Minor League note

fauowls44

Howard has better raw talent than Wayne, but it would be better for him if he could hang out in Albuquerque for awhile to get his control worked out...besides I dont see Wayne pitching any important innings, so might as well let him pitch some ML innings to see what hes got.

I just think a guy with Howard's type of stuff is better suited to pitch the 7th than Wayne(or Bump for that matter). Defend Wayne all you want, but they still need one more power arm in the pen. That arm doesn't have to be Howard, but they need to find someone. They can't run Fox out there every day and i'll take my chances with a guy that throws in the mid 90's(like Howard) to a pitcher like Wayne that's not going to miss any bats. You saw it today with Bump. He wouldn't challange the hitters out there with an 88-90 mph fastball and walked 2 straight batters.

Wayne had an awsome spring. I don't really think it was a fluke either considering he changed alot of things about his approach and mechanics.

his spring was "awesome" until he got lit up by the mets... which is why small sample sizes for relievers are totally meaningless.

his overall spring training performance was mediocre (average ERA and low strikeouts), and it sucked if you average in the albuquerque game that luckily wasn't counted.

theres a reason why he's the only reliever who hasnt come out of the pen once all season... eh, hopefully we can run up the score against the spos so we can see that "stuff" he hasnt had since the minors 2 years ago.

Wayne had an awsome spring. I don't really think it was a fluke either considering he changed alot of things about his approach and mechanics.

his spring was "awesome" until he got lit up by the mets... which is why small sample sizes for relievers are totally meaningless.

his overall spring training performance was mediocre (average ERA and low strikeouts), and it sucked if you average in the albuquerque game that luckily wasn't counted.

theres a reason why he hasnt come out of the pen once all season... eh, hopefully we can run up the score against the spos so we can see that "stuff" he hasnt had since the minors 2 years ago. Exactly. I hope he proves me wrong if he must be used, but Wayne is not a Major League pitcher. He has an average fastball at best and an uneffective breaking ball. The coaching staff knows this, and that's why he hasn't been used. Howard pitching in relief in AAA is further evidence of this. Once he throws a few more good innings, Wayne will be on the bus back to the minors.