Everything posted by Mephisto
-
Billy the Marlin Hitchiking
There's other ones too. Like the one in the gym. I dont think their real though, but their pretty damn good.
-
2007 Adopt a Marlin Signup Thread...
count me in
-
Bullpen
I come to this thread just hoping to avoid the schadenfreudeness and what do I find? what are you talkign about? This is problem that warrent to talked about. Even if Julio goes 1,2,3 in that inning. That would have made the problem even tougher to solve, because Tank is going to be on this team when he gets back and someone else on that pen wont, and whoever does goes does down probably wont deserve to go down, but that's life.
-
Dave Krynzel has been outrighted by Arizona
If he dosent sign with anyone It would be nice to have him in AAA just in case. Reggie can go back to AA. Wood can also be send down to clear a spot.
-
Bullpen
Owens has a closer mentality too. He came into spring wanting to get that job unlike Lindstrom who said he would be happy to just make the club. Tank is a bulldog on the mound too and he fits anywhere in the back end of the pen.
-
Bullpen
Pinto is out of options. I think your right. I think Lindstrom is send down. Owens has looked nasty so I think he stays.
-
Bullpen
Honestly right now I think the worst move the marlins made were getting an extra arm such as, Julio for the pen. When Tank comes back I dont think there's anyone else I feel would feel more confidence in giving the ball to in the 9th. It's a shame we gave up Petit when we really didnt have to. All this with Garcia/JJ back yet. When JJ gets back Nolasco/Mitre goes to the pen. We had enough arms in the pen but Beinfest gave in to outside pressure believing we need a expirienced arm closing out games. P.S: none of our guys make it through waivers with Hou, Stl, and Was all with struggling pens.
-
Bullpen
When Tank comes back, who do you send down? I believe Gardner didnt allow a run in the spring and he's continued that so far this season. So who do you send down? Besides Julio the worse pitcher off the pen has being Pinto and he has not allowed a hit so far. So who do you send down?
-
AJ's Cy Young Campaign
Didn't exactly start out well....is he the biggest waste of talent in the league??? ps.....I think Rich Harden will be the AL Cy Young for real. Beckett is not to far behind. To consider our season once depended on these two.
-
Tankersley news
He threw about 20 pitches today in a simulated game, should throw Thursday in a minor league game could be ready to come off the DL on Sunday say Gardner get another scoreless inning in, I wonder if he makes it through waivers (unless he has options left) He could be activated for Saturday's game. He'll meet with the coaches and medical staff on Friday to be evaluated and could then be activated as soon as Saturday.
-
Is it me or is De Aza....
Yeah...sorry but this is a dumb thread. Not even close. I don't know but my mom and dad guessed it on the first try. I asked "Who does De Aza look like?" (Batting) and they both replied "Luis". It's because you guys havent "watched" him yet. Did they both say luis because both players are black? hah, I was thinking that too One of my friends said he looked like juan pierre... He isnt compared to Lee because he isnt 6'5'', Delgado because he doesnt weight 260 or Mo Vaughn because he doesnt weigh 380... Castillo, Pierre and De Aza are similar builds and shades of skin color. Not all black people look the same. That's not the reason I'm saying he looks like Castillo. No one said Reggie looked like pierre last season. You peple probably never paid attention to how luis acted through out his at bat's to not see how similar they are.
-
Is it me or is De Aza....
While we're talking about De Aza I hope he shortens his name too Alex De Aza, because i dont think I can stand Rich Waltz saying Alejandro De Aza all year long. Its bad enough with them messing up Anibal's name.
-
Is it me or is De Aza....
Isn't it a little early for the comparisons, to anything, for De Aza? I hope he succeeds, I really do, but I think it'll be incredible if he can manage to hit above .260 this year...so let's calm down with all the rookie of the year thoughts and the comparisons to some of our franchise's all-timers. we just talking about his approach/style at the plate which is very similar to that of Castillo's.
-
Is it me or is De Aza....
Luis Castillo's clone (I am not talking about De Aza's potential)? I swear, when I watched De Aza bat I felt like I was watching Luis Castillo bat. They both have the same batting stance, they both are slap hitters - Everything about him was Castillo like. Anyone notice? yea i posted this same thing in the other De Aza thread. Just the way he stands at the plate and steps out after every pitch to take the sign. Kinda cool, and from what I've heard he's a guy that will steal bases but is not the fastest guy, but gets great jumps kind of like Luis.
-
4/3 - Marlins @ Nationals - 7:05 PM
The nats are so stupid. They should have traded Soriano for some pitching prospects. They have enough hitting but dont have any pitching.
-
World's tallest man gets married
He has big hands which means he wears big gloves...
-
Rival
I dislike(hate is a strong word) met fans the most, but the team I dislike the most has to be the Phillies. They always seems to be right with us in the standings be it at the bottom or the wild card, and how can you forget the brawls and bad blood between the two teams.
-
World's tallest man gets married
He has big hands
-
Jim Souhan: Castillo will beat you 'til it hurts
Man I miss Luis is so much i wish he could have stayed around he's my all time favorite fish. I'll never forget those DP with sea bass and that 35 game hitting streak. Also miss Mike Redmond BTW. Both play game the right way.
-
Andy Fox replaces Perry Hill!
I loved this hiring. I remember that when he was with us he and mordi would also help out with the coaching. In fact the only other guy i would have prefer would have being mordi.
-
Race for the 5th starter spot
This is great ramp, thanks. BTW is pinto competing for the job or they already decide to keep him in the pen? I imagine that since we haven't heard a peep of him starting that he's going to be opening in the pen. We need a situational lefty and Tank will either setup or close. Using Tank as merely situational would be a waste of our team's best reliever from last year. I agree that Tank is too talented to use as a situational lefty, but so is Pinto.
-
Race for the 5th starter spot
This is great ramp, thanks. BTW is pinto competing for the job or they already decide to keep him in the pen?
-
UM considers move from Orange Bowl to Dolphin Stadium
It looks like the USA might get the world cup in 2018, and if it does the orange bowl should renovate to become more suitable for soccer. The best thing for the orange bowl might be to lure a soccer club there and forget about UM.
-
Rick VandenHurk
Do you guys think Rick is ready for AA?
-
Chris Reitsma
c/o Mlb.com Dec. 30: The South Florida Sun-Sentinel reports that Reitsma has offers on the table from six teams, but the Marlins aren't one of them. Agent Mike Paolercio said, "We're considering two or three one-year deals and two or three multi-year situations. Each one of them offers different advantages and disadvantages." The righty was 1-2 with an 8.68 ERA for the Braves in 2006, an injury-marred season that ended early with elbow surgery.