Everything posted by NOTtheILMarlins
-
7/15/12 Nats @ Marlins 1:10
Team sucks.
-
7/14 Post game
I think Cishek is my favorite player.
-
Top ways to get rid of Heath Bell
David Samson responded to my email following Bell's most recent save and the fact that he should be replaced: I appreciate that you are a fan. I am confident that our second half will be better. The disappointment that we all feel is tempered by the fact that we are still in the race for a playoff spot and the history of our players’ performance suggests things are going to get better. Thank you for the e-mail. Regards, David ---- LOL david. Whats wrong with that letter. A Marlins top official actually makes himself available and takes the time to answer your email, and you hound him for providing a realistic and expected statement. I'm actually very curious to see the email you sent to him. It's not like he's going to respond back, "Heath Bell sucks balls and he's a fat ass" like some of you seem to expect. Who said anything was wrong with what he said!?!?!?!?!?!?1111 Relax. The problem is nothing is being done.
-
07/13/2012 Washington Nationals @ Miami Marlins --07:10PM EST
Hopefully Bell doesn't pitch the 9th and hopefully Ozzie Guillen isn't soft, but the first half says otherwise.
-
Top ways to get rid of Heath Bell
David Samson responded to my email following Bell's most recent save and the fact that he should be replaced: I appreciate that you are a fan. I am confident that our second half will be better. The disappointment that we all feel is tempered by the fact that we are still in the race for a playoff spot and the history of our players’ performance suggests things are going to get better. Thank you for the e-mail. Regards, David ---- LOL david.
- Stanton out of ASG, surgery Sunday
-
Top ways to get rid of Heath Bell
It's funny to consider that Leo had an 81% success rate as our closer over three years, and nearly everyone in this fanbase was clamoring for the team to acquire an established closer. Careful what you wish for, folks. I see what you're saying and I know and agree with your view about paying big $ for closers but Bells performance is outside of any reasonable projection. Yes he showed signs of regression, but not enough to have a season like this. Even Leo wasn't this bad.
-
Thoughts on the first half and moving forward.
Feel like we should create an actual thread instead of just posting on post game threads. What did you like? What didn't you like? What do you want to team to do moving forward? Expectations?
-
7/8 Post Game
If Ozzie Guillen was not too busy getting drunk after every game (his own admission) he would have the foresight to see that there is only one man on this team who should be closing for us...Steve Cishek. I know Leo Nunez is coming back, but he would be better off in a less stressful role, such as an 8th inning man. I honestly do not see anyone else but Cishek who can step up to the plate link? haha that cannot possibly be true. (him admitting it, at least)He said it. It was said, it's in the first episode of the franchise as well.
-
7/8 Post Game
Manny Navarro �@Manny_Navarro Heath Bell takes blame for 10 #Marlins losses in 1st half, said it's his fault team isn't well over .500. --- Yet he's still coming into games.
-
7/8 Post Game
Wasn't Loria the one who wanted Bell? Yep and its the job of Beinfest, Samson and Hill to talk him out of that crap. Yeah, I don't think they're going to go against what their boss says. If he fires them, and they are worth anything they will find other jobs. If they can't, then it's not a bad thing they are gone. If Loria is such a bad owner that he is that much of a meglomanic then don't expect too much from this franchise unless they just happen to get lucky (like 2003) My brief 2 cents: - Marlins have got a home. Loria built a great stadium. After all he is not that bad owner. - He loves baseball. He's an artist. He has swinging mood and micromanagement attitude. - Samson is the joker face of the franchise but we can do nothing about him. The franchise can hide him. - Beinfest's job is to have Loria's best hand but should filter his ideas. He is the pro face of the franchise. His job was to build a team. Beinfest fails big time in the past 5 years: (1) the farm system has become empty and (2) the Marlins, a major league team, has no core you can build on... His first year here he one a WS but yea other then that I kind of agree. Not a lot of progress.
-
7/8 Post Game
Ozzie says in the video that he "stands behind" Heath Bell It was tongue in cheek he also said he will make "drastic" moves. Going on the all star break he's going to decide who's going to close out games. It sounds like it might come down to what Mr. Pres says, which he has also disapproved of Heath Bell saying he reached his blown save limit.
