Question about Beckett

Guest Jack1

Guest Jack1

Beckett was on the DL for 15 days, right? I know he was on it for his blister but he didn't have any rehab assignment outings, did he? He just threw in the bullpen to check out how his finger would hold up. Why didn't they think that he needed at least one rehab start to help his whole body get in shape? I think the Marlins made a big mistake and are responsible for this injury to Beckett. Any thoughts on this? Hopefully, he won't need to go on the DL but this kind of injury can take time to heal or so I've been told.

They had only planned for him to pitch 4-6 innings.

His current injury is only a day to day thing which means he will start next time and it was in no way related to his blister.

Things like these just happen in MLB and it's nothing to worry about. The disappointing thing is that he was K'ing like hell and I thought he was on the way of making history. Poo.

Life sucks, get used to it. :hat

His current injury is only a day to day thing which means he will start next time and it was in no way related to his blister.

Things like these just happen in MLB and it's nothing to worry about. The disappointing thing is that he was K'ing like hell and I thought he was on the way of making history. Poo.

With the exception of thinking he was only going to pitch a few innings, these are my thoughts exactly.

He was absolutely lights out last night. I thought I was going to be a witness to history.

With the exception of thinking he was only going to pitch a few innings, these are my thoughts exactly.

He was absolutely lights out last night. I thought I was going to be a witness to history. me 2

i was talking about until a gon hit his homer

i was in shock, i just couldn't believe it

What I think happened is when he struck out the side in the first he started to get pumped and was trying to K people and was over throwing a little bit and then tweaked something, but hopefully it gets a little better in article about the game it said that he felt a lot more sore so we'll see. I guess it is a good sign he didn't go to DL right away though

Beckett was on the DL for 15 days, right? I know he was on it for his blister but he didn't have any rehab assignment outings, did he? He just threw in the bullpen to check out how his finger would hold up. Why didn't they think that he needed at least one rehab start to help his whole body get in shape? I think the Marlins made a big mistake and are responsible for this injury to Beckett. Any thoughts on this? Hopefully, he won't need to go on the DL but this kind of injury can take time to heal or so I've been told.

Seems like you really have an axe to grind.

Anything that happens to one of the pitchers is just another example of Jack's mis-management?????????

Give it a break.

I'm glad he cut his hair. Long hair is really annoying when you start sweating alot.

P.S What is the record for most K's in a game by a pitcher?

20 He was on pace for 21.

3.2 innings = 8 K's.

3.2 + 3.2 = 7.1 = 16 K's.

9 - 7.1 = 1.2

Since the first 5 batters he faced all K'd, I'm gonna assume that they would all K again which means...

16 + 5 = 21...

Could've broke the record.

I'm glad he cut his hair. Long hair is really annoying when you start sweating alot.

3.2 innings = 8 K's.

9 - 7.1 = 1.2

Since the first 5 batters he faced all K'd, I'm gonna assume that they would all K again which means...

16 + 5 = 21...

Could've broke the record. just because he K'ed them once doesn't mean theyre gonna strike out again.

in basketball terms for example, just because a player picked up 15 points in the 1st quarter doesn't mean he's gonna end up having 60 points at the end of the game.

lightening doesn't always strike twice.

3.2 innings = 8 K's.

9 - 7.1 = 1.2

16 + 5 = 21...

Could've broke the record. just because he K'ed them once doesn't mean theyre gonna strike out again.

in basketball terms for example, just because a player picked up 15 points in the 1st quarter doesn't mean he's gonna end up having 60 points at the end of the game.

lightening doesn't always strike twice. I was just sayin'...

:plain

QUOTE ( @ --)

He was on pace for 21.

3.2 innings = 8 K's.

3.2 + 3.2 = 7.1 = 16

lol I know, I just wanted to make a point that just because you might be cruising on early..it doesn't always mean you'll be cruising by the end.

3.2 innings = 8 K's.

9 - 7.1 = 1.2

16 + 5 = 21...

lightening doesn't always strike twice. I was just sayin'...

:plain lol I know, I just wanted to make a point that just because you might be cruising on early..it doesn't always mean you'll be cruising by the end.

3.2 innings = 8 K's.

9 - 7.1 = 1.2

16 + 5 = 21...

lightening doesn't always strike twice. 20 Ks is huge. I personally don't think Josh could've kept up with the pace he had. Just my opinion, though.

I can't believe he cut his hair

I think that was a good sign, and hopefully he will return to being less arogant and cocky like he was before. he looks betterwith his hair cut short AGREED.

Not that I care that much about the way he looks or anything...