Desperate for a foul ball?

Accord

All right, well i've got the 41 game flex plan and have been a season ticket holder for the past few years and have never once caught a foul ball. I sit behind the Marlins dugout in row 5 and have caught a couple of balls tossed by players walking off the field or something, but never a foul ball. I've came close many times, but either someone in front of me grabs it or the ball goes to the left, right, or behind a few rows which I can't get to.

So tonight I decided I was fed up and decided I will catch a foul ball by the end of the night. So what did I do? I went in through gate G and took the elevator up to the upper deck, since I went in through Gate G and took the elevators I had no idea that the upperdeck was closed and was fenced off below so you couldn't get up. Once I got up there, NOBODY was there. No ushers, no fans, nobody... I had the entire level to myself. I sat in the first row directly behind home plate, it was my first time ever even going to the upperdeck and I got to admit, those upperdeck seats right behind home plate are AWESOME. Since nobody was up there, I figured that I would definitely get a foul ball, even if it didn't come directly to me one would at least hit a seat in the upperdeck and get stuck and I could just go get it. I was planning to stay in the upperdeck until I got a ball and then in the 5th inning some security guy came up there to where we were sitting and asked us to show our tickets and told us we had to go to our seats and the upperdeck was closed, I told him that I was just up there so I could catch a foul ball and showed him that i've got great seats in the 5th row behind the dugout so i've got no other reason to be up here and if he would cut me some slack, well he didn't and we had to go back to our seats. When we were up there through 5 innings, not one ball went to the upperdeck. We went back to our seats and in the top of the 6th inning a ball went up there right where I was sitting and got lodged... UGH. if that security guard came one inning later I would have had that ball.

And so my quest for a foul ball will continue on....

Lol, cute story. You'll get one, don't worry.

I'm just desperate for any ball. Juan Pierre aimed a ball at me becuz I had a JP sign, but it was a LITTLE high. I jumped up and couldn't get it. It landed 2 rows behind me and a Braves fan caught it!!!

Oh man, Accord, that sucks. Last time I went to a game, I was sitting in Fish Tank and I was dying to catch a ball. Some people got two or three! Boooo... Oh well, let's hope for getting a ball on Saturday when I go again.

I'm glad you enjoyed the upperdeck.

I moved from the lower bowl upstairs this season and I've been saying for all who will listen that the view is spectacular.

Don't feel bad about the foul ball thing. I've been going to baseball games for fifty (50)+ years and still haven't caught one (fair, foul, anythng). :mad :

Security at PPS (at during Marlins games) is a complete joke.

Just another "gift" from the PPS guys to Fish fans.

Oh by the way, they have a couple of new rules when it comes bringing in bottled water.

We used to freeze our bottles partially before games so they stayed cold during the game, no more. Any ice, even the smallest amount and the bottle is confiscated (or you can chose to not enter the game until the ice has melted). The second is they have reduced the size of a bottle you can bring in. It must be less than 20oz ( which is a standard bottle size). No more liter bottles, 33.7 oz, no more 20 or 24 oz bottles.

Nice touch. But then again what else would expect from Huizenga Holdings?

a total joke. I took my mom to the game against the Padres on mothers day and this moron "security" guard would not let her bring her pocket book into the game because it was slightly larger than a piece of paper, what kind of joke of a "rule" is this? Such a stupid rule, they even looked in her purse and saw there was nothing there except a wallet and her cellphone, yet she still couldn't bring it in. This was at Gate H by the way, so all we did was walk over to gate G and they let us in no problem and didn't even check.

That was probably the same guy who had an issue with my small backpack. Good thing it was the required size so he must have felt kinda stupid when he saw that, esp. after making a fuss over it. He did have a paper so yea....it probably was him.

I hope this doesn't make you feel bad buddy, but last June at a Reds/Blue Jays game that I went to in Cincinnati, I caught 4 baseballs.....

3 during batting practice (i seemed to have good luck moving around to different spots) and I also caught a foul ball during the game.

