Everything posted by jdcane98
-
Conine belongs back here
I didnt realize Luis wasn't on the playoff roster, but he gets a ring.
-
Conine belongs back here
As of right now, the only 2 players whose number's should be retired are Castillo and Sheffield. I'm wondering if Charles Johnson wouldn't make it into a "ring of honor" type thing. Franchises 1st pick ever, won gold gloves, won a WS ring, U. Miami ties, it's def. possible. But Luis should for sure. Won both titles, 1 of the few that did, Conine should too.
-
2008 Free Agents...
not as a player, but as a "super star" He hit 300 with 30 HR's, that's not failing as a player, he just never seemed to be the 'star power' we needed/wanted.
-
2008 Free Agents...
These FA's were per: http://mlbcontracts.blogspot.com/2002/02/2...ree-agents.html
-
2008 Free Agents...
OK. Let's try to look at some 08 FA's w/ and w/o spending $ on someone. With C Jorge Posada (He's staying a Yankee) $ C Ken Johjima C Pudge Rodriguez (I think he stays AL to be able to DH) $ 1B Mark Teixeira ATL (hmmm, we'll have to see how he fares as a Brave, good fielding 1B) $ 1B Carlos Delgado NYM (Failed last time as a Marlin, in my mind) $ 1B Jason Giambi NYY (no way he goes NL) $ 1B Nomar Garciapara LAD (too injured) 2B/1B Jeff Kent LAD (Would play 1B for us) 3B Alex Rodriguez NYY (I'd assume a) we can't afford him no matter what and b) he's staying AL or going Cubs to play SS) $$ LF Moises Alou NYM (too old? AL Bound?) LF Adam Dunn CIN $ (too much $ for Hammer #'s) LF Raul Ibanez SEA $ (Could be a solid pick up) LF Barry Bonds SF $$ (Can't afford him, but he'd bring fans to the seats, can he play LF at all anymore? I see him in the AL as a DH like many do) CF/RF Ken Griffey Jr CIN $ (Could he or Hermida play LF?) RF Juan Encarnacion STL (See Griffey) SP Mark Prior (Cheap pick up but is his arm Kranitzed?) SP Oliver Perez NYM $ (resurgance year might make him too costly) SP Kris Benson BAL (I bet we'd get him and tits mcgee cheaper than Bal did) SP Orlando Hernandez NYM (old as hell but still throwing) CP Brad Lidge HOU (washed up closers are our bread and butter) CP David Weathers CIN (see above, but still has it a bit) RP Derek Turnbow MIL (see above-above) RP Kyle Farnsworth NYY (more a set-up man than closer, needs to pitch in a game after a junk-baller, not a heat thrower) CP/RP Tom Gordon PHI (Could be a good set-up man still) RP LaTroy Hawkins COL (I just like LaTroy)
-
If it wasnt for Armando and Julio
have nothing to lose I think he's saying Miller has his confidence to lose. If he's dominating the 7th now, don't move him in a wasted yr. If we were in the wild card hunt, by all means, move him to win games, but we're not. So spare his confidence. It's like rushing a QB along. Why if you're 0-6? Don't force him in if he's not ready.
- My Blog
- Andino
-
Chance of seeing these guys...
use a %/% as in "Chris Volstad 10%/50%" meaning 10% 07/50% 08. Josh Raynor Chris Coghlan (impressive digits but our guys are always good in low A) Graham Taylor Andrew Jenkins Gaby Sanchez Chris Volstad Ryan Tucker Aaron Thompson Brett Sinkbeil Todd Doolittle Lee Mitchell Gaby Hernandez (Can't wait to see his debut) John Gall Scott Seabol (Is he not bigs material? Because he's a minor league big time slugger) Chad Hermansen Val Pascucci Nate Field
-
Andino
Yeah that's why I was asking what would he get us... he's kind of eating a hole other than when Hanley gets sore/goes down with a minor injury. Could he be an Alex Cora or Miguel Cairo? I know Amezega is doing that right now, but Robby seems to have more upside.
-
Andino
Robby Andino's value has to be high right now. It's the AS break, there are a lot of injuries/underperformers. He's hitting 281 with 6 hrs and a 325 OBP in AAA. Someone has to want him out there, and he's never getting in there for us with Hanley there unless Robby moves to 2B. So can't we trade him away? What would he get us in return?
-
When do we move these guys...
