Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MarlinsBaseball.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

NOTtheILMarlins

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by NOTtheILMarlins

  1. Bad example. He's going to the Angels then.. lol.. The California Angels!! I'm glad I wasn't the only one who picked up on that. haha
  2. It does seem like the Marlins were used here. Are we certain though that the Cardinals have matched the Marlins' offer? I'm having trouble understanding how much the Cards increased their initial bid. Jon Heyman tweeted that the Cardinals offered a similar deal to Pujols around 220 million and many have said the Marlins would either need to give more years or 30 to 40 million more. All twitter talk and rumors albeit.
  3. Pujols was totally using us. Can you blame him? It took the Marlins to make the Cards realize they were going to lose him. So it looks like they gave into his demands anyway....says a lot about the Cards though. So he wanted the Cards more than they wanted him.
  4. Fielder then Gio and I'm happy.
  5. Indecision 2011 A movie about a greedy man who swings a bat, I like it.
  6. A lineup with Kinsler, Andrus, Hamilton, Prince, Cruz, Beltre, Napoli, Young... really Texas? Home run record, anyone? Kinsler can hit 30+, Andrus can pop out maybe 5, Hamilton through Beltre all have the ability to bop out 40, and Napoli just hit 30 last year, plus Young can still hit about 15-20... Good Lord. Stanton will hit more than all of them combined. IDK, I don't see Stanton hitting 240+ homers next year. lol
  7. Lots of buzz in Dallas that the Pujols decision is shifting strongly in the #Cardinals direction. -Crasnick He needs to decide soon so the FO can turn the page and focus their attention on others who will actually sign here. Also very proud of the FO for the push they made for Pujols even if we don't end up getting him, really nice to see.
  8. A lineup with Kinsler, Andrus, Hamilton, Prince, Cruz, Beltre, Napoli, Young... really Texas? Yea ridiculous... probably best hitting lineup seen in a while, although it seems like Texas always has some big bats.
  9. Fielder will end up getting more $/yr than Pujols. Much more competitive market. At least 5 teams (Nats, Rangers, Cubs, Angels, Brewers), if not more will be in on Fielder, there have really only really been 2-3 for Pujols all along. Actually, JimBowdenESPNxm JIM BOWDEN Mariners are now front=runners on Fielder with Milw,Cubs & Tor all wanting shorter term deals....stay tuned Jon_Heyman Jon Heyman #rangers seem like threat to swoop in and win prince. Great team and park for him. Nolan ryan does not love ultra-long deals tho Was this supposed to show me that what I said isn't correct, because if so, it's doing the EXACT opposite Eh... you were missing a few teams and the main one albeit according to twitter sources.
  10. Fielder will end up getting more $/yr than Pujols. Much more competitive market. At least 5 teams (Nats, Rangers, Cubs, Angels, Brewers), if not more will be in on Fielder, there have really only really been 2-3 for Pujols all along. Actually, JimBowdenESPNxm JIM BOWDEN Mariners are now front=runners on Fielder with Milw,Cubs & Tor all wanting shorter term deals....stay tuned Jon_Heyman Jon Heyman #rangers seem like threat to swoop in and win prince. Great team and park for him. Nolan ryan does not love ultra-long deals tho Oh God no, another bat in Texas...
  11. Fielder will end up getting more $/yr than Pujols. Much more competitive market. At least 5 teams (Nats, Rangers, Cubs, Angels, Brewers), if not more will be in on Fielder, there have really only really been 2-3 for Pujols all along. Actually, JimBowdenESPNxm JIM BOWDEN Mariners are now front=runners on Fielder with Milw,Cubs & Tor all wanting shorter term deals....stay tuned
  12. If neither Pujols or Fielder are signed we better get more than just Buehrle. Still looking for that legit #2. Green with envy, and money. This. I will be disappointed if we just get Buehrle and call it an offseason. Reyes and bell...f***ing miami sports fans. .... It would be a disappointment considering how big of a situation this is if thats all we get, especially considering starting pitching was a big concern. I don't really understand why Bell was signed first either. Did we get a set of steel hamstrings with the Reyes signing as well? Typical Miami sports fan. More of a Marlins fan if anything, but yes. It's nice that we are finally spending money.
