Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MarlinsBaseball.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

bobbob1313

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by bobbob1313

  1. bobbob1313 replied to a post in a topic in Sports
    haha...no...im not lamar smith or whoever it was...but i love college football...I love the U...i love the watching the U put fear into the hearts, minds and souls of their opponents...i use the term war lightly actually being in a war...but every college football game is as important as winning the war for the BCS...if you dont have that "fight" and hunger in you, you are going to lose...and miami doesnt like losing football teams very much...so they have to bring it each and every time they are out there...and they brought it...FIU started it, we finished it...they stood together as a family(and did some foolish things) but at least they stood together...and while it probably wont happen like this...but say...MIAMI wins out the rest of this year...and goes onto win a championship next year...and as we look back...is this fight still really that embarrassing or is it more inspiring that the canes took a stand It's still embaressing, and will seem even more embaressing when you look back and realize that your favorite team is a joke with no real playmakers on offense with the exception of James. ok, here is the thing for me...i dont condone the fighting and im glad to see that deserving players were suspended...but this is exactly what miami needed...yeah...ok...i went there...they needed this...FIU came into the orange bowl and tried to disrespect miami football...that is unacceptable...untolerable...recruits of miami football should see that "58 home game winning streak" and see the blood, sweat, effort, and passion that went into that...these guys arent thugs(for the most part), they are just a bunch of under achievers and maybe now, current and future hurricanes will realize that miami football isnt about winning close games and being friendly with the opponent...its about god damn kicking some ass, banging hot chicks and going to the NFL...if you dont want to do that, then go to some pansy ass football school and have a nice career as a shmuck You are such a joke, it's not even funny. Did you go to UM? Because if you did, that says alot about their educational standards.
  2. bobbob1313 replied to a post in a topic in Sports
    I don't think people are placing all the blame on UM. It's just that no one cares about FIU. That right there is exactly why the fight happened. For a young program to have to play against teams that obviously think they can just show up and win is disrespectful. You play the game, and you play it right. You don't come in acting like you are king of the world, especially when you are just as unranked as we are. UM's players have no respect for anyone, including their school, and it showed last night. I'm not condoning what FIU did at all, but it is certainly understandable for their players to want to be taken seriously, and while this may not help them, it certainly showed UM to take them seriously, as they proceeded to actually play football after that. thats bulls***, FIU spent the entire night trying to get under Miami's skin including during the pre-game warmups and are ultimately responsible for what happened lastnight. That is normal trash talking, and was no worse than what happens in most games. But since the Canes played like they didn't even see FIU as real opponents, it escalated.
  3. bobbob1313 replied to a post in a topic in Sports
    I don't think people are placing all the blame on UM. It's just that no one cares about FIU. That right there is exactly why the fight happened. For a young program to have to play against teams that obviously think they can just show up and win is disrespectful. You play the game, and you play it right. You don't come in acting like you are king of the world, especially when you are just as unranked as we are. UM's players have no respect for anyone, including their school, and it showed last night. I'm not condoning what FIU did at all, but it is certainly understandable for their players to want to be taken seriously, and while this may not help them, it certainly showed UM to take them seriously, as they proceeded to actually play football after that.
  4. bobbob1313 replied to a post in a topic in Sports
    FIU can hate Miami, but they can't consider UM a rival. FIU is nowhere close to that. They show up with FAU every week as two of the worst teams in the country. That said, I would like to see FAU and FIU succeed and continue to grow as programs, but they shouldn't get carried away. The best way for FIU to grow as a program is to play the best teams. The last thing they want is to be North Texas and live in the Sun Belt for the rest of their existence.
  5. bobbob1313 replied to a post in a topic in Sports
    craziest thing I saw was the guy and his crutch in the middle of the field for FIU.. what was he thinking.. he has no pads, no helmet, and is on crutches? not smart. I think that was A'Mod Ned. We went to high school together, and he never seemed like the sharpest guy.
  6. bobbob1313 replied to a post in a topic in Sports
    I actually think it will have the opposite effect on the school's recruits. It will recruit the type of players that UM has specialized in since the "Convicts" teams of the late 80's. And that type of stuff will inevitably lead to more stuff like this, and thats exactly what we don't need.
