April 30, 200422 yr Will they be extending the Metrorail to near the stadium? It would seem like a great idea, lessens some of the parking issues, also makes it easier for people from the north to come down, by using tri-rail
April 30, 200422 yr As part of the People's Transportation Plan that was passed as a .5% sales tax increase, several new Metrorail lines are planned, including an east-west line that would have a station by the Orange Bowl. The improvements are scheduled to take place between 2003 and 2025. When each line would be built and in what order remains to be seen. For more info about this, go to http://www.miamidade.gov/trafficrelief/about_plan.asp#rapid
April 30, 200422 yr As part of the People's Transportation Plan that was passed as a .5% sales tax increase, several new Metrorail lines are planned, including an east-west line that would have a station by the Orange Bowl. The improvements are scheduled to take place between 2003 and 2025. When each line would be built and in what order remains to be seen. I think this deal could speed things up when it comes to putting a Metro Rail line near the Orange Bowl :mischief They know traffic is going to be a nightmare there and that is going to be a major reason as to why people do not come down to see the games. So IF they are smart, it'll be one of the first lines layed down.
April 30, 200422 yr fastest way to get to the new park: ride metro, walk over yeah, traffic is gonna be awful
April 30, 200422 yr I know that when the original plans for a conjoined stadium at the OB was announced a while back, they had mentioned that there was going to be a metrorail stop added at the site. I'm sure they will find a way to set up a stop at the new stadium. I like the idea of taking the train to the park. Go Marlins and Go Samson, While many complain about Samson and Loria (fat HAnk) they have brought us a World Series, kept the core of the team together and now are close to finalizing a stadium deal. They might not be as wealthy as other owners, but these guys have put their money where their mouth is.
April 30, 200422 yr I know that when the original plans for a conjoined stadium at the OB was announced a while back, they had mentioned that there was going to be a metrorail stop added at the site. I'm sure they will find a way to set up a stop at the new stadium. I like the idea of taking the train to the park. Go Marlins and Go Samson, While many complain about Samson and Loria (fat HAnk) they have brought us a World Series, kept the core of the team together and now are close to finalizing a stadium deal. They might not be as wealthy as other owners, but these guys have put their money where their mouth is. Who cares what Fat Hank says. He claims to be a big fan of the team and have season tickets and yadda yadda, but I've heard more *****ing from him about this team than anyone else and I'm so sick of it. He's got to be THE most negative person on the radio. :thumbdown
April 30, 200422 yr I know that when the original plans for a conjoined stadium at the OB was announced a while back, they had mentioned that there was going to be a metrorail stop added at the site. I'm sure they will find a way to set up a stop at the new stadium. I like the idea of taking the train to the park. Go Marlins and Go Samson, While many complain about Samson and Loria (fat HAnk) they have brought us a World Series, kept the core of the team together and now are close to finalizing a stadium deal. They might not be as wealthy as other owners, but these guys have put their money where their mouth is. According to the information provided by the People's Transportation Plan, the first 2 lines to be constructed are: East-West Corridor which will run along 836 from FIU to Airport to Downtown, with a stop at the Orange Bowl. and North Corridor along 27th Avenue to PPS. These lines are ready to enter the final design and construction phase. I doubt whether they can build them in time for 2007, but soon after would be fine with me.
April 30, 200422 yr does this transportation plan include making the metrorail suck less? i would still use it to go to games if i had no other way. besides i hate driving.
April 30, 200422 yr does this transportation plan include making the metrorail suck less? i would still use it to go to games if i had no other way. besides i hate driving. I would think so. Check it out for yourself. People's Transportation Plan
April 30, 200422 yr I don't understand why people say the OB can handle 60,000+ while the same area cannot handle a ballpark with 38,000 max.
April 30, 200422 yr fastest way to get to the new park: ride metro, walk over yeah, traffic is gonna be awful Traffic when there is 50,000 people at the Orange Bowl is almost nothing. Why should it be horrendous when its 20,000-30,000 it will be like theres no problem. If you have ever been to a UM-Temple game or other Division Two no name school, then you know what I am talking about.
April 30, 200422 yr According to the information provided by the People's Transportation Plan, the first 2 lines to be constructed are: East-West Corridor which will run along 836 from FIU to Airport to Downtown, with a stop at the Orange Bowl. and North Corridor along 27th Avenue to PPS. These lines are ready to enter the final design and construction phase. I doubt whether they can build them in time for 2007, but soon after would be fine with me. That would be great for me. I would love to have a metrorail line to take me directly there.
April 30, 200422 yr If anything, the powers-that-be would be even more motivated to build the East-West Corridor now that there may be two facilities in the same area, if anything, for the PR value of improving the accessibility of that area. They wouldn't want to hear complaints about people having trouble getting around (not that some wouldn't stop complaining anyway, but you get my point ).
April 30, 200422 yr yeah this metro rail extension won;'t be done for years, so for now the shuttle from culmer is simple takes 5 minutes
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.