should willis watch out for his job?

TealMonster

No one is jumping on the Phelps bandwagon, but D-Train has pretty much been in a huge slump since the second half of last year.

He was good out the bullpen in the play-offs and his best starts this year are two against a sad, sad Expos team. His hot start was kind of overrated.

And I said IF Phelps continues like this. And IF Willis continues to struggle, you obviously start Phelps.

Yes! Yes! Yes!

Phelps is a solid pitcher and has always shown that, despite a lack of defensive support earlier this year in the bullpen.

Willis is much better suited for the bullpen until he learns another pitch, and would give us that second explosive arm we've been lacking.

I think Jack agrees. Dontrelle was scheduled to start June 2nd.

Phelps aint throwing anymore 1 hitters

No one said he is.

Damn man, we're just showing some support for Phelps.

Phelps over Oliver

Burnett over Willis

So our rotation is set. And Dontrelle has said he doesn't mind coming out the bullpen. I'd like to see him regain what got him to the majors in the first place but like many have said, once you see him again, you pick him up. And if he can't learn how to let his defense play or learn a new pitch, he shouldn't start.

Phelps aint throwing anymore 1 hitters

No one said he is.

Damn man, we're just showing some support for Phelps.

Phelps over Oliver

Burnett over Willis

So our rotation is set. And Dontrelle has said he doesn't mind coming out the bullpen. I'd like to see him regain what got him to the majors in the first place but like many have said, once you see him again, you pick him up. And if he can't learn how to let his defense play or learn a new pitch, he shouldn't start. how come i dont see you do a Phelps vs Willis?

No one's going to expect Phelps to pitch as well as he did today every start, but I think he can be more consistant than Willis and probably have an ERA around 4.00-4.50. I'd take that, and I would love to see what Willis can do in the pen. If Tommy pitches well again in his next start, I would like to see Jack at least try it.

I can't believe the mood swings of some of you. One good game by Phelps, and you want to send Willis to the pen. I think anything is possible, but how about we wait 2 -3 weeks and see what happens?

Where have you been? Some of us have been wanting to send Willis to the pen for weeks. Willis didn't show any improvement in those few weeks so why wait a few more?

The kid isn't going to succeed until he learns another pitch. And until he does he's better out of the bullpen.

First off what a game by Tommy :notworthy take notes Oliver :lol

Now for the bad part, Phelps and all those Reds starters are benefiting from the mound in that stadium. Its very low to the ground which benefits soft tosser like Phelps and those Reds starters. I think now that I've had a chance to think about it more, Beckett keeping the ball up in yesterday start was him not benefiting from this mound. The JR pitch was up, result HR. Tommorrow if Duke doesn't get a comfort zone for that mound early its going to be a long day... But again this is a different Brad this year :thumbup

I can't believe the mood swings of some of you. One good game by Phelps, and you want to send Willis to the pen. I think anything is possible, but how about we wait 2 -3 weeks and see what happens?

Whee have you been? Some of us have been wanting to send Willis to the pen for weeks. Really? And replacing him with whom? Oliver? cause Phelps made his first start today. I know Willis on the pen has been suggested, but some of you want this done now.

Guest Juanky

Today's start was a fluke by Phelps

He ain't giving up any hits next time