeks
This reminds me of how I masturbate.
-
Eury to begin season on IL, miss at least several weeks
With so many young pitchers getting TJ and so many getting it even earlier in their careers I had a thought... Could TJ surgery eventually become something that everyone just gets as a pre planned and preventative surgery before an injury occurs? Like work it into your schedule of your early career. Get drafted and go right into surgery so that we get it and the recovery out of the way and we can know ahead of time when you'll be ready to pitch. Instead of it being a surprise that shuts someone down as they prepare for their 2nd or 3rd season. It'll be like getting circumcised!
-
Eury to begin season on IL, miss at least several weeks
Yea I'm definitely in the camp of this is probably gonna lead to TJ surgery eventually buuuut when you look at how it went down with Sandy and with Max Meyer, those two had their surgery almost immediately after getting hurt and evaluated so part of me thinks there has to be a difference with Eury that he's not already going in for surgery. Slight chance this one really isn't that bad?
-
$5 beers and then dance on the field
I'm all for fun promotions and marketing ideas but the dancing on the field thing sounds especially dumb and something that won't look they way they think it will and it'll be dropped quickly. I could be wrong but like said above they might be expecting a big party feel and it won't happen. Also, is there really appeal to dance on the field? That's no better than when they have post game parties outside on the west plaza with live music. I've seen those after many a weekend game and they're actually nice and people are having fun there. Let that continue. And it sounds irresponsible for the actual grounds crew and field conditions. When the game ends let those people do their job to prep for the next day, take the party elsewhere. This is gonna be one of those many ideas they quietly abandon and no one realizes is gone. Anyone remember a Club 305 party section a couple seasons ago? Do they still do that Jazz Band center field section? How about that standing room social area in the right field corner? There's a bunch of these things that they promote as the best idea ever and then it doesn't sell and they abandon it and then you realize what a stupid idea it ever was.
-
2024 Spring Training Discussion Thread
It amuses me how many people say that MLB should step in and force Sherman to spend or to sell or whatever. They've never done that and they never will.
-
2024 Spring Training Discussion Thread
You didn't have a TV so you had to watch things in your bathroom as a kid? Sounds boring.
-
2024 Spring Training Discussion Thread
Wow I thought the president of Baseball operations would be the one to do that. So Sixto is the one who decided that Dane Myers wouldn't be on the opening day roster?
-
2024 Spring Training Discussion Thread
She's right about the options but this means there wasn't really a competition there or Myers would have made the team. With those guys out of options and with Avi's contract, the roster was set long ago barring any injuries. This has long been my issue with supposed spring training competitions. So many guys are really only there in case those in front of them get seriously injured. There are very few actual position battles in ST.
-
2024 Spring Training Discussion Thread
You selling your car?
-
2024 Spring Training Discussion Thread
Yea, um, no. Just no.
-
2024 Spring Training Discussion Thread
I guess Manfred would say something dumb like yes just let the player advance so that we have more action on the base paths and more scoring and more excitement as everyone competes for that piece of metal.
-
2024 Spring Training Discussion Thread
Not to mention that he was out by ten feet. If it's close and there's blocking then maybe that's something but blocking shouldn't matter when it isn't actually the reason the guy is out.
-
Shohei's Interpreter Accused of "Massive Theft" in Alleged Gambling
I'm so confused on the different stories here... what are they currently saying? That Ohtani helped this guy pay off his debts but didn't realize he was sending money to a gambling organization? Or are we back to saying the guy stole Ohtani's money?
-
2024 Spring Training Discussion Thread
Holy shit
-
2024 Spring Training Discussion Thread
JD just signed, someone keep an eye on @TaiwanMarlins
-
Jazz vs Rojas... Who's right here?
This. It doesn't seem like they were teaching him, just trying to get him busted.
-
Shohei's Interpreter Accused of "Massive Theft" in Alleged Gambling
lmaooooo
-
Shohei's Interpreter Accused of "Massive Theft" in Alleged Gambling
This is the translator?
-
Jazz vs Rojas... Who's right here?
But it's also been noted that Jazz had a bunch of supporters on the team. It wasn't everyone against Jazz, Jazz wasn't the only one feeling the way he felt. The clubhouse was divided. That means that the clubhouse leadership, captain included, wasn't actually doing their job of leading a cohesive clubhouse. I don't think this is so much about who is right or wrong, I think it's more about showing what a piss poor clubhouse we had when Rojas was captain and before Skip changed the culture.
-
Shohei's Interpreter Accused of "Massive Theft" in Alleged Gambling
Omg the season needs to start asap because the off the field stories are out of hand. What could be next?
-
All You Can Eat Seats
While this is probably a good deal, I'm thrown off by the initial thought of a $52 ticket being a deal. My first thought when I saw this was holy crap why would I pay $52 for a ticket when I usually get a ticket for under $30. That's a drastic jump and I know that doesn't take into account fees and what you'll pay on food and parking and whatever else. But still, from a marketing perspective it's not as instantly appealing to see $52 as when something is $0.99, $9.99, $20, $25, etc. I wonder if they could have gotten away with making these $49 and maybe it would have worked better?
-
All You Can Eat Seats
I wonder if the seats taste good.
-
Jazz vs Rojas... Who's right here?
Here's the full interview, I just heard it in its entirety. I don't have a problem with people calling out Jazz's injury history or his issue of talking more than he performs... but hearing this full interview I don't know how anyone can not root for him. Yes he's brash but he seems to have a good heart and a desire to succeed. He's not the asshole that a lot of cocky athletes seem to be. This interview pumped me up, damn I want this kid to have a full season and show who he can truly be and I'm glad he's on the team I love. Also my God he makes Skip sound so amazing. I love Skip so much.
-
Jazz vs Rojas... Who's right here?
This is a good point too, and Craig Mish also points out that Jazz considers himself an entertainer so while a lot of it is likely true, Jazz could also be exaggerating things to create buzz... he compares it to a movie that is "inspired by true events" and then takes creative liberties to create a more exciting product.
-
Jazz vs Rojas... Who's right here?
Being a player's coach was the only thing everyone agreed he was good at and now we're not even sure that was true.