Martin Prado Signs 3-Year Extension

Anyone think Jamie Garcia, Gio Gonzalez or Jason Hammell has their club options declined? 

Wow that FA SP class is brutal

Maybe Garcia or Gonzalez.

Garcia has been pretty bad this year, and the dude has always had a hard time staying healthy as it is. Maybe @Das Texan can fill us in on his status with St. Louis, but I could see the Cards letting him walk and him being a relatively affordable pickup on the open market.

As far as Gonzalez goes, yeah, he's been surprisingly unproductive, but his peripherals are still considerably better than this actual results. He probably should bounce back next season, but there's a possibility the Nationals decide to pocket that $12 million and let another team take a chance on him. He'll probably end up getting a fat contract if he hits free agency, but if the Nats do let him go, I'd still go after him. The Marlins need to do something.

Astros (Brad Peacock)

Blue Jays (Francisco Liriano)

Brewers (Matt Garza)

Cardinals (Jaime Garcia)

Cubs (Jason Hammel)

Dodgers (Julio Urias)

Indians (Carlos Carrasco/Danny Salazar)

Mariners (Ariel Miranda)

Mets (Steve Matz)

Nationals (Joe Ross)

Phillies (Alec Asher/look at miilb stats)

Rays (Alex Cobb/this year notwithstanding)

Red Sox (Eduardo Rodriguez)

Reds (Tim Adelman)

Royals (Jason Vargas/injured recently)

Tigers (Daniel Norris)

White Sox (Miguel Gonzalez)

On this list, I'd say there are 11 guaranteed better #5 starters than Koehler (Peacock, Liriano, Garcia, Hammel, Urias, Carrasco, Matz, Ross, Cobb, Rodriguez, Norris). The others are open for some discussion.

I'll say the fact he's been in the rotation for over three years works in Koehler's favor. He is valuable and an acceptable #5. I do however think we could find better and that he is one of the few pieces we have that should be used as trade bait.

To be fair, most of those guys aren't the #5's in their respective rotations.