April 4, 200422 yr I just checked ticket master and the best two seats they have are in sec 422 row 12 which is dead away center field. They are only like 3 sections left to sell. Now lets see how they do the rest of opening week. I am interested to see how many people go on saturday.
April 4, 200422 yr I'm suppose to go on friday,but my freaking cousin ain't pick up the phone luckily today we have a party in my house therefore im'a have to talk to him,and maybe we'll go buy some tickets!
April 4, 200422 yr That's good news, let's hope we can keep our attendance way above last year's numbers.
April 4, 200422 yr Just a heads up: Thursday is Dontrelle's first start of the year, hopefully we pack the Pro for that one too...
April 4, 200422 yr Just a heads up: Thursday is Dontrelle's first start of the year, hopefully we pack the Pro for that one too... I thought everyone was coming on Thursday to celebrate my birthday
April 4, 200422 yr 2.15 million should be a goal. thats's almost 26,600 people a game. MLB is expecting 73,000,000 people to got to baseball games this year thats about 30,000 people a game average for mlb. if it was last year we could be overall between 17-18 of all the teams. 67,000,000 people went to mlb games last year. last years attendance could have been higher if the marlins hadn't started off so bad. attendace could have been close to 1.9 million.
April 4, 200422 yr I just checked ticket master and the best two seats they have are in sec 422 row 12 which is dead away center field. They are only like 3 sections left to sell. Now lets see how they do the rest of opening week. I am interested to see how many people go on saturday. Saturday isn't looking anywhere near as good as opening day. There are still seats left in the upper deck behind home plate.
April 4, 200422 yr Saturday can't be compared to Opening day though.. It's still super exciting (and God knows I want Saturday to come around already), but it'll get there.....we won't get 60k...but 40k....yes....most definitely.
April 4, 200422 yr I have a feeling Saturday will be big, because I think on opening day they'll hype it up and in the Friday/Saturday papers there'll be some adds too. Walk-up is gonna be big for that game...
April 4, 200422 yr we're expecting 40-45k on saturday...... I honestly can't wait til Saturday....the countdown begins....
April 4, 200422 yr Hey, true -- Your anticipation wouldn't have anything to do with the bling, now would it?
April 5, 200422 yr Just for the heck of it I checked and the best available seat (checked for 1 seat) is in section 419. 419 are the worst possible seats for baseball, they are in a corner, all the way up at the top of the stadium (centerfield) and don't face the field of play, they face the rightfield seats. You have to believe they are getting close to 60,000 seats sold.
April 5, 200422 yr Hey, true -- Your anticipation wouldn't have anything to do with the bling, now would it? NEVER!!!!! :whistle
April 5, 200422 yr My friend just got opening day tickets today and they say limited viewing on them (sec 418 I think) so I really wouldnt be surprised to see 67k at the Pro on Tuesday.
April 5, 200422 yr They are selling section 419 now, which is just about straight away center field. This one could be a sellout by tomorrow....but if not, certainly will be by game time. Plenty of seats available for Saturday, ring day......hopefully we will have a large walk up crowd for a Saturday game.
April 5, 200422 yr Author 51,000 so far is good. So by tomorrow morning they could be at around 53,000 since they are selling at more than 1,000 a day. Then add a walk up of 7,000 to get 60,000. That would be a great turn out, it would actually be equal to the past two opening day crowds combined. If we get 40,000 on saturday that will be really good as well since crowds like that were unheard of last year. Question for 1true fan, what are you expecting for the other 4 games of opening week?
April 6, 200422 yr Alright, Friday and Sunday are looking pretty dang good...especially since they are Religious dates for Catholics (Good Friday and Easter).....Infield Box and Club A's are all gone for the two dates.....As for Wednesday and Thursday night, expect 15k.
April 6, 200422 yr 15k is better than 10k last year versus philadelphia. consider getting 15k for a game versus the expos during the week is a blessing.
April 6, 200422 yr I don't know about 2.2 million...wouldn't mind but it all depends on the fans down here...they've shown the team pretty good support for this opening week..so it wouldn't surprise me.....but I think 2 million is definitely reachable...we have a strong team.
April 6, 200422 yr I was at the stadium today (I got to see the parachutists praciting their routine) and sales was really downplaying a physical sell-out.
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.