Everything posted by Hammerhead
-
9/30 - Marlins at Nationals - 7 PM
Nice sombrero Bryce
-
9/30 - Marlins at Nationals - 7 PM
105 exit velo, 435 feet
-
9/30 - Marlins at Nationals - 7 PM
Yelich breaking a 2 for 20 slump tonight
-
9/30 - Marlins at Nationals - 7 PM
Bour 7 for last 16
-
Jose tribute tattoo
I'm sure there will be a jersey patch next year opposite the ASG patch. We ready have an embroidered 16 on the jerseys for the rest of this year. Would love to see a lapel pin as well as you said.
-
Fernandez memorial Info
[No message]
-
Fernandez memorial Info
[No message]
-
Fernandez memorial Info
[No message]
-
Fernandez memorial Info
Who he is as a businessman should have no bearing on him as a human. He's always been very pleasant the few times I've spoke to him.
-
Article: Remembering Jose Fernandez (1992-2016)
Brief career recap followed by My personal feelings, which I'm sure echoe a lot of yours.
-
Jose Fernandez dies in boating accident
[No message]
-
9/28 - Mets at Marlins - Home Finale
He has a nice delivery. Deceptive as hell with his arm angle. He just needs to put his breaking stuff together.
-
Jose Fernandez dies in boating accident
Ed was always a very nice dude. I'm fairly certain I saw a few minor leaguers there as well.
-
Jose Fernandez dies in boating accident
[No message]
-
Jose Fernandez dies in boating accident
[No message]
-
Martin Prado Signs 3-Year Extension
This is still a busiess. And there is a very realistic chance we wouldn't have signed Jose this year, if at all. Prado being extended was almost a sure thing due to our depth in the minors and what is available free agency wise, not to mention what Prado means to this team. Signing him now proves that this team is indeed a family. A family which needs it's leader, it's head of household. This is a very timely deal. I like it.
-
Jose Fernandez dies in boating accident
I'll be there tomorrow. Even if there isn't much I f a ceremony it's just going to be so strange with Jose not there greeting hos teammates as they come off the field. I really don't know how we move on
-
Jose Fernandez dies in boating accident
As for the contract, dude had to know he was gonna get paid. I doubt it was anything to do with that. Furthermore, Jose was just such a happy guy. Such a happy person. I highly doubt any of this had anything to do with it
-
Jose Fernandez dies in boating accident
I'm sure they will tomorrow. I got tickets begrudgingly. It shouldn't take something like this to get people in seats. But I need to heal. This is just incomprehensible.
-
Jose Fernandez dies in boating accident
I bought tickets for tomorrow as well as a Jose jersey. All fr the wrong reasons. But I need to never forget this feeling. I need to remember this time in life. I need to be able to tell my kids what it was like to lose this man. It's just it's own unique feeling that is just so terribly hard to explain
-
Jose Fernandez dies in boating accident
I cried for the first time in 10 years today. I don't know why. Matbe it's just because I watched him so much dating back to his days in Jupiter. But I feel like I lost a part of my life. Like I knew this kid. And I didnt. I mean I met him 3-4 tomes, talked to him like he talked to everyone. But I just feel like he was a member of my own family. I remember the first time I saw him. It was in Jupiter. Back in 2012. I watched him throw a few innings and remember saying to myself wow he's gonna be special. Last Tuesday, I watched him do his usual thing in the dugout from my view in diamond club. Interact with teammates and fans all game long, toss out foul balls, sign autos in between innings. I turned to my girlfriend and said that same exact thing. Jose was more than just a great athlete. He was a guy every athlete should model themselves after. So humble, so happy to be where he is, so happy to just be alive. He was such an amazing person and an overall pure soul. I can say that with 100% certainty having personally met him just a few times. My mind and heart can't even fathom what his family is going through if I am going through what I am, including his mom whom he saved from the water during their escape and his grandma who he fought so hard to get here. Then there's his wife to be and his child. Of course you never want to see this happen to anyone, athlete or not but for it to happen to Jose, for me it is extremely devastating. I will miss and remember this man every single day. I thank him for everything he did for me and for this club and for always making me smile when he did. You're the best, Jose.
-
9/23 Braves @ Marlins 7:10 PM
6-11 vs Braves lol
-
9/23 Braves @ Marlins 7:10 PM
Wow, he may have gotten the hand in. Jesus, even when he gets crap jumps he can be safe
-
9/23 Braves @ Marlins 7:10 PM
Rare shit jump by Yefri
-
9/23 Braves @ Marlins 7:10 PM
Eric Gregg? You mean Kevin right?