COMPUTER PROBLEM!

Wild Card

OK, my computer was running extremely slow, and it wouldn't shut down, so I turned off the plug thing. I tried rebooting the computer, and this error window pops up saying the computer must restart. When I restart it, the computer keeps doing the same thing. This is why I haven't been online in a while.

Any help?

:confused

plug thing?

Don't bust my chops, I forgot the name of it. The surge thing. not busting chops just trying to understand what you are trying to say....so dont cop an attitude. No attitude intended... Sorry.

I didn't unplug it, but turned off the surge protector.

Guest Guest

Same idea.

Ok, let's see. Can you grab a screenshot of this error window or does it come up right away when you reboot all the time and not allow you to continue?

Same idea.

Ok, let's see. Can you grab a screenshot of this error window or does it come up right away when you reboot all the time and not allow you to continue?

The windows screen will pop up and load, but then it will go away and this little error box pops up and says that the computer needs to restart, click here to restart. When you click it, it just goes through the same cycle.

EDIT: No it does not let me continue. I never even get to the windows login screen.

ok, seriously, try this...

Create a new user account on XP...see if ur problem goes away, and if it does, delete your old one...

to do this...

go to control panel/users/ then its pretty simple on how to create a new one, if it doesnt work you might have a virus or something.

Create a new user account on XP...see if ur problem goes away, and if it does, delete your old one...

to do this...

go to control panel/users/ then its pretty simple on how to create a new one, if it doesnt work you might have a virus or something.

I can't get that far. My computer won't load past the black Windows loading screen.

I'm no expert, but from previous diabolical and terminally fatal exercises in futility I had with my XP I'd guess there may be spy/adware that placed code in your start-up/exe. files.

The new spyware I contracted did this... Instead of computer dorking out big time (no offense) and rewriting/editing line by line I saved everything I could and reformatted.

to do this...

I can't get that far. My computer won't load past the black Windows loading screen. I forgot how to do it, I'm sure some may now what to press (I'm thinking F8 as your computer loads) to try to load up safe mode. If you're there you may be able to create a new user account like mentioned or try to find what's causing the error.

insert your XP startup disk.

i believe it gives you teh option to reformat from there.

reformat and reinstall XP.

just follow the instructions....microsoft has tried to make it idiot proof these days so you should be able to get it done.

then just make sure you have current virus protections.