My trade idea

Ramp

we need a bat is right

KC is interested in Youkilis, Alavarez and Perez from Boston

I think we could top it with Stokes, Olsen, Ungs and Hutchinson

now what would we do after this year?

you resign Beltran, you let Juan Pierre go(Eric Reed could be ready by then and then 1 year later Hermida would be ready)

*prepares for rock throwage*

Ramp....no

*throws rock*

Beltran ain't worth it for us.

explain Why trade JP and alot of the farm for one player who may not be with us next year? I dont think I said trade JP

and this is assuming Beltran resigns

dawg you be stupid to bat Beltran 2nd G'

... ohh yeah no I do not want Beltran ... we do need a bat and I agree

I was thinking maybe we could talk into trading for Robert Fick from TB. They have like 4 first baseman and I dont think it would take much to get him. He is also a guy that puts the ball in play and has some pop.

ohh yeah i have no idea whats the status of this guy (injured, released, minors, playing, whatever) it just crossed my mind since everyone is playing GM nowadays

and the fact that Beltran is going to command at least 11-12 million next year and if we sign Beltran, Pavano and Penny are as good as gone, and who knows if we'd be able to sign Beckett, Willis, and Cabrera in the future if we have a huge contract on the books. You've seen how teams have been crippled by giving huge contracts to players. (Rockies, Pirates, Rangers)

and the fact that Beltran is going to command at least 11-12 million next year and if we sign Beltran, Pavano and Penny are as good as gone, and who knows if we'd be able to sign Beckett, Willis, and Cabrera in the future if we have a huge contract on the books. You've seen how teams have been crippled by giving huge contracts to players. (Rockies, Pirates, Rangers)

we have a winner. :notworthy

i'd be willing to do that, only if Beltran is 100% signed and locked up before we lose him

question: do u want to drop JP after this season, or lose him after '05

if so, what's the outfield look like in '05?

JP is a FA in 05

say we get Beltran we could play Nunez, Eric Reed(JP clone if he is ready), find some free agent for the year and wait for Hermida in 06

oh yea, we have that Niner guy too

and you think if we sign Beltran to say a 5-6 year contract for say 12 million a year it's not going to cripple us in the future as far as being able to sign our current young stars.

and I don't want to hear that we have a stadium on the way and we'll be able to increase our payroll, because that is far from being finalized, and who knows if Loria will increase the payroll anyways.