-
Hanley hurts himself
Showtime 2012: God is testing him, but he just wants to shove it up their ass.
-
7/8 Post Game
Lomo should have been replaced by Scott Cousins. Another piece of idiocy by Ozzie. I think everyone should start to realize LoMo is best at 1B and if he can improve his offensive numbers which he has been doing I think next year's solution would be to play him at 1B not in LF. He is such a liability out there it pains me watching him chase down balls, run into walls, bobble the ball before he throws. He is NOT going to 1st base now that Lee is here, so get over that for now.....It's not happening. I didn't say this year I said next year, Lee won't be here next year. I don't like LoMo in the outfield he doesn't know how to play it, thats not for lack of effort but he's a 1B mold if there ever was one.
-
7/8 Post Game
Samson is done and so is Ozzie (I think). I don't expect to see Bell closing again for a long time, I hope at least from what twitter is saying. (I don't mean LoMo) If they fire Samson, its only 1/3 of who needs to go. Take Beinfest and Hill too. I mean they are done with Bell, I wasn't talking about them in general. Samson said bell has reached his limit of 5 blown saves whatever in the hell that means (yes I mean to use poorish grammar).
-
Hanley hurts himself
I would like the forum board to know... I hate Hanley the most.
-
7/8 Post Game
Lomo should have been replaced by Scott Cousins. Another piece of idiocy by Ozzie. I think everyone should start to realize LoMo is best at 1B and if he can improve his offensive numbers which he has been doing I think next year's solution would be to play him at 1B not in LF. He is such a liability out there it pains me watching him chase down balls, run into walls, bobble the ball before he throws.
-
7/8 Post Game
joe capozzi �@joecapMARLINS Ozzie mad at Hanley for cutting his finger when he hit a cooling fan in dugout after an at bat #Marlins Hanley's an ass hat. :lol
-
7/8 Post Game
Samson is done and so is Ozzie (I think). I don't expect to see Bell closing again for a long time, I hope at least from what twitter is saying. (I don't mean LoMo)
-
7/8 Post Game
Manny Navarro �@Manny_Navarro #Marlins manager Ozzie Guillen furious with Hanley Ramirez for injuring himself. Also said Bell/closer situation must be resolved ------- No f***ing shit!!!!!!!!!
-
7/8 Post Game
[ozzie]this team is better with Heath Bell as our closer[/ozzie] f*** off, if he said that he's a bigger jack ass than Heath Bell.
-
7/8 Post Game
From a LOGICAL standpoint, when will this end? Anyone thinking clearly would not honestly continue to send Bell out there. The contract is what sucks soooooooo bad.
-
July 8 - Marlins at Cardinals - 2:15
Ozzie Guillen is at fault here he had two chances to take Bell out, Bell will probably be like oh yea you should take me out next game and force Guillen to do it, it ruins the game with this sh*t, if I was a position player i would be getting tired of the same act every time.
-
7/8 Post Game
Son of a God damned whore nun. Buck, block the f***ing plate on that last ball. LoMo, get the ball to the plate faster, you had an indecision out there whether to throw it or not. Bell ... THROW SOME f***ING STRIKES! Sorry Charlie. This is 100% on the fat pig. It is, yes, but we could have had extras if Buck blocks the plate there, and if Morrison gets rid of the ball IMMEDIATELY on that play. We shouldn't have to worry about the 9th inning like this every game, I wish the FO would take it out of Ozzie's hands and just say send him down, he's no good up here when he can't pitch.
-
7/8 Post Game
Ozzie Guillen is a retard, he's not a good manager and he's not fit to be our manager, I don't know why he's here he should retire he never argues anything it's just oh well I'll send Bell out there to lose it next time. What a f***ing prick. Bell sucks I'm tired of having to watch the same f***ing show every game. Logan Morrison needs to learn how to play defense he f***s up every game doing something stupid, mishandling the ball what not. This team is retarded too a failed hit n run sign in the 8th are you joking me? f*** this team, what a bunch of ass monkeys. And f*** Hanley Ramirez he's the worst of them all.