  7. bobbob1313 replied to a post in a topic in Sports
    The UM-FIU game was crazy. I was scared to be there. Besides the fight on the field, it was the fights in the crowd - which were by far the worst in my section. Some male UM fan punched a female FIU fan in the face, and basically all hell broke loose after that and I witnessed people I know get tasered, strangled, and punched by the cops in the end. Lots of my guy friends kept holding me to try to get me away from the madness, and I was seriously scared about getting hurt. I've never been in the middle of something like that before. Sorry that had to happen to you. I would have gone to the game but i opted not to earlier today. It was only scary because I'm a girl and hardly the strongest one at that, and people were picking fights and beating up on everyone regardless of gender. Usually I feel safe because of that, but that didn't help me at all today and just seeing things like that happen to people I know right in front of me sucked. You can cheer for your team, but it's still just a football game. UM fans have a tendency of being jerks. Especially the ones who only go to games to drink and fight, which is a lot of them, unfortunately.
  8. bobbob1313 replied to a post in a topic in Sports
    The UM-FIU game was crazy. I was scared to be there. Besides the fight on the field, it was the fights in the crowd - which were by far the worst in my section. Some male UM fan punched a female FIU fan in the face, and basically all hell broke loose after that and I witnessed people I know get tasered, strangled, and punched by the cops in the end. Lots of my guy friends kept holding me to try to get me away from the madness, and I was seriously scared about getting hurt. I've never been in the middle of something like that before. Were you in the FIU section when this happened? It definetly was tense for the rest of the game. I was in section A. And yeah, I'm a little nervous about going to next year's FIU-UM game. That was seriously a really scary experience. Yeah, I was in section U, which was not exactly the middle of UM zone, but certainly mostly UM. An FIU fan was getting yelled at for "being in the wrong section". After the fight, it was pretty tense, but I just tried not to let things get out of hand, and I, sadly, refrained from cheering as loudly as I was before. The only thing I could think after it finished was the gang fight scene in Anchorman. "Wow, that really escalated quickly. I mean, it really jumped up a notch". :lol
  9. bobbob1313 replied to a post in a topic in Sports
    The UM-FIU game was crazy. I was scared to be there. Besides the fight on the field, it was the fights in the crowd - which were by far the worst in my section. Some male UM fan punched a female FIU fan in the face, and basically all hell broke loose after that and I witnessed people I know get tasered, strangled, and punched by the cops in the end. Lots of my guy friends kept holding me to try to get me away from the madness, and I was seriously scared about getting hurt. I've never been in the middle of something like that before. Were you in the FIU section when this happened? It definetly was tense for the rest of the game.
  10. bobbob1313 replied to a post in a topic in Sports
    My friend just told me about a shirt he has from Notre Dame that says "Catholics vs. Convicts", in regards to the ND-UM rivalry in the late 80's. The more things change, the more they stay the same.
  11. bobbob1313 replied to a post in a topic in Sports
    This is as intellectually stimulating as that fight in the game. Get a room.
  12. bobbob1313 replied to chefbob's topic in Sports
    oh come on.......Please He implied that because Pinella's "Hablas espanol" he somehow was responsible for his wallet missing. If you don't see why that is offensive, you probably shouldn't be allowed to associate with anyone of another ethnicity. I'm not easily offended, but that definetly offends me, especially since my mother's family is from Cuba and Puerto Rico.
  13. bobbob1313 replied to a post in a topic in Sports
    I will say that this is the last thing FIU football needed. On what should have been the most important moment in our short history, we have it marred with this. This is what most people will identify FIU football with, and while the idiots in the stands were cheering for it, anybody with any sense and who cares about the future of FIU football realizes this is exactly the kind of thing that sets a young program back a couple of years. Sure, it's nice to show UM that they have to respect you, but you do that between the hashes when the clock is running, not when you have a highly vulnerable field goal holder standing around. That just makes us look like a group of immature children, not fully grown men who supposedly represent an entire school. Those who took part in this debacle don't represent me, I know that.
  14. bobbob1313 replied to a post in a topic in Sports
    Seriously, I can't put into words how disgusted I am with this announcer. He made the situation worse. He was proud of what was going on. I was at the game, and everyone in the crowd but me seemed to be proud of it. The UM fans were cheering as they started jumping with their helmets off. It made me sick. UM's players seem like they are just looking for a fight every game they play, and if they happen to play some football, that's ok with them too.
