Who do we blame today?

Guest Moneyball

Guest Moneyball

i don't know who to blame. the game looked like it would be the marlins could win and put together a good couple games but our s***ty bullpen blows it again. :censored

How about the White Sox hitting much better than we do? That's a good one.

Besides that, of course tonight's loss is on Benitez. Without a doubt, he blew a game we had every right to win. However, this is not saying that he sux dood!! and should be traded etc. He has been great for us and sadly, the rest of our bullpen gives us no room for error. Most clubs would give anything for a closer to give us what he's done. But, yes, tonight the blame should be on Benitez. They mentioned he only made 2 pitches in the last week..wtf.

I love this thread. This is great. This is what we need. A thread where all we do is talk bad about our players and try and figure out who played worse. Awesome thread.

Who do I blame?

I don't blame anyone. Things like this happen and you just got to suck it up when it does. This isnt football folks. There are plenty of more games to win. Don't get all caught up on this one game.

I blame Benitez and Bump. Benitez didn't have his stuff today, as simple as that. He had a bad outing, everyone does, he continues to impress, though! And Bump...Bump...he always comes out with the bases loaded, which adds more pressure, I'll give anyone who dares defend him that, but....everytime I see him, he gives up some runs...everytime I see him, he issues unnecessary walks and seems to be out of control...and that ball bobbling he did was pathetic and ludicrous, we should sent him to Cirque du Soleil or something. Our bats didn't hit in the bottom of the 10th, but to be down 6-5 is way different than being down 7-5.

Hey, Bump!....you SUCK!

Armando Benitez first and foremost. Runner-up goes to the clown show called the rest of our bullpen. See perisho give up homer after homer. See Bump juggle easy balls hit right in front of his face. Yes, it's all here in the circus known as the marlins bullpen (- benitez).

I love this thread. This is great. This is what we need. A thread where all we do is talk bad about our players and try and figure out who played worse. Awesome thread.

Who do I blame?

I don't blame anyone. Things like this happen and you just got to suck it up when it does. This isnt football folks. There are plenty of more games to win. Don't get all caught up on this one game.

dude, I agree with you...but still. We could've gained some ground on the PHillies tonight! If someone comes in and says: "at least the Phillies lost", I'm officially checking myself in to a mental rehab hospital :banghead

Guest Moneyball

the ump was major a**hole but the marlins did what way to many people when it counted. also benitez wasn't so sharp so some blame can go on him. mckeon overmanages again against a team he has close ties to (cin= former team, CHW=against old third base coach.) this is definitely a game if the marlins won we could have gone on a little streak.

marlins haven't won two straight since the NYM series. Whats Philly up to?

Come on guys, can we be a little positive here?

It's not the end of the world.

Who gives a crap? A loss is a loss. A loss in June matters just as much as a loss in September. Our bullpen clearly has issues minus Benitez and... Oliver?!

We need a trade soon. It proved that even when we DO get some runs, out BP can't close it out. Even though the last week and a half I've been saying our offense has looked dismal.

Fact is, we need a bat and 3 decent BP guys.

Who do I blame?

dude, I agree with you...but still. We could've gained some ground on the PHillies tonight! If someone comes in and says: "at least the Phillies lost", I'm officially checking myself in to a mental rehab hospital :banghead Yeah I know it hurts that we could have gained ground on the Phillies but its really ok. We will beat the Phillies at the end of the season.

Armando kind of messed it up.. but i'm not mad at him whatsoever. He finally had a bad outing... big deal. Not like the rest of our team helped him out either. It was bound to happen he can't be perfect all the time! But we all know he could do better.

Who do I blame?

dude, I agree with you...but still. We could've gained some ground on the PHillies tonight! If someone comes in and says: "at least the Phillies lost", I'm officially checking myself in to a mental rehab hospital :banghead Yeah I know it hurts that we could have gained ground on the Phillies but its really ok. We will beat the Phillies at the end of the season. Because of all the jews on our team, right?

J/k :lol

Who gives a crap? A loss is a loss. A loss in June matters just as much as a loss in September. Our bullpen clearly has issues minus Benitez and... Oliver?!

We need a trade soon. It proved that even when we DO get some runs, out BP can't close it out. Even though the last week and a half I've been saying our offense has looked dismal.

Fact is, we need a bat and 3 decent BP guys. And a fact is that it probably wont matter if we would have won today or loss today in the end of the season. We will still probably beat the Phillies in the end. This one game wont matter that much anyways.

Fact is, we need a bat and 3 decent BP guys. And a fact is that it probably wont matter if we would have won today or loss today in the end of the season. We will still probably beat the Phillies in the end. This one game wont matter that much anyways. So why don't we just lose every game of the season?

Every game matters. You obviously can't win them all but to say this game doesn't matter is ridiculous.

I'm not even gonna try.

Who do I blame?

dude, I agree with you...but still. We could've gained some ground on the PHillies tonight! If someone comes in and says: "at least the Phillies lost", I'm officially checking myself in to a mental rehab hospital :banghead Yeah I know it hurts that we could have gained ground on the Phillies but its really ok. We will beat the Phillies at the end of the season. Because of all the jews on our team, right?

J/k :lol Maybe one day you will understand that fully and agree with me.

But I don't want to get into that now.

I blame Benitez and Bump. Benitez didn't have his stuff today, as simple as that. He had a bad outing, everyone does, he continues to impress, though! And Bump...Bump...he always comes out with the bases loaded, which adds more pressure, I'll give anyone who dares defend him that, but....everytime I see him, he gives up some runs...everytime I see him, he issues unnecessary walks and seems to be out of control...and that ball bobbling he did was pathetic and ludicrous, we should sent him to Cirque du Soleil or something. Our bats didn't hit in the bottom of the 10th, but to be down 6-5 is way different than being down 7-5.

I agree with you on both Benitez and Bump, but I let Benitez slide cuz he's been dealing all year. he couldnt locate, thats it. now Nate "Im a queer" Bump is a completely different story, and bump "...always comes out with the bases loaded" thats just not true, he is a f***ing coward I cant stand the sight of him out on the mound any more. Call the Hutch up from where ever he is AA or AAA , or hell give Tejera a shot, he has been solid with 5 wins and a 3 ish era in AAA. why not? the bullpen isnt getting any worse.

Who do I blame?

J/k :lol :lol that's about the only thing left to say! thanks UberUbi!

Guest Moneyball

Fact is, we need a bat and 3 decent BP guys.

sadly we don't that type of money and prospects.

after what the bullpen did today beinfest should be on the phone. :call :shifty

atleast mike lowell got a hit. :happydance

AGON hit a clutch home run!!! :lol

opponenets are hitting .314 plus off bump :ph34r

Don't hurt me please... but I think we should try Oliver to be our setup guy. I thought he should have been brought out for the 8th instead of Benitez, because we can't keep on sending Benitez out in the 8th, we need a setup guy... and Oliver could just be that. He has proven many times he is good for one inning.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.