Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MarlinsBaseball.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

chumforsharks

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by chumforsharks

  1. I would trade for Gathright and sign Long to play LF. The line-up needs pumped up a little. I would try to get Nick Green from Tampa too. Because if Ramirez isn't ready and starts in the minors....the line-up could get ugly fast. Terence Long is complete garbage(no offense to Terence, his boo, his momma, his 3 kids, his nephews, his aunties, and his lady on the side) Let's see. Terrence Long hit .311 with runners in scoring position last year. He's much better than Chris Aguila.
  2. Maybe some of them will be in the bullpen for the Marlins. I just don't understand why they didn't get more position players back.
  3. I would trade for Gathright and sign Long to play LF. The line-up needs pumped up a little. I would try to get Nick Green from Tampa too. Because if Ramirez isn't ready and starts in the minors....the line-up could get ugly fast.
  4. The guy that started this thread and myself have been wondering for quite a while why more position players weren't brought back in these trades. The fact that Eric Reed, Chris Aguila, Pokey Reese all could be starting has to scare some people. It's also possible that if Ramirez isn't ready that Amezaga or Andino could be at shortstop. If I'm an opposing team.....I pitch to Cabrera the way everyone pitches to Bonds and make Mike Jacobs beat me. I saw a recent line-up projection that had Reed and Aguila #1 and #2 in the line-up. It's great to have all this young pitching stock-piled.......but they need to move some of it. I'm for trading Olsen for Gathright and signing Terrance Long to play left.
  5. It's hard to stay positive after what has happened since the last pitch of 2005. Not just with how bad the on-field product will be, but the horrible treatment the fans are getting from the actions of the front office. If you are so disappointed, why are you bothering to post messages on a Marlins message board? You can certainly be upset and still be a fan, but you don't have to post negative comments on Cooley Uggla without ever seeing him play. All I can go by is his past performance. Based on that I am excited to see what he can do. 25 year olds hitting well in AA baseball do not excite me, sorry. It's hard to stay positive after what has happened since the last pitch of 2005. Not just with how bad the on-field product will be, but the horrible treatment the fans are getting from the actions of the front office. last year's team was awful to watch. they played without heart and didnt give 2 shits. atleast these guys are gonna bust their asses off, and may just surprise some people in the process Just because players are young doesn't mean they bust their butts.
  6. It's hard to stay positive after what has happened since the last pitch of 2005. Not just with how bad the on-field product will be, but the horrible treatment the fans are getting from the actions of the front office.
  7. Now we'll see if Beinfest is truly a master, or if God was answering alot of prayers in 2003.....when he was super.
  8. Let's think positive.......Uggla and Ramirez=Kent and Jeter...........LOL.
  9. It's possible, though not likely.
  10. The point being no one is losing any sleep over losing Uggla. No one would lose sleep over losing you either. That shows your IQ. 0.0
  11. Last year Counsell did, Orlando Hudson this year. The point being no one is losing any sleep over losing Uggla.
  12. Beltran knocks himself in quite a bit. He also hits way more doubles and triples than Castillo thus putting himself in better position to score, and he steals more bases. Career OPS: Beltran .829 Castillo .726 Well, Luis Castillo had a better OBP than Michael Young last year......they both batted second in their order.....who would you rather have?
  13. Sure they can, but if Uggla was gonna be anything special......the Diamondbacks would have kept him. Craig Counsell starts at 2B for them.
  14. Yes. they are fried.
  15. If Uggla winds up as good as Todd Walker......I would take that in a heartbeat. I doubt it though.
  16. Dan LeBatard knows nothing about sports. In February 2003, he stated that the Marlins made a huge mistake in signing Ivan Rodriguez, saying that Kevin Millar was a much better player than Pudge......and you guys actually listen to him?
  17. I agree with you Lou about Ramirez. I hope he turns into a solid pro. Everyone here thinks I'm so negative.....I hope all these guys turn into stars, but I know it won't happen. I mean, this thread is hyping a 25 year old AA Rule 5 Draft pick. I just wish the Marlins could have gotten a 2B, LF and CF back in their fire-sale. The thought of watching Aguila, Reed and Uggla/Reese as one-third of the line-up is upsetting.
  18. im not talking about negotiations with Areola. i am mostly referring to Samson/Loria's refusal to put any money in at all or get another weathly business man involved. look if you cant afford to keep a team why do so? i do not buy things for myself if i know its going to hurt me financially in the future. im all for the selling of this team to someone locally who is financially stable. yes loria loves baseball but im sorry we are not collecting baseball cards here, but a multimillion dollar team. thats whats so interesting here about the whole situation. different opinions from different folks. You are not a legal monopoly. MLB and its franchises are. You should change your name to RSamson.....your little twin in life.
  19. I really want to see what Jacobs does. I think he holds a big key to the line-up. If he or Willingham fail, the Marlins won't score at all. They need both of those guys to come up huge. Basically, Jacobs and Willingham have to be enough of a threat to get Cabrera some strikes to hit.
  20. The thing that has me wondering a little about Ramirez is the fact that after they traded him they dumped Renteria. I'm wondering if they soured on Ramirez a little bit because of his season in AA?
  21. Lou....does that mean Willingham is only gonna hit .230?
  22. Hard to start a chant when only 10 people will be out there. now the question is will you be one of your so-called 10 people there.... When they play the Rockies, Reds or Pirates. I have no interest watching Josh Beckett throw a 2-hitter against the Marlins. I want to see a win.
  23. I really don't see your point about not using his speed.....he steals alot of bases and scores alot of runs. Castillo scored over 100 runs one time in his career, Beltran has done it 5 out of seven years. As much as you'll hate to admit this.........how are baseball games won? By scoring more runs than your opposition.....and you can have all your little saber toys, give me runs and RBI. Does it really matter if someone gets on base more........or if he knows how to score when he gets on base?
  24. Hard to start a chant when only 10 people will be out there.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.