Memorable Concerts

MiRi

For me, I can't choose just one.

? I went to see Gloria Estefan back in '96 in Atlanta right before the Olympics. I had a lot of fun.

? I saw Marc Anthony last year at the AAA. Amazing show. I am planning on going to see him again this year.

? I saw 'N Sync in 2000. I had a blast and it's definitely one of the most memorable times in my life. (yea yea yea.... don't laugh :p )

? I went to the Y-100 Jingle Ball one year. We saw Shakira (one of my favorite female singers), Jewel (who is a great musician but at the concert, was actually kind of boring), & Smash Mouth (who was just plain amazing).

? Sugar Ray was a lot fun (and cheap too... I saw them at Gulfstream Park last summer).

? In March, I went to see Clay Aiken & Kelly Clarkson at the AAA. Great show.

I am dying to see Korn & Linkin Park. They're going to be at WPB in August with Snoop. I am going to see if I can make it. I also want to go see Madonna when she's here in town, but it's way too much $$. :(

my favorite concerts in order:

#1: Last January at the Handlebar in Greenville, I saw Drive-By Truckers. Best concert I've ever been to...ever. Simply amazing.

#2: Lynyrd Skynyrd and .38 Special at Littlejohn Coliseum in Clemson, SC....awesome time...went with about 8 guys, and my brother came up. And a friend of mine got drunk and danced with some nasty lady with like 2 teeth.

#3: Charlie Daniels concert in Asheville, NC. Awesome concert, he still knows how to play.

#4: Cast Iron Filter last weekend at Myrtle Beach. I was only there for a little over half, but tons of hot girls (which I knew, because it was at a joint frat party--KA, which is my frat, and SAE). Dancing with a particular hot girl for about 8 songs to CIF is :thumbup .

#5: Dale Earnhardt Tribute Concert last summer at Daytona International Speedway. Got to see Alabama on their farewell tour, and got to see Kenny Chesney. Had to leave early, or I would have seen Brooks and Dunn. Oh well.

The three I can think of off the top of my head:

I saw the Cramps in '99 and they were the LOUDEST band I've ever seen. The bass stayed with you for about five days after the concert and they rocked the entire place. Lux interior, the lead singer" climbed atop their stacks and I thought dude was going to die, the boxes were so unstable they looked they were coming down. Thank God he climbed back down.

I went to see the Mighty Mighty Bosstones and Flogging Molly and it was pretty good stuff. Bosstones lead singer really says cool stuff between songs and Flogging Molly is just awesome. If you've never heard of them they're an Irish rock band that uses traditional Irish intruments in their set (fiddles, jugs, etc.) and is really low key rock that sounds more like Irish folk music. Really great music.

G. Love came to Columbus (he was here a few weeks ago and I missed him!) in '99 as well and he put on a great show. Another great musician and his back up band is really talented at plying other stuff than his type of sound (during the intro's).

And my FAVORITE: I saw the Misfit twice, and the first time I saw them it was the last actual lineup (Michael Graves was the singer, Dr. Chud played druns, Jerry Only on bass and back-up and Doyle Wolfgang Von Frankenstein on guitar). I have NEVER seen a show like it. It was close to Halloween (frequently when the Misfits tour the US) and it just worked. The makeup (which turns some people off) and all the gimmics (these guys dress like a high Dracula, except theyt have massive arms, I heard Jerry Only was benching 400 lbs earlier in Tommy's Pizza's parking lot down the street). And these dude's are big and scary. And yet, they're cool as hell.

The best part about their show is when the massive Doyle plays his guitar, he plays it so hard he breaks one to two strings a song. The dude beats the living hell out of his guitar and doesn't say a word, he just plays that guitar like it's his last time and chews gum. So, betwen every song he's switching guitars and getting a new one while the old one gets restrung. Their guitars, one is called the Devastator I don't know the other's name, are homemade and just look like something crazy and their sound is no like other. I'm a bigger fan of the older stuff, but when you see them live it doesn't matter. These guys are the living embodiment of the Ramones, just weirder.

The second time I saw them it was a different line-up and the only guys I recognized were Only on bass and Robo on drums. Decent, but not up to par when it's Only and Doyle (both are brothers) together. It's scary how big and intimidating those guys are. And yet, Jerry Only stayed after and signed EVERYONE'S stuff and talked to every fan. A real nice guy.

Guns N Roses in the use your illusion tour

Bad Religion back in 96 ... they played all my favorite songs and it was one of my first shows ... it completely changed my life

the Agency's 1st reunion show ... for those of you who dont knwo the agency, they were an amazing local band that broke up a couple of years ago due to various reasons. And its one of my favorite shows because I got to see a bunch of old-school friends that I had not seen in ages ... plus they were one of the bands that I grew up on.

:rock

:super :super :super

Gorillaz at The Factory(Philly Spot a few years ago), Even without seeing them, the cartoons they were displaying were amazing, flashing in random stuff with images of the "band members"

The EEls last year was great as well

Never got to to see the pumpkins and missed Zwan when they came around.

THis summer though, The Cure's festival will kick ass and I'm going...

THe Cure, Interpol, Melissa Auf De Maur are my faviorates and a few others in their as well(The Used and Thursday who I refuse to listen too)

Gorillaz at The Factory(Philly Spot a few years ago), Even without seeing them, the cartoons they were displaying were amazing, flashing in random stuff with images of the "band members"

THe Cure, Interpol, Melissa Auf De Maur are my faviorates and a few others in their as well(The Used and Thursday who I refuse to listen too)

woah dood good stuff ... I went to the ZWAN show the one time they played down here, and they were ok ... not great but ok.

---------------

ohh and dont forget that the Cure is also playing with the almighty PIXIES ... and the whole show is full of amazing acts: the flaming lips ... radiohead ... the cure ... belle & sebastian ... and countless others that I can't remember

im so jealous ... can I come with you? ... I swear ill buy you dinner not once but TWICE

---------------

and BTW Melissa Auf de Maur is the hottest girl to ever play a bass ... she could play my bass anytime

woah dood good stuff ... I went to the ZWAN show the one time they played down here, and they were ok ... not great but ok.

---------------

ohh and dont forget that the Cure is also playing with the almighty PIXIES ... and the whole show is full of amazing acts: the flaming lips ... radiohead ... the cure ... belle & sebastian ... and countless others that I can't remember

im so jealous ... can I come with you? ... I swear ill buy you dinner not once but TWICE

---------------

and BTW Melissa Auf de Maur is the hottest girl to ever play a bass ... she could play my bass anytime Woah, I never heard Belle and Sebastian were playing :o

I've actually been in the dark with who's playing because all I needed to hear was THe Cure and Interpol. Flaming Lips I'd love to see and of course Radiohead(Seen them a few times already though)

I consider Dear Castastrophe Waitress one of the few brilliant records to come out in a few years.

you've seen radiohead live ... a few times? ... geez you must be one of the lucky souls that has gotten a chance accomplish such a milestone

yeah I heard the Belle and Sebastian were playing ... i have the full list for both days if you need it (are you going for both days, or just the day that the Cure is playing) ... and yeah thats true Interpol is also playing, and btw they put an amazing sounding show, very tight musicians.

ummm ... can I still come with you? :confused :thumbup