Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MarlinsBaseball.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

SilverBullet

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by SilverBullet

  1. So now I'm seeing a lot of posts about how much revenue Ohtani already brings/has already brought even before this deal and yea forget what I said about this not working. This could be a steal for the Dodgers. It's wild that this is almost one of those "it pays for itself" type of agreements. And it has zero to do with how good he is on the field (as long as he doesn't become a total dud or is never on the field). Basically he has generated at least $20-30 million a year in revenue, and that should now go up with the Dodgers, one thing said it could hit $70 million a year and that was said before this signing. If all of that is true then essentially every team should have been in on this guy even at that price level because it's like an investment that you just know is going to increase in value almost immediately.
  2. Even in the offseason? Gonna be lonely out there.
  3. Ups the need for a good hitter at shortstop and DH though since we aren't getting it here.
  4. At this point there was a need for almost anyone to be added as a catcher so this move can be done as a necessity but not necessarily the last catching addition and they can still look to add other catchers later on if possible.
  5. This contract is scary. Yes he's Shohei Ohtani but he's also a human being believe it or not. There's no guarantee this is a successful contract.
  6. Because I'm sure your "Berti" isn't as dirty as @pollythewog's.
  7. I went to Panera today and I ordered the pick 2 soup and a sandwich combo and I upgraded my soup from a cup to a bowl.
  8. This is crap, full of assumptions and glass half empty negativity, but you do you. Why wouldn't Bendix be hired to improve the team? The Rays have been better than us for years, no matter how they do it. And sustainable winning is a real thing because plenty of teams have been able to achieve it. In no way does that word only mean cheap and rebuilding. Actually I'd argue it means the opposite because sustainable winning means you are not in the cycle of having to rebuild every few years. It means you're constantly bettering the entire organization while winning at the same time, not one or the other.
  9. Nightengale vs Morosi
  10. Which one is cheaper?
  11. Looks like it only took him about five hours this time 😆
  12. Damn now it's even sadder, poor kid was just calling out for his dad.
  13. I wonder if this phrase came from an actual story? That poor boy was mauled by a wolf and we just shrug it off and use him as a cliche.
  14. At the end of the year.
  15. Oh shit what did I miss? What bad news happened to bring you back?
  16. So they have to return him to the Padres after a year?
  17. Man I could have sworn this guy just debuted.
  18. He signed on to play more than 162 games?
  19. Where have I seen this joke before?
  20. Tl; dr: "Got proof?"

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.