Martin Prado Signs 3-Year Extension

canada-marlin24

Its a very fair contract. 

Oh absolutely. I'm not saying Prado settled for less than anything fair. I'm saying there may have been a negotation period where Prado and his agent attempted to get more but realized some things are more important than money and being HERE is part of that. I could be wrong but I hope that in general I'm right.

Oh this is beautiful... I dunno what went down but I want to believe, or at least let me believe, that they were unable to agree on terms for months and then this morning Prado just said "gimme that contract, I'll sign it"

Yeah I gotta think that is what happened too. I know once it becomes official Samson and Hill will go more into detail.

Curious as to why? 

I truly believe there's a lot of people wishing Jose had signed a contract and the fact that a contract was executed during the time he's being prepared to be laid to rest doesn't set well with me.  Even though I like this signing and fully expected it to happen, it should have either been done after Thursday or simply not publicized till after the funeral, the latter would have been better.

I truly believe there's a lot of people wishing Jose had signed a contract and the fact that a contract was executed during the time he's being prepared to be laid to rest doesn't set well with me.  Even though I like this signing and fully expected it to happen, it should have either been done after Thursday or simply not publicized till after the funeral, the latter would have been better.

Prado and the team have been working on this for months. They didn't work this up Sunday and Monday. They agreed and ended months of negotiations. I understand your point though.

Prado and the team have been working on this for months. They didn't work this up Sunday and Monday. They agreed and ended months of negotiations. I understand your point though.

Yeah I think his point is just about the timing of the announcement, so I get what he's saying.

I'm still thrilled about this either way, though. I wanted Prado back long before the Jose tragedy. Afterward, I wanted him back more than ever.

I see how it can be interpreted that way.

I see it differently. I see it that Prado realized holding out for a couple million was really stupid when anything can happen and suddenly you aren't able to sign a contract. Also, as leader he's showing the team he wants to be around them. 

Again, I am completely for the contract and understand it wasn't cooked up this past weekend.  My post is the reason for "why" i think the timing is bad, and I get he wanted to sign asap in order for it to be effective, I get the contacts law part of it.  They should have just kept it under wraps until after this week's horrible scheduled events have concluded.

Maybe Loria wants to win a WS in honor to Jose, and he will assemble a bad ass team for next season and this is just the beginning. Glad that Prado will be a marlins for the next 3 seasons to come.

I was kind of thinking the same thing.

What's strange is that you would think without Jose, this team would crumble next season, but it's entirely possible that the polar opposite happens and they channel this energy into a magical 2017 season.

Might be wishful thinking on my part, but it's all we can hold on to right now.

Sorry buddy but if you can't follow ikea instructions there is something wrong with you. It takes a long time because everything is pieced out, but the instructions are so simple they don't even have words lol. 

Seriously, I don't understand the "IKEA is so hard!" take. I have an apartment full of IKEA bullshit, and I have never had a problem assembling (or disassembling) any of it.