TEJERA VENTS

For the fourth time in six weeks, the Marlins brought up a pitcher from their Albuquerque (N.M.) farm club, and for the fourth time, the pitcher recalled wasn't Michael Tejera, leaving the left-hander wondering what he has to do to get another chance at the big leagues.

Going into Thursday night's game against Nashville, Tejera was 5-1 with a 3.79 ERA, giving him a share of the Pacific Coast League lead for winning percentage.

''I don't know what I've done [wrong],'' said Tejera, who was 11-12 in two seasons with the Marlins. ``If they don't need me, they should give me an opportunity with someone else.''

The latest pitcher to be recalled was right-hander Michael Neu, who joined the team about four hours before Thursday's game, replacing right-hander Justin Wayne, who was placed on the 15-day disabled list with tendinitis in his right shoulder.

Neu, a former University of Miami closer, started the minor-league season on the DL with a strained elbow and didn't make his first appearance until May 27. He pitched in five games for Albuquerque, allowing four runs on five hits and five walks in six innings.

Neu pitched in 32 games for Oakland last season before coming to the Marlins in the Mark Redman trade last December.

Guest Juanky

Neu > Tejera

I don't know man, Neu giving up 4 runs on 5 hits in 6 innings is all BUT impresive. Yeah, he had one rough outing, and was perfect every other time he was on the mound. Shucks.

Guest Juanky

i dont like either of them.........the marlins should start spending money and not bringing pitchers 4rm the minors

And what money is this? Would you like to donate some?

i dont like either of them.........the marlins should start spending money and not bringing pitchers 4rm the minors

And what money is this? Would you like to donate some? :lol lol havent u relized already the marlins are poor.

Guest Juanky

Tejera could be a number 5th starter, on some clubs

Yeah

The Brewers

The Pirates

The Devil Rays maybe

possibly the Mariners

Maybe the Rangers, Maybe

The Rockies could use some pitching

Tejera could be a number 5th starter, on some clubs

Yeah

The Brewers

The Pirates

The Devil Rays maybe

possibly the Mariners

Maybe the Rangers, Maybe

The Rockies could use some pitching The question is, do they have decent relievers to trade?

Freddie Garcia is as good as gone from Seattle, and they will need someone to eat some innings

Neu > Tejera

i played with mike at Miami Southwest High and i faced Neu when i was at florida...mike is ten times the pitcher Neu is but since Neu got the call i hope he does well...i hope the marlins trade mike if they dont beleive in him or dont have plans to bring him up soon cause i know he can help out a club in the big leauges...

Neu > Tejera

i played with mike at Miami Southwest High and i faced Neu when i was at florida...mike is ten times the pitcher Neu is but since Neu got the call i hope he does well...i hope the marlins trade mike if they dont beleive in him or dont have plans to bring him up soon cause i know he can help out a club in the big leauges... Tejera has the same ability as you: No chance at MLB.

Neu > Tejera

i played with mike at Miami Southwest High and i faced Neu when i was at florida...mike is ten times the pitcher Neu is but since Neu got the call i hope he does well...i hope the marlins trade mike if they dont beleive in him or dont have plans to bring him up soon cause i know he can help out a club in the big leauges... Tejera has the same ability as you: No chance at MLB. Dude. Tejera has already been in the majors.

PWNAGE.

Neu > Tejera

i played with mike at Miami Southwest High and i faced Neu when i was at florida...mike is ten times the pitcher Neu is but since Neu got the call i hope he does well...i hope the marlins trade mike if they dont beleive in him or dont have plans to bring him up soon cause i know he can help out a club in the big leauges... Tejera has the same ability as you: No chance at MLB. Dude. Tejera has already been in the majors.

PWNAGE. scott ...know what your talking about before you write ...tejera did play mlb baseball but i wouldnt expect a moron like you that started following baseball last week to know about that...second at least i played college and minor league baseball wish is more than i can say for anything youve done in your life and third when i left my AA team to come take my dads place in the family business because of his death i was about to called up to AAA so we will never know if i would have made it to the show....so listen go back to playing with your barbie dolls and leave baseball to us real fans...

I was mad when I heard this also. Tejera > Neu. You guys will see that Neu is garbage. Howard hasn't done anything and Tejera deserves to be recalled. Tejera has a 3.79 ERA in NM, where the ball flys WAY OUT. Tejera can do a decent job in our bullpen. Mike Neu is not major league material. I watched him give up like 7 runs to the U of Miami.

I can understand where Tejera is coming from. He's pitched in the majors for several years in a row, played on a World Championship team, and now can't get back up to the bigs, even though his AAA stats are pretty good. I think the Marlins are making a statement here.