Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MarlinsBaseball.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Marlins vs. White Sox at the Pro

Featured Replies

Hey Marlins fans...

 

Well, it was bound to happen...the Sox go to Miami to take on the World Champs. This is going to be a tough series for both teams...they're both in 1st place, and they're both pretty good squads. I think this is going to be a great series. I also know Sox fans will go down to Miami to see the games. You don't have to worry, though...we're not like the idiotic Cubs fans who went to Miami last fall. You stood up to them, and we Sox fans appreciate that.

 

Ozzie is doing an awesome job as Sox manager. Not too many people gave him credit when he first came up here citing his inexperience. Well as of now, his team is 100% better than last year's squad. The players are very much the same as last year's Sox sans Bartolo Colon, Scott Sullivan, Tony Graffanino, Tom "Flash" Gordon, Roberto Alomar, and Carl Everett. I know that's a lot of names, and add on top of that all the names the Cubs picked up to supposedly "put them over the top." Well, after months of hype, the Sox are now in FIRST place in their division, and the "soon-to-be-World Champs" Cubbies are in FOURTH place in their division. By the end of the week, I'm hoping the Cubs will fall further into the abyss as they'll face Houston for 4 games at Minute Maid Park.

 

We haven't forgotten about you down in Miami. Your team is looking pretty good. Continued success, and you'll understand why I'm wanting a Sox 4-game sweep in the Pro. Nothing personal, but even though I've gained a huge amount of respect for the Marlins as of late, in my heart...I'm a White Sox fan.

 

Take care, Marlins fans. Let's have a great series.

I've been rooting for the White Sox in the AL Central.

 

Highest runs scored in the major leagues this year. Odd that both teams have about the same winning %, same # of runs against, but Chicago has scored about 55 more runs this season.

 

Should be a fun series.

 

Tues: Burnett (0-2) vs Garland (5-3)

Wed: Pavano (6-2) vs Schoeneweis (5-4)

Thurs: Beckett (4-4) Loaiza (7-3)

 

 

(I think that's right... isn't Beckett scheduled to return on Thursday or is it Phelps again?)

This is going to be a though series. Any team can take 2 (toss up), and a sweep would be very unlikely.

 

I'll be there for one or two games.

 

Go Fish

  • Author

:thumbup

 

Betcha the finest dinner in town that you do not get a 4 game sweep.

YOU'RE ON...LOL

 

Oops...my bad. So much for what I know.

 

On a serious note, when did the Marlins announce Beckett for the 3rd game of this series? When I last heard about this series, the Marlins' starter for the 3rd game was "undecided".

:thumbup

 

Betcha the finest dinner in town that you do not get a 4 game sweep.

YOU'RE ON...LOL

 

Oops...my bad. So much for what I know.

 

On a serious note, when did the Marlins announce Beckett for the 3rd game of this series? When I last heard about this series, the Marlins' starter for the 3rd game was "undecided". Beckett is on the DL, but is ready to start this week

Good luck in this series.... you might need it.

 

I am a big White Sox supporter, esp. since my nephew is a W Sox in his tee-ball team. :D

 

I'll be at the game tomorrow. I can't wait to face the Sox. :)

I'm going to miss them, oh well

On a serious note, when did the Marlins announce Beckett for the 3rd game of this series? When I last heard about this series, the Marlins' starter for the 3rd game was "undecided".

I'm not 100% sure on that... Phelps is listed in some of the upcoming schedule lists, but I think I heard on the radio that Beckett is tenatively scheduled to return on Thursday if everything goes well.

 

Someone correct me if I'm wrong...

Jack was talking about Beckett in the pre-game show yesterday and said he should be ready to go on Thursday. Beckett has one more bullpen session, and if all goes well, he'll get the start.

I haven't been on this site since the NLCS. Just wanted to wish you guys good luck AFTER the Sox leave town. Should be a good series. Beat up on those Cubbies if you see them again.

Id just like to say good luck to you guys this week. I havent been to this site since last october but i just want to thank you fish for beating our "loveable losers" up north. Im a one team fan but if there is any team id like to see win other than the white sox, its defanately the marlins!

 

Hopefully this meeting is not our only one of the year!!! :D

Daly is being rumored to be considering a move to a penthouse/loft on the northside. What a fickle man, and then the Cubbune and WGN have a Cubasm over it. It is so petty.

Id just like to say good luck to you guys this week. I havent been to this site since last october but i just want to thank you fish for beating our "loveable losers" up north. Im a one team fan but if there is any team id like to see win other than the white sox, its defanately the marlins!

 

Hopefully this meeting is not our only one of the year!!! :D

welcome to the boards

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.