  15. bobbob1313 replied to a post in a topic in Sports
    Im a Cane, so Im obviously biased, but why is all the blame going to UM? I saw the whole thing and I dont condone what Redick did at all or Bryant to a lesser extent, but what about the guy slamming and then kicking the holder Perelli, a backup QB? The whole thing was disgusting, but just because its UM against FIU doesnt make one side more accountable. Another thing thats interesting is that UM is letting FIU use the Orange Bowl next year while FIU renovates its stadium, so they could make them homeless if they wanted to, not that they should or would, but that is an interesting dynamic. The worst part is Redick didn't even get ejected. He should be expelled. Admin Coker has no control over his team, and he needs to be fired. He recruits nothing but thugs and punks, and that is the reason why his program is beginning to become a joke.
  16. bobbob1313 replied to a post in a topic in Sports
    Crazy fight win the FIU/UM game... What losers those canes are... Anyone got the youtube link? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1JWeE9KqZjQ That video should be titled "Even more proof that the UM players are all thugs and that Admin Coker has no control of his team and shouldn't be a coach of a major D1 school."
  17. bobbob1313 replied to chefbob's topic in Sports
    That is ridiculous. That's hardly racially insensitive. If someone says something in french, and I say "je ne parle pas francais," am I being racially insensitive? I think not. I hate political correctness, but what he said was offensive. No way around it.
  18. Andruw Jones: With a few more great years, he will probably be. But I don't think he should be. Carlos Delgado: Borderline Ivan Rodriguez: Arguably the greatest catcher ever. A lock. Craig Biggio: A lock Tom Glavine: A lock John Smoltz: A lock Bernie Williams: He'll probably go in, but he doesn't deserve it Ken Griffey, Jr.: A lock Mike Piazza: A lock Jim Thome: Probably won't be in. Frank Thomas: Should be in Alex Rodriguez: A lock Ichiro Suzuki: A lock Manny Ramirez: A lock Pedro Martinez: A lock Andy Pettitte: Extreme borderline Julio Franco: Probably will just because of longevity Randy Johnson: A lock What? Ichiro played 10 seasons in Japan, and won 6 batting titles. You could argue that had he played in America in those seasons, he would've been close to 3,000 hits, with about 160 home runs. I think he's a lock for the HOF.
  19. Andruw Jones: With a few more great years, he will probably be. But I don't think he should be. Carlos Delgado: Borderline Ivan Rodriguez: Arguably the greatest catcher ever. A lock. Craig Biggio: A lock Tom Glavine: A lock John Smoltz: A lock Bernie Williams: He'll probably go in, but he doesn't deserve it Ken Griffey, Jr.: A lock Mike Piazza: A lock Jim Thome: Probably won't be in. Frank Thomas: Should be in Alex Rodriguez: A lock Ichiro Suzuki: A lock Manny Ramirez: A lock Pedro Martinez: A lock Andy Pettitte: Extreme borderline Julio Franco: Probably will just because of longevity Randy Johnson: A lock
  20. Wow, that was an impressive performance by the Tigers today.
  21. Do people even think before they post? Alcohol is much worse than drugs. I should know. As we speak, I am slowly killing myself due to a liver disease that will probably catch up to me in 30 years.
  22. Actor Alec Baldwin tries to pass a police cordon near the site where a small aircraft crashed into a high-rise building in New York October 11, 2006. REUTERS/Chip East (UNITED STATES) I think, regardless of what happened, we can all feel safer knowing Alec Baldwin is on the case.
  23. Thats pretty crazy. RIP Thoughts go out to his family.
  24. your cf would be Hanley Ramirez, arguably just as good as anyone available. How is a guy who has played strictly infield and almost exclusively SS his entire professional career at every minor league level arguably as good as career CFs? Especially if the idea is to spend money, you could try a FA like Edmonds or Hunter. Not saying they are likely, but they would be Available per se, especially if we are willing to break out the same checkbook we would for A-Rod, and they are much better options than Hanley at CF. Hanley is a better offensive option than either of them, and Edmonds is way overrated in the field. I'd take Hanley+ARod for 18 million combined over Edmonds/Hunter+Hanley for 12-13 million. It's not even close, really.
  25. Arod next year will be most likely breaking 500 HRs that could be a rather large fan draw BUT HE ONLY HITS IN THE BLOWOUTS!!11 that is why he was mvp and carried the yankees to the playoffs last year.. Sorry but I watch the yankees too as I am a fan of them also. But, he isnt the problem there at all. Crap he is a better SS then the sacred golden nutjob of NYC Jeter. BUT JETER IS CLUTCHIER!!!

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.