Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MarlinsBaseball.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Bullpen

Featured Replies

When Tank comes back, who do you send down? I believe Gardner didnt allow a run in the spring and he's continued that so far this season. So who do you send down? Besides Julio the worse pitcher off the pen has being Pinto and he has not allowed a hit so far. So who do you send down?

If it were up to me, and DFA'ing Julio is not a possibility, I'd send down whoever gets less work out of Lindstrom/Owens with the inevitable Julio DFA bringing that player back up.

 

But I think Beinfest tries passing Gardner through waivers, or Gregg.

  • Author

Honestly right now I think the worst move the marlins made were getting an extra arm such as, Julio for the pen. When Tank comes back I dont think there's anyone else I feel would feel more confidence in giving the ball to in the 9th. It's a shame we gave up Petit when we really didnt have to. All this with Garcia/JJ back yet. When JJ gets back Nolasco/Mitre goes to the pen. We had enough arms in the pen but Beinfest gave in to outside pressure believing we need a expirienced arm closing out games.

 

P.S: none of our guys make it through waivers with Hou, Stl, and Was all with struggling pens.

P.S: none of our guys make it through waivers with Hou, Stl, and Was all with struggling pens.

 

Gardner is the only arm we'd send down that'd have to clear. Owens/Lindstrom/Pinto all have options left.

  • Author

Pinto is out of options. I think your right. I think Lindstrom is send down. Owens has looked nasty so I think he stays.

yea... there really is no one who should be sent down besides our closer... go figure. From the quotes i've heared from gonzalez and mike hill it seems that they like Gardner and he reminds them of borowski. (which it very true) It'll be interesting. We could pray and hope for a miracle and Julio gets traded to a despirate team. But that appears to be about a 1% possibility right now.

 

no way owens gets sent down... i think it's obvious that fredi likes him and that he would have been (and should be) our closer.

  • Author

Owens has a closer mentality too. He came into spring wanting to get that job unlike Lindstrom who said he would be happy to just make the club. Tank is a bulldog on the mound too and he fits anywhere in the back end of the pen.

  • Author

I come to this thread just hoping to avoid the schadenfreudeness and what do I find?

what are you talkign about? This is problem that warrent to talked about. Even if Julio goes 1,2,3 in that inning. That would have made the problem even tougher to solve, because Tank is going to be on this team when he gets back and someone else on that pen wont, and whoever does goes does down probably wont deserve to go down, but that's life.

Owens has a closer mentality too. He came into spring wanting to get that job unlike Lindstrom who said he would be happy to just make the club. Tank is a bulldog on the mound too and he fits anywhere in the back end of the pen.

I'd like to see Owens closing with Tank as the setup guy along with Messenger. But I probably won't get what I want

I come to this thread just hoping to avoid the schadenfreudeness and what do I find?

 

This whole "schadenfreudeness" schtick is getting old. This is a message board. How is it schadenfreud to say we think a player will probably hurt us and point out when it happens, against the worst team in baseball and in a pitcher's park to top it all off? Speaking for myself, I don't enjoy watching Julio take the mound. I hope he can turn it around but I think given his past and what he has shown so far he will probably continue to hurt us if he is given a chance.

Wood seems like the logical guy... not a pressing need to have Amezaga, Boone and Wood on the same bench. Carry a bunch of arms and go with who is pitching well.

How long is it till Tank is back? I imagine that by then either:

 

-someone else in the pen will screw up and become a possible target to be sent down.

-Julio may prove himself, or may further convince the FO to send him down

-or Julio may simply pitch well enough to be tradeable

 

I think we need more than three games before we are decing who gets sent down.

Jeez, can we all calm down for a minute and at least give Julio a week before deciding he has to go? I know a lot of you just don't think he's very good, and he certainly looked awful yesterday, but are we going to have a "get rid of so-and-so" thread after every loss or every time someone gives up a run? I'm not the biggest Julio fan in the world, but i'm willing to give him more than then the inning and a third he has pitched so far this year.

gregg gets picked up in a second...there's no wqay he's sent down. it's probably gardner

 

I agree. I would rather keep Gregg over Julio or Messenger. Gregg is the only experienced reliver in our bullpen that has had some success in the big leagues. Of course, I think Lindstrom, Owens, Pinto, Tank, and the rest of the young guys have more of a future with the team and more upside.

Send down Lindstrom. Let Gardner have his shot. I'd imagine he blows up in 4-5 appearances anyways, but if not hey. Great for us for not starting one of the kids service time.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.