It was truly awesome, I've only caught 2 other baseballs at games besides that though. I also caught a Frank Thomas home run in the center field bleachers at Comiskey several years ago, and I caught a home run ball during batting practice at the all star game in Milwaukee in 2002.

I hope this doesn't make you feel bad buddy, but last June at a Reds/Blue Jays game that I went to in Cincinnati, I caught 4 baseballs.....

3 during batting practice (i seemed to have good luck moving around to different spots) and I also caught a foul ball during the game.

It was truly awesome, I've only caught 2 other baseballs at games besides that though. I also caught a Frank Thomas home run in the center field bleachers at Comiskey several years ago, and I caught a home run ball during batting practice at the all star game in Milwaukee in 2002.

That's awesome man, I would have loved to of caught a Frank Thomas home run ball (or any ball for that matter :D ), did you get it autographed? I'm not sure how things are in other parks, but at ProPlayer if you catch a home run ball you can take it to guest services and they'll verify it for you or something like that you'll get a certificate of authenticity and they'll even get the ball signed for you by the player that hit it, unless of course that player wants the ball back.

That's awesome man, I would have loved to of caught a Frank Thomas home run ball (or any ball for that matter :D ), did you get it autographed? I'm not sure how things are in other parks, but at ProPlayer if you catch a home run ball you can take it to guest services and they'll verify it for you or something like that you'll get a certificate of authenticity and they'll even get the ball signed for you by the player that hit it, unless of course that player wants the ball back.

Nope, didn't get it signed. :(

I was probably only about 10 or 11 at the time, and we never thought to try and get it signed while we were at the game, but oh well, just catching a home run ball in an actual game was great enough.

Nope, didn't get it signed. :(

I was probably only about 10 or 11 at the time, and we never thought to try and get it signed while we were at the game, but oh well, just catching a home run ball in an actual game was great enough. Yeah, it must have been awesome, and Big Frank was right about in his prime back then too so it must have been extra special.

The second is they have reduced the size of a bottle you can bring in. It must be less than 20oz ( which is a standard bottle size). No more liter bottles, 33.7 oz, no more 20 or 24 oz bottles.

On the last homestand, I went through Gate F with a liter bottle of Coke, a couple of times. I didn't try to sneak it in, I showed it to them...they were more worried about my hat.

I've never had luck with getting a baseball either, but about 10 years ago a girlfriend and I went to see the old North Stars at the Met Center. We were supposed to take her nephew but he came down with the flu that night. Anyway, we were sitting behind the goal and a puck was shot over the glass during the pre-game skate. It landed about 20 ft. away and there were about 5-10 people looking for it. I thought that I knew where the puck was(behind a paper cup), so I went over and got it. My girlfriend gave the puck to the nephew that couldn't make the game.

The next day I find out that her other nephew wanted us to go to the Timberwolves game and bring him a basketball. :mischief2

I have always wanted to catch a homerun ball. So far this season me and my brother have a couple from batting practice and he caught one thrown by Nunez and I caught one from JP. Hopefully someone can jack a homer into the Fish Tank this season while I'm there.

Last year vs. the Braves I was sitting in the second row, in the farthest section of the Outfield reserve, riiiiight next to the foul poll. Cabrera hit a three run homer into the first row, It bounced off this guys glove and onto the field...Sheffield picked it up and tossed it up and I got it.. even though i didnt truly "catch it" It was still great, the ironic thing is that before that I'd never gotten a foul ball or anything let alone a HR ball.

I was at a D-Rays-Blue Jays spring training game a few years back with my great grandmother and while I was coming back from the bathroom the inning had just started and the first pitch a high pop foul ball was hit and it came down and hit my great grandmother in the head. Luckily it hit her at an almost vertical angle on her forehead so it just kind of glanced her. She's 96 now and was maybe 93 then so it was really scary especially because I had to fly out that day and wasn't sure if she would be alright. Luckily my Great Aunt lives in the area and came by and checked on her later. She got a pretty good-sized bump on her head. Anyways thats my foul ball story. Oh yeah, and afterwards a guy sitting in the row behind us asked for her autograph because he said she was "tougher than Holyfield." She just laughed.