We can't afford Uggla, Hanley, Olsen, Johnson, Willis, Cabrera and Willingham Where do all of these guys wind up? Uggla-Mets, they need a 2B and we've made good trading partners with them in the past. Hanley- Stays in town, he's the face of the franchise to come ala Cabrera/Willis. Olsen- I think someone overpays for Scotty, maybe the Mets who need young SP, maybe the Tigers to replace Kenny Rogers, or the Cubs with Prior and Wood being useless, the Dodgers love pitching. Willis- NY Yankees, they need a lefty in the rotation to replace Pettite after this year, I see this being an easy trade, we can get some of the prospects they have, wish we would've traded for Melky before he got hot. Cabrera- NY Yankees, maybe a double move? ARod is out of NY this year, and off to some low-expectation team where he can hide from October. Miggy could play 3B, LF, and DH in NY. Willingham- I see him in the AL playing some LF but mostly DHing. Toronto, LAAofA, Oakland, Chi WS, someone who loves to bring in older bats to play DH, but this time they'd get a younger version in the Hammer. I think he'd hit much much better as a DH.
-
TEXAS HOLD 'EM, WINTER PARK FL
The Florida Collegiate Summer League?s Grand Slam Texas Hold em Poker Tournament will take place on Saturday, July 14 at O?Boys Barbecue in Winter Park. There is a $75 donation entry free which ends July 9 and an $85 fee that will be accepted for walkups. There will be many door prizes and gift bags for participants as well as a raffle. Food will be provided by O' Boys and is included in the donation. Learners table will start at 12:30pm. The tournament starts at 1 p.m. and is followed by the awards presentations and silent auction which begin at 4 p.m. To register, go online at: [link=]http://floridaleague.athleticsite.com/article.asp?articleID=72&refer=0[/link]
-
Ever Wonder if Men and Lesbians Have Similar Tastes?
pink are you serious?
-
Post Your Vote: Kelly Brook VS. Keeley Hazell
brook
-
Friends with your ex
I've stayed friends w/ my ex's, and one of you always wants the other back, and with me sometimes it's shifted between the people. Example: I dated this girl, we'll call her girl A. We dated at the end of high school into the beginning of college (1/2 way into soph year). We were pretty serious, it was a sexual relationship (obviously after 2 or so years). We were arguing a lot, and decided mutually to break up. Then the next day (i sh*t you not) she wanted to go back out. I told her it was probably because of the habit of dating, and that after a couple weeks of no contact it'd be ok. We agreed, but after a couple of weeks she still wanted to go out. So I basically broke the news that it wasnt going to happen. But we kept seeing each other because we're from the same town, "small town sh*t" as the song says. Eventually we went a couple months w/o seeing each other, bumped into each other at a party, and BAM it started again. It was casual, but sex was involved. She wanted to go back out with me, but I was also dating (casually, but sex involved) another girl (Girl B) I'd met at school. So I didnt want to give that up. They knew about each other, but of course, tensions were there. Anyway, when I went back to school myself and Girl A decided to stop seeing eachother, and myself and Girl B started dating again back at school. Once that was over, girl A moved to where i was goign to college, to get her BA. She and I started talking again! We dated again, and this time it was ME who wanted to be serious. But girl A decided not to come down and get into something serious. So this time I was pissed. We didnt talk for probably a year or so, and now we call each other once in a while to say hi or gossip about back home ("small town sh*t") but she's engaged and I have a g/f, so nothing's going to happen or go on, plus we dont SEE each other (that's the key). Long story short, if I had just cut it off a long time ago, it would've saved us both time.
-
Good sites to download music?
i use a certain pink "castle" torrent site, and a few other torrent sites i wont name (5th ammendment)
-
Post Your Vote: Keeley Hazell VS. Bar Refaeli
keeley
-
Post Your Vote: Kelly Brook VS. Katherine Heigl
brook
-
Post Your Vote: Keeley Hazell VS. Katharine McPhee
hazell
-
Post Your Vote: Lucy Pinder VS. Katherine Heigl
pinder
-
Post Your Vote: Kelly Brook VS. Paz Vega
brook
-
Kim Kardashian
her face is busted, ray j pissed on her, and wilbon is always walking that line very close... he'll get sex harassment one day.
-
Post Your Vote: Sophia Bush VS. Erica Campbell
sophia b.
-
Post Your Vote: Sophia Bush VS. Amanda Bynes
bush