Everything posted by SilverBullet
-
23/24 Offseason - Other Teams
I could go for a good hearty sausage gravy right about now.
-
2023/24 Off-Season
This is a good post.
-
23/24 Offseason - Other Teams
I love this for my Cardinals. Excited for what 2024 holds for them. Fantastic organization.
-
2023/24 Off-Season
That's just Mish getting the feeling a trade is more likely than big spending, not news. And I'm the Mish shill here! Gotta learn to read whats news and whats speculation and hunches.
-
Thanksgiving Feast
- Milk with meat?
I have never once eaten a turkey with stuffing cooked inside of the turkey. My family has always just cooked the stuffing on its own and then you throw a scoop of it on your plate and have it with a few bites of your turkey. Is that weird?- Milk with meat?
- 2023/24 Off-Season
This kills the roller-coaster of the offseason. I wouldn't do this if I had the chance.- 2023/24 Off-Season
Yea I don't know where in the world that one came from.- 2023/24 Off-Season
And we're back to complaining about the offseason as if it ends at Thanksgiving.- 2023/24 Off-Season
You're such a dick.- 2023/24 Off-Season
And how were the Marlins disloyal to Jon Jay?- 2023/24 Off-Season
If it's not the Marlins he doesn't care, he already said this during the WBC "but you must have forgot".- Do you put lemon in your water?
Oddly enough, my wife never buys iced tea but after reading this thread I opened my fridge yesterday and there was a bottle of iced tea in there... and it was unsweetened. Anyone know a good divorce attorney?- Do you put lemon in your water?
Drinking too much unsweetened tea will make you misspell words.- 2023/24 Off-Season
Maybe it's just me but I'd be kinda annoyed if Jay left so soon. I'm sure bench coach is a promotion but for a guy who wasn't coaching anywhere and got his first break under Skip and for his hometown team, feels like leaving after just one season is a little disloyal. Again, if he leaves for a promotion I should shut up but just felt like Jay would be on Skip's staff for a longer time.- Dodgers targeting Ohtani AND Trout
Oh that makes sense. Everyone in Jersey I know is a Yankees fan but they're up north so I guess South Jersey is actually more Phillie territory.- Dodgers targeting Ohtani AND Trout
Trout is from New Jersey, why have I heard the Phillies mentioned as his home town team on multiple occasions?- 2023/24 Off-Season
We probably already got the best of Hampson though. If he had stayed I'd bet he would have digressed because he wasn't great before this year anyways. Just saying I think he's replaceable and I won't complain if he's gone.- D-Backs Reveal New Uniforms
When the DBacks first started they had a darker turquoise because of the obvious Arizona connection. In their 1995 initial marketing it even seemed at times like the turquoise was more significant than the purple which would become their main color when they started play. When they rebranded around 2016 they brought back the turquoise as a nod to their debut colors but in trying that more vibrant futuristic color scheme they brightened it up and started calling it teal. If we compare it to the Marlins teal the Arizona one is more of a bright mint green. It's a weird color choice I think. I don't get how they can say they're honoring a color from their past and then change the color so drastically to the point that it's just not the same color.- Dodgers targeting Ohtani AND Trout
Side note, doesn't it always feel like the Dodgers have more than a 26 man roster? Maybe I just never notice when they release or trade someone away but in my mind I only hear of them acquiring players and it feels like they've got a bigger team than everyone else. Or in other words, they never stop adding.- Dodgers targeting Ohtani AND Trout
Diehard Angels fans would be so pissed if this happened.- Dodgers targeting Ohtani AND Trout
Feels like the 2023 Braves were a mega team.- 2023/24 Off-Season
Nothing wrong with Hampson as a role player but Stallings was not a major league caliber player on a team that's meant to contend so he absolutely needed to go if they were serious about trying to win again.- 2023/24 Off-Season
I love Alex Ferrer's tweets but it's for the comedy... he's a serious Marlins fan but his tweets are 95% ball busting jokes like many of us do here. He loves Troy Johnston but he knows the guy is just a whatever minor leaguer. Don't take that guy's tweets as the gospel. - Milk with meat?