Marlins All-Time Team - Your choice!

Admin

Not trying to start a fight here, but how can anyone be legit and pick Harvey over Nen for RP?

Harvey pitched only 1 real year here. That year was great but the other 2 years he was a Marlin were wastes.

Nen had 4 great years here where his ERA was never over a 3.89. In fact here were his stats:

SEASON TEAM W L ERA G GS CG SHO SV SVO IP H R ER HR HBP BB SO

1994 Florida Marlins 5 5 2.95 44 0 0 0 15 --- 58.0 46 20 19 6 0 17 60

1995 Florida Marlins 0 7 3.29 62 0 0 0 23 --- 65.2 62 26 24 6 1 23 68

1996 Florida Marlins 5 1 1.95 75 0 0 0 35 --- 83.0 67 21 18 2 1 21 92

1997 Florida Marlins 9 3 3.89 73 0 0 0 35 --- 74.0 72 35 32 7 0 40 81

Being different and choosing an unworthy candidate are different.

If you want to be different, shave you head. But if we are trying to honestly choose who we really think should be the best in team history, pick who is most deserving.

I'm not trying to be mean or anything, just honest.

WildCard...

Some people are just different and like to be difficult. You will never change them and thats why society usual shuns them. They usually were picked on as kids, not given enough attention or were always just plain old outcasts. You are young but will learn in time who some of these people are.

I dont think Piazza is a reasonable analogy, even though I think youre trying to exaggerate. Piazza was here for a week, Harvey had a dominating season on a team that wasnt too good. I think he set the record for getting a save or win in 70% of the Marlins wins that year. Harvey actually finished 8th in the Cy Young voting and 14th in the MVP voting in 1993. And what happened to Harvey after 93, did he get injured or something? He had 45 saves in 93, then 6 in 94 with only 12 appearances, then pitched in one game in 95.

the topic for this thread is "Marlins All-Time Team"-Your Choice...

so who cares if Harvey is picked over Nen or if Paul Bako over CJ....

who f***in cares?

Correct ALL-TIME TEAM. This is not a best year team. It is a team based upon who was the best at that position for the Marlins during their career, or what they did for the Marlins. Not something based upon one goods season that accomplished nothing.

Harvey pitched for the Marlins in three seperate years, yet he only had one good, productive year. Yet he is your choice for all-time Marlins relief pitcher over someone who had a great 4 years here? Doesn't make sense or add up.

that may be true....

but you need to respect people's opinions whether you agree with them or not

Spare me the 3rd grade teacher lesson. I accecpt your choice, but I really can't respect it. It just does not make sense for the topic and I have a hard time believing you truly think Harvey is the Marlins best RP of all-time.

that may be true....

Spare me the 3rd grade teacher lesson. I accecpt your choice, but I really can't respect it. It just does not make sense for the topic and I have a hard time believing you truly think Harvey is the Marlins best RP of all-time. Im sorry you feel that way.

that may be true....

Spare me the 3rd grade teacher lesson. I accecpt your choice, but I really can't respect it. It just does not make sense for the topic and I have a hard time believing you truly think Harvey is the Marlins best RP of all-time. Im sorry you feel that way. Uh huh........ :whistle

C: Charles Johnson

1B: Jeff Connine

2B: Luis Castillo

SS: Edgar Renteria

3B: Mike Lowell

LF: Mouises Alou

CF: Preston Wilson

RF: Gary Sheffield

SP1: Kevin Brown

SP2: Al Leiter

SP3: A.J. Burnett

SP4: Ryan Dempster