ESPN and the Media In General...

The only 2 First Place Teams in Interleague play that Are Duking it out this week are the Marlins and Chisox, yet all the Media Coverage is Griffey and his quest for 500 Homers (Whoopdedoo). Or Cubs vs Astros...blah blah blah... No where do you see anything about the Sox vs Marlins... Ohh well. The Media has never liked the Marlins anyways the only reason they have even received any attention at all is cause they won the World Series.... lol

Well #1 the media hates the White Sox too, and #2 its the Marlins. The media would rather see the Twins and Phillies in first because they always seem to talk about them more, but I don't care cause I'm going to the games this week :) . It sucks though, but don't worry respect will come with every win

I understand your point about the Cubs/AStros series, but...KEN Griffey's 500th HOmer???? dude, you HAVE to cover that, of course the media will be all over it!!! The media covers what people want to see, and people want to see the Cubs-AStros, not the Marlins and Sox.

It's a business... :thumbdown

it is a business, and they cater to the masses. Money talks. . .

In addition, Reynold/Kruk stated that the Phills will take over the division since they feel they have more deep into their pitching. How can you blame them? We haven't done much to deserve recognition since starting 8-1.

Of course nobody in the media is paying attention to Marlins/White Sox, after all the Marlins and White Sox are probably the media's 2 least favorite teams.

They hate the Marlins for beating the mighty Cubs and Yankees in last year's playoffs, coming after they kept the mighty Phillies out of the playoffs in the first place. And then they hate the White Sox since our stadium "sucks" and we play in the same town as the beloved loveable losers, the "Cubbies".

chisox are the second best team in their own city

Amazing statement to make my friend.....

White Sox-1st place

Cubs-4th place

That fact speaks for itself. Actually the Cubs are now tied for second place and their record is only like, what one game worse than the Sox.

White Sox-1st place

Cubs-4th place

That fact speaks for itself. Actually the Cubs are now tied for second place and their record is only like, what one game worse than the Sox. Oh really? Ok then, but still to just say the Sox are worse than the Cubs when the standings say otherwise isn't a wise thing to do.

I guess we will find out who's better when the Sox and Cubs play 6 times at the end of June and beginning of July.

White Sox-1st place

Cubs-4th place

That fact speaks for itself. not trying to bash your sox or anything...

but the NL Central is a MUCH MUCH MUCH tougher division than the AL Central...

not to mention the plethora of injuries the cubbies have had.....they havent been healthy all year and they are only 3 games out.....they are gonna pull ahead pretty soon and then they'll have wood and possibly sammy back to kick it into another gear

you cant just go by what place they are in..... the cubbies are better than the sox....although i like the sox much more

fair enough.....the sox rotation has surprised me though, they can def compete with the cubbies.... i just think the cubbies have the edge

Here's how I see the Cubs and Sox matching up:

Starting Staff:Advatage Cubs

Bullpen:Advantage Push (neither is all that great, but both are decent)

Lineup:Advantage White Sox

Bench:Advantage Push (both teams have good benches, especially when Sosa and Maggs get back)

Manager:Advantage White Sox (by a mile)

Dusty Baker has got to be worse for pitchers than Jeff Torborg was for us.

Baker is a terrible manager, and don't let anybody tell you otherwise.

He's had some great players over the years, which has made him look very good, but his managerial skills are as bad as i've ever seen.

Oh and by the way, I thought of him that way before he ever even came to the Cubs.

you are right....manager by a MILE

but i dunno if you can give the lineup outright to the sox.....its push or cubbies i would think

If you go by stats so far....than it would be a push...

If you go by paper....i think you have to give it to the cubs.

alou vs lee - both have good numbers this year, but alous are better - while lee is younger, alou is prob more valuable still

harris vs patterson - harris gets on base much more, but patterson has been showing his pop this year - on paper you have to like patterson better, 5-tools and he is showing it these past couple days

mags vs sosa - sosas been injured so mags, mags has more value now anyway

crede vs ramirez - aramis by a long shot this season - crede has nice potential on paper but so does ramirez who is only 25 and hasn't hit his ceiling

gonzo vs valentine - valentine is better i guess, i wish he'd hit for more average. i'll say valentine has more value

uribe vs walker - well, i guess by stats uribe is having a better year but still not by much - on paper i have to go with walker as i see the year uribe is having as a fluke

lee vs konerko - konerko has finally turned it on - i'll give a push stats and paper

barrett vs alamor - alamor is doing fine but barrett is doing AWESOME - barrett on both

i just think if you break it down..... the cubbies look better

but again, i hope you dont think im trashing your sox. they are a great team...... i just see the cubbies as an elite...as much as i despise them

you are right....manager by a MILE

but i dunno if you can give the lineup outright to the sox.....its push or cubbies i would think

If you go by stats so far....than it would be a push...

If you go by paper....i think you have to give it to the cubs.

alou vs lee - both have good numbers this year, but alous are better - while lee is younger, alou is prob more valuable still

harris vs patterson - harris gets on base much more, but patterson has been showing his pop this year - on paper you have to like patterson better, 5-tools and he is showing it these past couple days

mags vs sosa - sosas been injured so mags, mags has more value now anyway

crede vs ramirez - aramis by a long shot this season - crede has nice potential on paper but so does ramirez who is only 25 and hasn't hit his ceiling

gonzo vs valentine - valentine is better i guess, i wish he'd hit for more average. i'll say valentine has more value

uribe vs walker - well, i guess by stats uribe is having a better year but still not by much - on paper i have to go with walker

lee vs konerko - konerko has finally turned it on - i'll give a push stats and paper

barrett vs alamor - alamor is doing fine but barrett is doing AWESOME - barrett on both

i just think if you break it down..... the cubbies look better

but again, i hope you dont think im trashing your sox. they are a great team...... i just see the cubbies as an elite...as much as i despise them

First of all, don't apologize for having an opinion I don't agree with, just say what you think.

Second of all, I took the White Sox lineup since the Cubs lineup simply hasn't produced this year. When healthy, the Cubs have a very good lineup, but the Sox right now are hitting better than just about everybody in baseball, which is why I took their lineup over the Cubs.