Marlins regain NL East lead!

PBMarlin

Nice turn of events to see Colorado defeat the Phillies....with a run in the bottom of the 8th. They held on to win after Thome singled in the 9th.

That and the pitching of Penny put us back in sole possesion of the NL East.

Now let's see a good home stand as the Phillies battle the Dodgers and Padres this week. :thumbup :p

13 of the next 16 at home. Good opportunity for a nice run here.

We need to finish May strong.....going 10-4 over the next 14. :thumbup

Certainly possible with the 'Stros (minus Pettite and Clemens), D'Backs, Reds twice and the Muts.

Yeah! I cant believe that the Phils were tied with us when we were beating them by more than 5 games...and it seemed like they were going to get the lead and just continue going while we keep on losing. But we had Penny on the mound today and he has done a great job. So we won the game but all of our other starters have to start pitching good also including DO and our offense needs to start scoring more runs. Last year Jack made a lot of good decisions and he made another good decision today by making all those changes and taking Choi, AGon, and Jeff out of the game and putting Luis in the 6th spot...etc.

All those moves worked out! So lets hope that we can get a nice win streak going and get a bigger lead.

Guest Juanky

Well, technically we didn't regain the lead.

But I know what you mean ;)

This calls for a celebration!

:cheers

Well, technically we didn't regain the lead.

But I know what you mean ;)

This calls for a celebration!

:cheers

Yeah, I know what you mean......technically we were tied.......but Philly did have a better winning percentage than us.

Not that it really matters this early in the season. It would be nice to say we led the division throughout.....if that happens.

if we get three games infront the troubles will be over

With ATL heading for the basement with injuries, this division could easily be decided on the LAST three games of the season...the fish schedule is heavily back loaded with Phills games in Sept. Yep. It is all going to come down to the end of September/early October. Unfortunately we will be on the road for the last 10 games. So we will need to have a good lead going to the end.

It is uncertain that the wild card can come out of the East this year....as both the Central and West have some strong teams.

So I believe we will have to win our division to secure a playoff spot.

Yeah, it does feel good...and considering the team hasn't been clicking for the last couple of weeks, it is good to know that they've been able to stay at the top...Hopefully they can make a nice little run with a bunch of home games then interleague play.