  13. If neither Pujols or Fielder are signed we better get more than just Buehrle. Still looking for that legit #2. Green with envy, and money. This. I will be disappointed if we just get Buehrle and call it an offseason. Reyes and bell...f***ing miami sports fans. .... It would be a disappointment considering how big of a situation this is if thats all we get, especially considering starting pitching was a big concern. I don't really understand why Bell was signed first either. Did we get a set of steel hamstrings with the Reyes signing as well?
  14. Samson says #Marlins rotation is ready to go "as is." That indicates they want Pujols more than starter. -Morosi SHUT UP DAVID /facepalm
  15. If neither Pujols or Fielder are signed we better get more than just Buehrle. Still looking for that legit #2. Green with envy, and money.
  16. Sources por favor iLmarlins Buster_ESPN Buster Olney No final decision in place, but there is a growing sense among some of officials involved in Pujols talks that he is staying with St. Louis. Jon_Heyman Jon Heyman Feeling is, with offers both $200-220M, cardinals favored for pujols. #marlins are making great try but eyeing other options now, in case
  17. EDIT: Many people on twitter think that the Cardinals counter offer will be enough to keep him in St. Louis. Still no one knows. I'm happy either way, because while Pujols would be great we still need pitching.
  18. I would agree with you all about pitching if we didn't have the line-up that we would potentially have. 1. Reyes 2. Boni 3. Hanley 4. Pujols 5. Stanton 6. LoMo 7. Buck 8. Infante If we were a small-ball sort of team, then yes, pitching would be needed to win games. But we would transform into a mashing, smashing line-up where we can afford to give up 4 or 5 runs from a SP and still probably be in it to win the ballgame. Let's not forget that we have an excellent bullpen with a legitimate closer for the first time in years. Yes, of course, it would be nice if our rotation was stronger, but if we sign Pujols it doesn't have to be. Looking at that lineup just makes me smile. If we turn into a Texas Rangers type offense the pitching wouldn't have to be as great day in and day out until the team gets into the playoffs when they would really start facing great pitching and the pitchers would be needed to have stellar outings. Then again the Rangers have been to two world series in a row. The more I think about it the more I see Pujols coming to Miami he himself is a huge marketing tool and in a way I would almost take a chance on him because of the financial benefits as opposed to playing it safer and just going after a C.J. Wilson. (Who is still expensive) All this being said we still need solid pitching to compete and a consistent #2 would be nice I feel like LeBlanc can fill the #5 roll.
  19. I'm almost now expecting to wake up in the morning to read that Albert is ours Yeas, after the Reyes deal I am convinced we found gold at the orange bowl site, which actually has value as opposed to the U.S. dollar right now. Also we will need Pujols to afford another starting pitcher after he is signed. (Pujols puts butts in the seats for another 5 years at least = cash flow)
  20. If it wasn't about money, he would have signed last year. Winner.
  21. I have a feeling Pujols will pass, and the Marlins will end up over paying for Reyes who is injury prone. Although that is pessimistic, I need the Marlins to prove to me this time things are different. Pujols to the Marlins is the best thing that could happen.
  22. Looks fine except for the pants.
  23. Giving up Baker for a southpaw = Good move! I think we will end up winning this trade, but I wish the best for Baker!
  24. The people on MLBTR are idiots. It really hurts my head going there sometimes. I don't even know why I try anymore. It's like they salivate at an opportunity to trash the Marlins. We offer Pujols a 'lucrative' deal and we're stupid for making it so long and expensive We offer Pujols less than the Cardinals and we're cheap We don't spend money and they whine that Loria is pocketing cash We show we're going to spend money and they don't believe it or believe we're stupid for how we're spending it We actually spend money and _____________ I'm looking forward to a topic about us officially signing Reyes. It'll be the quietest topic in MLBTR history. Do you blame them? I'm still waiting for something to happen. The new stadium was a good start. Hearing reports that Pujols was offered $225 million only to find out it wasn't true isn't good, although I suppose it should have been obvious if you follow the team. Someone thought they found gold after excavating the Orange Bowl site, made me chuckle.
  25. Good for him, he deserved the award he was the best pitcher in the league this year.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.