Most Underrated Movies

Passion

Barbershop is good too.

WHAT?!

Barbershop? That's a work of crap. Not to mention that there is no way it can be considered overrated.

What makes Barbershop a good movie? It's a bunch of black people cracking jokes on eachother in a barbershop!

BOOOOO

if you saw Requiem for a dream go check out Pi by the same director david abranovich whatever his name is... its a pretty strong movie, great nonetheless

other great underated movies

run lola run - amazing film about a comic book character

lock stock and two smoking barrels - better than snatch sorry I had to say it

dark crystal - jim henson & frank Oz masterpiece

niagara niagara - if you have seen this movie PM me so I could personally tell you how much you rock

28 days - great cinematography and pictorial shots

the most underated movie ever is ..... ::drum roll::

fear and loathing in las vegas - drug binges and Hunter S.... geeez

Most of what I have to offer was already mentioned, but heres something

Bottle Rocket - not sure if this was already mentioned, but this is W Anderson's first film

Get Shorty - Not sure if this film can be considered overrated, but I enjoyed the dialogue

dunno Catch... Fear & Loathing was certainly a trip, but it's so difficult to rate just because the thing's such a drug-induced mess. I didn't care for Pi as much as Reqium. (& the director's name is David Aronofsky I believe)

Glory is hardly underrated. Who doesn't like that movie? It's awesome.

Donnie Darko, Bottle Rocket are both on my short list of films to see soon. I'd never heard of Equilibrium before, but someone mentioned it so I'll give that a look too.

Catch I will personally look for Niagra just out of curiosity now.

American History X, Run Lola Run, both very good I agree.

dunno Catch... Fear & Loathing was certainly a trip, but it's so difficult to rate just because the thing's such a drug-induced mess. I didn't care for Pi as much as Reqium. (& the director's name is David Aronofsky I believe)

Donnie Darko, Bottle Rocket are both on my short list of films to see soon. I'd never heard of Equilibrium before, but someone mentioned it so I'll give that a look too.

Poor Daron Aronofsky...we are mauling the poor man's name :p . Personally, I see him as the next Kubrick and am anxiously awaiting his next film.

If anyone has seen F&L in Las Vegas rent the book of the same name by Hunter S. Thompson.

I need to see Run Lola Run. Its German correct?

Everyone needs to see Amelie which is another foreign film

Porky's.....i think it is one of the best comedies I've ever seen....yet no one ever thinks of it as a top comedy. I liked Porky's a helluva lot better than Animal House (mark that one in the OVERRATED department).

Of course, my favorite movie of all time: American History X. Most people have not seen it. It can be tough for some people to watch, but it is ONE HELL OF A MOVIE.

Amer his X is mediocre yo

*needs translation on following words:

1: tho

2: ish

Ok, now that that's out of the way, this isn't the right thread for talk about "southern ish", "kkk ish", "slave and segregation times", or "the war ight".

This is an UNDERRATED MOVIE thread. Thanks :thumbup

and if you do find Niagara Niagara let me know because I have been trying to find that in DVD but I doubt it has been released.

Im not talking about Fear and Loathing just because of the drug usage ... i thought the whole thing was just a trip and Jonny playing Hunter S. was flawless... i dont think that movie got all its credit

... but go check out Donnie Darko ... good flick, really good flick

ohh yeah I didn't add it because everyone mentioned it but American history X was amazing ... I feel bad for Edward Norton because he looks so buff and baddass in that movie and in Fight Club he looks like a grade A puss ... im dissapointed

Poor Daron Aronofsky...we are mauling the poor man's name :p . Personally, I see him as the next Kubrick and am anxiously awaiting his next film.

If anyone has seen F&L in Las Vegas rent the book of the same name by Hunter S. Thompson.

I need to see Run Lola Run. Its German correct?

Everyone needs to see Amelie which is another foreign film Run Lola Run is Danish sham

... im almost 100% sure on that one but I might be mistaken

ohh yeah I didn't add it because everyone mentioned it but American history X was amazing ... I feel bad for Edward Norton because he looks so buff and baddass in that movie and in Fight Club he looks like a grade A puss ... im dissapointed

Yah, he definitely does. And he's a bit of a pudgy little bastard in Italian Job. He is definitely pretty deezed in AHX though. WOW that's an awesome movie.

Another outstanding and underrated movie is Fight Club.

People either get this movie or it goes way over their heads. The former are the ones that love the movie.

it is not an "underated" movie if:

1) a cult is made right after it has been released

2) made a good sum of money (not "sum of all fears proportions" more like "office space" )

in order to involve underated and cult together there has to be a good time break in between and weak box office rankings

:whistle

Guest Juanky

in order to involve underated and cult together there has to be a good time break in between and weak box office rankings

:whistle

That's the Boondock Saints. Didn't do very hot in the theaters because of the whole Columbine deal, and went unnoticed for a long time on VHS and DVD. But it's HUGE among people like me. You haven't seen Boondock Saints and you haven't lived. It has an amazing following.

I just hope if they ever release Boondock Saints 2 it doesn't mess it up.