Heavy Marlins talk on ESPN right now.

MikeLowell

Even if the Yankees eat up a bunch of A-Rod's contract, wouldn't he still be unaffordable to us?

Realistically, no.

In the new twisted world of David Samson, if he makes more than $3.50, yes.

He's got $66 million over the next 4 years due to him by the Yankees. I have a hard time seeing the Yankees eat a sizeable portion of that (as in more than $10 million total) to get him out of town unless the talent in return is absurd.

A-rod also has a no-trade clause so they can't trade him if he doesn't allow it. Knowing he grew up here it wouldn't surprise me he allow it if they don't want him anymore.

But it is hard for me too believe the marlins will pay 8-10 million a year just on one player and that's after the yankees cover the rest.

Even if the Yankees eat up a bunch of A-Rod's contract, wouldn't he still be unaffordable to us?

Realistically, no.

He's got $66 million over the next 4 years due to him by the Yankees. I have a hard time seeing the Yankees eat a sizeable portion of that (as in more than $10 million total) to get him out of town unless the talent in return is absurd.

$3.50 and not a penny more, but then he will need to cut back the cleaning crew to even things out.

Realistically, no.

$3.50 and not a penny more, but then he will need to cut back the cleaning crew to even things out.

Well, I've heard he has a future in the beverage distribution industry...maybe he could double shift.

Realistically, no.

:lol :lol

Arod at 4 years 66 million is an absolute bargain. A steal for a player with his talent/marketing abilty.

Someone said in the other thread that this would not make a bigger splash than the Shaq deal to the heat. I disagree. Arod is probably the best athlete born and raised in the South Florida area ever, he is hispanic, baseball is more popular than basketball in South Florida, and this town always has embraced spanish athletes, but never really had a superstar. He would be huge down and is the perfect fit.

It just makes too much damn sense.

I think it's gonna happen

I think it comes down to what do we give up in players and money

lol really?

you think its gonna come down to which players and money? :p

:p

I meant as in what players would be required to see this type of deal done and how many of them would it take it to get the yankees to eat a huge chunk of change.

Everyone has been speculating that left and right.

How much money are the yankees willing to eat?

I think it's gonna happen

Buster Olney sure made it sound (at least the way I was listening) that we could get him for less than Dontrelle.

"2 young pitchers, ideally to slot in behind Wang in the rotation."

JJ, Nolasco and one of the fab 5 to get the money down? :whistle (Hey, I can dream).

We wouldnt be paying him 4 years 66 mil anyways, the yankees would eat some. Texas is already paying around 8-10 mil for him. If we got him at around 6 mil a year it would be a steal. I will personally pack dontrells bags for him and drive him to the airport.

:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

They're not going to send over $40 million.